[Guide] OS X 10.10 Yosemite on SurfacePro2 - Multiboot

liliha

149 posts in this topic

Hi @joyjang

Please follow the previous posts adding AvastarFwLoader.kext (bt), GenericUSBXHCI.kext (latest version for usb 3.0 support) and ACPIBatteryManager.kext (battery) to your EFI partition (/EFT/CLOVER/kexts folder). They should all work.

Good luck!

Thanks. It really works.

Now I returned to Yosemite back.

One thing! I don't think this is profit graphic drive. Because the menu bar isn't translucent nor clear text menu. Also there're cracks when I login and mission control.

Anyone find how to correct this graphics?

Ps.

Would U guys recommend some application for hand writing notes? Such as Onenote in Windows.

I know there is mac onenote, but it doesn't recognized hand writing.

Which program is better??

Soo...I updated successful to 10.10.1 without any problems (haven't really done much other then fix permission, update, reboot, and repair permission) soo I can't be 100% certain that nothing broke,

But to clarify I am on 10.10.1 on my SP2 boot directly off SSD!

Soo...I updated successful to 10.10.1 without any problems (haven't really done much other then fix permission, update, reboot, and repair permission) soo I can't be 100% certain that nothing broke,

But to clarify I am on 10.10.1 on my SP2 boot directly off SSD!

What do you mean with fix permission?

Hi guys,

At the end of the tutorial when I have to mount my usb drive, it says "ressources are busy"

what can I do to solve the issue I tried to unmount but not working.

Thank you

goldiman

You may have selected the wrong partition. Make sure you choose the EFI partition.

Upgraded to 10.10.1. Everything works fine.

The power management is still unstable.

I experienced an issue when I reduce the resolution of my desktop to 1280 x 720. The logon screen resolution stays as 1920x1080 every time I reboot. The update doesn't fix this issue. (I though it was fixed when reboot the first time after upgrade. The resolution was 1280 x 720 in the logon  screen.)

Does anyone have the same issue? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You may have selected the wrong partition. Make sure you choose the EFI partition.

Upgraded to 10.10.1. Everything works fine.

The power management is still unstable.

I experienced an issue when I reduce the resolution of my desktop to 1280 x 720. The logon screen resolution stays as 1920x1080 every time I reboot. The update doesn't fix this issue. (I though it was fixed when reboot the first time after upgrade. The resolution was 1280 x 720 in the logon  screen.)

Does anyone have the same issue? 

Sorry I forgot to thank you , It worked :)

Now I have an issue with powerpoint anyone have an idea?

thank you :)

Is anyone, besides me, getting the Spinning Beach Ball consistently throughout the Yosemite post installation?

When I try to open any App or folder, the Surface takes about 25 seconds to complete the task. This makes the experience very lackluster. Is anyone else experiencing such performance?

I followed liliha guide word for word.

I had this with multiple Mavericks installations. I could never get it to work, so I abandoned it and planned to wait for Yosemite. If I cloned my Mavericks over to a portable USB HDD, it worked fine, so it had a problem with the SSD. I have the i5 4300 processor.

Today I tried the Yosemite install and like you - spinning ball again. Its unusable. Did you figure out a solution?

Thanks for the excellent guide.  Got it right my 1st try.

Some things I thought it would be useful to add to the guide.

• Needed to install HWSensors.6.11.1328.pkg to get the battery indicator working (flickers, but indicates charge state when on)
  • Enabled basic HiDPI by typing in terminal
    sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true
  • To get around needing a keyboard in Clover, edit config.plist to have a DefaultVolume tag in Boot
  • try out Ink in Preferences

Verified as working

• USB 2
  • HiDPI
  • Digitizer
  • front and back cameras (but gain is way too high)
  • speakers
  • Bluetooth with keyboard

Not working, unexpected

• USB 3 (I have RehabMan's 2014-1016 installed)
  • Microphone (recognized, but non-working display doesn't correspond to input bar graph)
  • Screen dimming (manual either by buttons or in Control Panel, as mentioned by temetvince)

Any suggestions for the non-working stuff?

-akebono

SurfacePro2:  Os: OsX 10.10.1 Cpu: i5-4300U Gpu: Intel HD4400 Ram: 8gb 1600mhz SSD: 250 GB

Edited by akebono

Had a small framebuffer corruption issue that showed up in PhotoBooth, Mission Control icons and the menubar.  The fix was posted at [cough] and thanks are to vbo.  I'm copying here.

Modify the Clover config.plist to include:

<dict>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>QECI HD4600 Azul (GT2 Mobile to Desktop)</string>
   <key>Find</key>
   <data>PYaAEgQ=</data>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <data>PYaAFgQ=</data>
 </dict>

In terminal run this script (copy line by line if you like, requires auto download of codesign):

# Patch libCLVMIGILPlugin for HD4400 OpenCL / OpenGL 
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|([\xFF\xFC\x3D])\x86\x80\x12\x04|$1\x86\x80\x16\x0A|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

The Surface display seems to run a little snappier too.

• 2 weeks later...

(Surface2Pro+OSX+Yosemite)

Hi. Just wanted to comment that I have downloaded the latest "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" and then removed the "gux_defer_usb2" in my config.plist boot parameters and it looks like USB 3.0 is working ok now on my Surface 2 Pro. At least I can say that I get very good transfer speed and all my devices are detected perfectly. I am using a HUB USB 3.0 and all my Hard Drives are USB 3.0. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Is anyone, besides me, getting the Spinning Beach Ball consistently throughout the Yosemite post installation?

When I try to open any App or folder, the Surface takes about 25 seconds to complete the task. This makes the experience very lackluster. Is anyone else experiencing such performance?

I followed liliha guide word for word.

I'm getting this too, and I'll bet we both have either 64GB or 128GB Samsung SSDs.  I found a Microsoft support article called "Surface Pro 2: Slow disk performance when you have a specific Intel driver installed"  Here's the relevant bit:

On a Surface Pro 2 device that has a Samsung SSD 64 gigabyte (GB) or 128 GB hard disk drive (Samsung MZMPC128HBFU-000MV or MZMPC128HBFU-000MV), you may experience the following symptoms:

• The system is so slow or unresponsive that you cannot type your password to log on. 
  • System performance is so slow or unresponsive that it is difficult to do anything after you are logged on to Windows. 
  • If you let the device run for a long time, system performance may improve to the point where you can log on and perform basic tasks. However, the system may still seem to freeze or may not accept commands, depending on what you are doing.

• On Windows there's an updated SATA AHCI chipset driver that works around whatever conflict there is between the AHCI driver and the Samsung firmware.  Linux also seems to have a working driver, as Ubuntu 14.10 works great.  Unfortunately, Apple's AHCI driver must suffer from the same bug as the earlier Windows driver referred to in the support article.  I don't think there's much we can do, short of hoping that Apple fixes it in a later update, which seems unlikely, or replacing the SSD, which looks super difficult and likely to damage the display. 

If anyone has ideas for a workaround, that would be awesome.  Otherwise, I guess I have to give up on my dream of running OS X on this thing. :(

All done

Problems though

- serious graphics glitches everywhere

- no windows in boot options juist windows legacy 1,2,3 etc all showing a logo then back to boot loader

- no ethernet or battery

can use internet through android tether with a kext install

graphics is a sod though

• Like 1

(Surface2Pro+OSX+Yosemite)

Hi. Just installed 10.10.2 and now I see graphic glitches everywhere, all the time, plus graphic redrawing is super slow, it's like there's no more QE+CI or anything. I have removed all the video patches and injections, and it's the same. Patched it all over again, including the console patch, but same thing. So graphics stop working and looks like all the previous hacks aren't working for 10.10.2...  That's all I see so far. 

• 4 weeks later...

(SurfacePro2 OSX10.10)

Working pretty well.

Couple of things I feel worth mentioning -

Once USB 3 fix is in place make sure you boot with a USB 3 device plugged in (thank you to whoever posted this I have lost track I have read so many posts!)

To use Headphones you have to manually select the headphone jack in audio properties it will not automatically switch.

Windows symbol on tablet and volume controls = brightness (again not my discovery)

Brightness only works after sleep (thanks!)

You need to delete network pref p.list for iCloud to work, instructions here: http://osxdaily.com/2012/11/30/resolving-stubborn-wi-fi-connection-problems-in-mac-os-x/

iMessage not working but I use remote messages on my jailbroken iPhone 6 which gives same functionality through a web browser including SMS!  Its in BigBoss repo.

I can confirm 5.5 hours light browsing I browsed for 2 (low brightness) and still had 65% ish left.  I am watching a Hi res Movie now and its a little draining faster, will post my findings... Based on about 45 minutes of watching I'd say 4.45, not too bad!

What usb WIFI 's are people using?

I have an edimax, was $10 on amazon but can't seem to get more than about 2-3mbs when I visit speediest.net and we have 50mbs service...

Anyone able to get HiDPI 720p working?  

I tried switchresx which worked great on Mavericks and the HiDPI setting is gone in Yosemite.  I emailed switchresx and they said its apple who have removed the setting in yosemite...  After a fresh install switchres x started working 720P HiDPI looks fantastic and my eyes are very grateful! (Install a scaled 2560x1440 and You need to also enable HiDPI in yosemite terminal - sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true  )

Great work everyone!  I love my new surface OS X tablet!

I'm using the same dsdt.aml that I downloaded in this thread.... 

UPDATE: I just bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LGN8HWS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

USB wifi AC adapter, the drivers are beta for yosemite but I'l post my findings. (hopefully they are better than my current edimax 150mbs which only seems to give me 2mbs!).