Yosemite GTX 9xx/750/750 ti Compatibility Report

jamiethemorris

146 posts in this topic

I picked up the MSI GTX 980 Gaming and am running the latest web drivers in 10.10.2. nvda_drv=1

I am attempting to use dual displays with both DVI+HDMI or DVI+Display to DVI adapter, but am getting a grey screen on startup if both are connected. Each port seems to be working independently.

Is this bootloader related? I am on Chameleon, tried a few versions. What bootloader are other people with dual displays using?

Most of us are using Clover, however I don't think this is related to your problem. The first thing I would check is that you are using GraphicsEnabler=No. GraphicsEnabler=Yes will cause problems.

Well, I should test a bit more before crying to the interwebs. I updated from chameleon 2.3 2510 to 2570. I can now startup with dual displays via DVI+ HDMI->DVI or via DVI + DP->DVI adapter.

I will eventually look into Clover. Been saying that for about 1.5 years ;p I know I need to make the transition...

Thanks for the quick responses guys! (perhaps include in the OP that Chameleon users need to be on 2570?)

Well, I should test a bit more before crying to the interwebs. I updated from chameleon 2.3 2510 to 2570. I can now startup with dual displays via DVI+ HDMI->DVI or via DVI + DP->DVI adapter.

I will eventually look into Clover. Been saying that for about 1.5 years ;p I know I need to make the transition...

Thanks for the quick responses guys! (perhaps include in the OP that Chameleon users need to be on 2570?)

Glad you got it working. I added this to the OP.

Also, noticed the OP indicates that CUDA is not working for anyone, but if you install newer CUDA versions then you have fully functional CUDA.

This version of CUDA worked for me, but any version number higher than this should be fine: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.5.25-driver.html

Thanks, I added this info to the OP as well.

OK, finally done with being a nuisance in your thread.

Chameleon booted fine many times in a row with dual monitors working on the GTX 980, but after swapping back in my GTX 970 (to see if that resolved the issue there) it had the same grey screen on startup, which remained even after putting back in the GTX 980.

I finally decided to jump ship. Installed Clover, turns out it only took about 10 minutes to get it all working. I now have dual displays again and the problem definitely is resolved.

In summary, use Clover if using dual displays with a GTX 970 or GTX 980, or bug the Chameleon team to figure out what is going on.

Anyone tried a GTX 750 Ti in here yet?

OK, finally done with being a nuisance in your thread.

Chameleon booted fine many times in a row with dual monitors working on the GTX 980, but after swapping back in my GTX 970 (to see if that resolved the issue there) it had the same grey screen on startup, which remained even after putting back in the GTX 980.

I finally decided to jump ship. Installed Clover, turns out it only took about 10 minutes to get it all working. I now have dual displays again and the problem definitely is resolved.

In summary, use Clover if using dual displays with a GTX 970 or GTX 980, or bug the Chameleon team to figure out what is going on.

Anyone tried a GTX 750 Ti in here yet?

BTW, your SMBios is not iMac, is it?

So I have the Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB  G1 Gaming and was wondering if anyone found a framebuffer or way to get the other two display ports to be detected by OS X on the card. I just got some new monitors and one of the reasons I bought this unit was because its the only 970 (at the time) with 3 DP ports making it perfect for multi-display UHD content. And before you ask, yes I tried MST and that didn't help.

So I have the Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB G1 Gaming and was wondering if anyone found a framebuffer or way to get the other two display ports to be detected by OS X on the card. I just got some new monitors and one of the reasons I bought this unit was because its the only 970 (at the time) with 3 DP ports making it perfect for multi-display UHD content. And before you ask, yes I tried MST and that didn't help.

they should be working. If they're not, it's because you have nvidia injection enabled in clover or GraphicsEnabler=Yes in chameleon. If you have either one of those enabled you will likely end up with only one port working.

So I have the Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB  G1 Gaming and was wondering if anyone found a framebuffer or way to get the other two display ports to be detected by OS X on the card. I just got some new monitors and one of the reasons I bought this unit was because its the only 970 (at the time) with 3 DP ports making it perfect for multi-display UHD content. And before you ask, yes I tried MST and that didn't help.

Are you using Chameleon? If so, switch to Clover.

• Like 1

installed the webdrivers for 10.10.1 (which im on) and the chameleon 2088 has dual displays running, although after browsing for an hour or 2 i still get kernel panics, so maybe ill finally bite the bullet and look into clover, last time i tried it i got kind've lost (still a nub with newer hackintosh)

installed the webdrivers for 10.10.1 (which im on) and the chameleon 2088 has dual displays running, although after browsing for an hour or 2 i still get kernel panics, so maybe ill finally bite the bullet and look into clover, last time i tried it i got kind've lost (still a nub with newer hackintosh)

i would suggest just giving it a go, and if you get stuck just ask for help.Also I really would recommend updating to the latest, both the web drivers and the os have gotten much better.

It seems that 343.02.02f02 is broken with the newest security update 2015-002 that was released today, March 09, 2015.

If you have already installed the security update, modify the SystemVersions.plist in /System/Library/CoreServices/

Change the value of ProductBuildVersion to 14C109.

Finally repair the disk permissions and reboot.

You'll boot up and the driver will notify you that it's not compatible with the current OS version and you'll have no 2D/3D acceleration. It looks like because the build number of the OS changed. The current NVIDIA driver is only compatible with 14C109. The security update changes OS X to 14C1510. (This is for Yosemite). If you've applied the Security update to Mavericks, etc., their version number gets updated as well, breaking the web driver on those OSes too.

Try this:

In Finder:

Go > Go To Folder:
/System/Library/CoreServices/

Open SystemVersion.plist in TextEdit, and modify:
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>XXXXX</string>

Back to
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14C109</string>

Let me know if this works. FYI this is for Yosemite 10.10.2.
Modify appropriately for other versions of OS X, and their version numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

MacPro6,1 with web drivers, my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, and 10.10.2 results in endless boot loops with more than 1 monitor connected. I use 1 monitor through DP and the other DVI. My system was fine with 10.10.1, but anything after(including both security updates with current drivers) is broken.  I tried removing any HDMI audio edits I had in my SSDT, but that didn't matter either.

MacPro5,1 and web drivers work fine with both of my monitors connect, but it messes up my power management a bit on my 3930k.

Any ideas?

MacPro6,1 with web drivers, my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, and 10.10.2 results in endless boot loops with more than 1 monitor connected. I use 1 monitor through DP and the other DVI. My system was fine with 10.10.1, but anything after(including both security updates with current drivers) is broken. I tried removing any HDMI audio edits I had in my SSDT, but that didn't matter either.

MacPro5,1 and web drivers work fine with both of my monitors connect, but it messes up my power management a bit on my 3930k.

Any ideas?

what does it do to the power management?

what does it do to the power management?

It's all over the place.  During idle it constantly bounces, seldom staying at 12x and has less steps.  Temps also run about 5 degree C higher.  MacPro6,1 has better PM for me(idles like it should with better temps) but there seems to be some major conflict with my GPU and 10.10.2 with current web drivers.  I've seen several other threads of people having similar issues but nobody seems to know how to fix the 2+ monitor issue without using MacPro5,1.

It's all over the place. During idle it constantly bounces, seldom staying at 12x and has less steps. Temps also run about 5 degree C higher. MacPro6,1 has better PM for me(idles like it should with better temps) but there seems to be some major conflict with my GPU and 10.10.2 with current web drivers. I've seen several other threads of people having similar issues but nobody seems to know how to fix the 2+ monitor issue without using MacPro5,1.

that's really odd, I don't know why it would affect CPU pm. I know GPU and cpu power management are tied together with appleacpiplatform.... Maybe try deleting applegraphicspowermanagement?