[GUIDE] ASRock H97 Pro4 Yosemite with Clover UEFI Installation

rednous

120 posts in this topic

Hi Rednous,

Just to close the loop on things. The root cause of the kernel panics on shutdown/reboot is the graphics (GT 740). I switch my smbios to MacPro5,1 to install the newest web drivers and reverted back to iMac14,2. That solved my problem!

Thanks everyone!

Just great news — congratulations :)

• 3 weeks later...

My internet hunt brought me to this thread - i managed to setup my hackintosh brilliantly with the help of this thread however i'm having a very bizzare issue:

Everytime i try and run a graphics intense app/ game, the program unexpectedly quits - sometimes the whole system would freeze also 

setup using latest clover

ASUS H87 Plus

Intel i7 4790S

16gb 1600mhz DDR3

EVGA GTX 750 Ti (running with DisplayPort)

Everything else works perfectly, sleep, audio, iMessage even!

much better than my X79 based hackintosh - i just need to work out this graphic bug and i'll be complete

Everytime i try and run a graphics intense app/ game, the program unexpectedly quits - sometimes the whole system would freeze also 

setup using latest clover

ASUS H87 Plus

Intel i7 4790S

16gb 1600mhz DDR3

EVGA GTX 750 Ti (running with DisplayPort)

Everything else works perfectly, sleep, audio, iMessage even!

much better than my X79 based hackintosh - i just need to work out this graphic bug and i'll be complete

What about your Power Supply Unit? I mean is it a quality brand properly rated as a power output.

What about your Power Supply Unit? I mean is it a quality brand properly rated as a power output.

I'm using the Pico PSU 200W with a 203W 12V supply

Reason why im using hte PICO is since im running it in a custom G4 Cube Enclosure which obviously is space limited.

But even still - the CPU Max's out at 60W TDP and the GPU Maxes out @ 60W TDP also - hardly reaching the 200W ceiling. 

I'm using the Pico PSU 200W with a 203W 12V supply

Reason why im using hte PICO is since im running it in a custom G4 Cube Enclosure which obviously is space limited.

But even still - the CPU Max's out at 60W TDP and the GPU Maxes out @ 60W TDP also - hardly reaching the 200W ceiling. 

EDIT: All good solved! i unplugged the molex power connector to the PCIe riser cable and now its running fine :)

I don't want to sound to you disappointing, but googling for your PSU brand and model stumbled upon this forum thread.

I'll give you for example my PSU — it's 700W Cooler Master, although the GTX 750 and i5 (my CPU) total max power isn't greater than 250-300W. Please note that a rock solid and powerful enough PSU is the foundation of a stable PC :)

Why don't you try the PSU from your X79 hackintosh?

• Like 1

Hello, i was hoping to get some help as i've hit a roadblock in my initial install.

First my computer build stats:

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Pro4 

CPU: Intel i5-4690k
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 128GB
Video: integrated hd4600
Audio: integrated audio
Ethernet: integrated ethernet
RAM: 1 x 8GB crucial hyper X ddr3 @1600

I followed all the steps to create the yosemite installation USB using a mac book air.  Only thing I wasn't sure i did properly wasvextracting the DSDT. All i did was hit F4 when i initially enter clover.  After i hit the install osx option when I'm in clover, it continues onto a blank screen and stops there.  any help would be appreciated.

also, I'm using yosemite 10.3.3 install file as that is what's available on the mac store.

I'm no pro but when i was setting up my hackintosh i did encounter this problem.

As there isn't any prompt that tells you DSDT is copied. You sorta have to play around.

What I did was to switch around the USB ports (can't use USB 3 ports if i'm not wrong) and i used a card reader with SD card instead of a flash drive.

The advantage of that is that my card reader has those linky blinking leds to indicate activity.

And after trying a few ports, it knew it worked when i hit F4 and the led lights starting blinking for about 5-10s.

I hope that helps a bit. Rednous probably has a better solution if you wait for it. =)

EDIT: You're using integrated GFX, think u might have to inject for that to work (some manage to get Rednous config file to work first but should be no harm to inject intelgfx first. Rednous should have mentioned that before (see quoted): 

n1c3jack3t, on 18 Feb 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:snapback.png

My question is, are there any modifications I will need to make to your post-installation config.plist if I plan on using the iGPU? I see you suggest adding: FIX_INTELGFX_100000 = True (Yes) and Inject_Intel = True (Yes) to the config.plist, but wanted to see if there was anything else. Besides that, all my hardware is virtually the same. Thanks!

Hi  :) According to what robin051 reported earlier in the thread the answer is yes:

robin051, on 14 Dec 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:snapback.png

rednous's initial config.plist worked fine for me all the way from installation to booting into OSX. The krik is HD4600 graphics won't work at all and you will only see 7MB of ram allocated to HD4600.

My workaround is to compile a "vanilla" config.plist using the boot flags and fixes as suggested by rednous earlier in this thread. I used Config Configurator to modify my config.plist. The relevant fixes for HD4600 to work is FIX_INTELGFX and Inject_Intel. Now the graphics is working perfectly.

• Like 1

I don't want to sound to you disappointing, but googling for your PSU brand and model stumbled upon this forum thread.

I'll give you for example my PSU — it's 700W Cooler Master, although the GTX 750 and i5 (my CPU) total max power isn't greater than 250-300W. Please note that a rock solid and powerful enough PSU is the foundation of a stable PC :)

Why don't you try the PSU from your X79 hackintosh?

I might have to try it - however i was thinking ... if it was the PSU not being able to supply efficient power wouldnt the whole system turn off or freeze or something?

The computer is simply unexpectedly quitting the application 

Anyway Rednous, any issues upgrading to 10.10.3? I'm still holding back for now. Trying not to fix what is not broken. Haha.

I might have to try it - however i was thinking ... if it was the PSU not being able to supply efficient power wouldnt the whole system turn off or freeze or something?

The computer is simply unexpectedly quitting the application 

1) It probably isn't a matter of supply enough or efficient power but more of stability issues. 

2) if it is a GPU issue, check if your nvidia web drivers are installed properly and made active (menu bar -> nvidia web drivers pref icon -> select Nvidia web drivers instead of OSX drivers) ? (install via pacifist isn't sufficient, make sure smbios is macpro to allow the drivers to be installed).

3) Try running cinebench and see if the behaviour repeats. On my MBP mid 2010, running cinebench or any graphic intensive app will crash the mbp and it's a documented gpu issue. I missed the replacement period unfortunately. =(

4) Check if the syslog is reporting the GPU correctly? 

grep kernel /var/log/system.log

Just my two cents. 

• Like 2

I'm no pro but when i was setting up my hackintosh i did encounter this problem.

As there isn't any prompt that tells you DSDT is copied. You sorta have to play around.

What I did was to switch around the USB ports (can't use USB 3 ports if i'm not wrong) and i used a card reader with SD card instead of a flash drive.

The advantage of that is that my card reader has those linky blinking leds to indicate activity.

And after trying a few ports, it knew it worked when i hit F4 and the led lights starting blinking for about 5-10s.

I hope that helps a bit. Rednous probably has a better solution if you wait for it. =)

EDIT: You're using integrated GFX, think u might have to inject for that to work (some manage to get Rednous config file to work first but should be no harm to inject intelgfx first. Rednous should have mentioned that before (see quoted): 

n1c3jack3t, on 18 Feb 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi  :) According to what robin051 reported earlier in the thread the answer is yes:

robin051, on 14 Dec 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:snapback.png

Pardon my ignorance, but how would i inject intelgfx?

Just simply modify your config.plist (see quotes in my original post to you) using code editors such as plist pro(easier but not free, available for trial) or text wrangler . Not really sure what is the cause of the black screen tbh, just pointing out some of my experiences relating to dsdt and gfx. Rednous should be of more help. You could start by sharing your config.plist

I ended up getting yosemite installed using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], i followed the post install tutorial to install clover.  after going through all the steps, It keeps booting into chameleon not clover.  Anyone have suggestions to force boot using clover?

Tony tools are a problem, we don't know what this app does.

You want use Clover in Legacy or UEFI?

initially i tried to install through clover exclusively, but could not get the usb to boot past the initial clover boot screen.  i decided to use tony's tools to get osx installed and then do a post install using clover.  i was successful up to the point of actually booting through clover from my hard drive.  would only boot through chameleon.  trying to use clover through UEFI.   any way to force boot through clover UEFI?

I don't know all your hardware specs, post here.

You need configure Clover for your machine now, read here how you can set config.plist correctly: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/pages/Configuration/

And here too: Clover v.2 Instructions

Thanks for the tip...  assuming I have the asrock h97 pro4, using integrated graphics i over wrote the existing plist with the one in the op 1st post:

2. config [Final boot with I218-V + Audio + TRIM + DSDT injected fixes H97 Pro4].plist

this would not be good enough?

Oh yeah, i forgot about this config.plist already set.

Keep with this config.plist, and enjoy your Hack  ;)

thanks.  everything is working fine with this config.plist, only thing i'm experiencing is that it runs a bit choppy, particularly when moving the mouse, and when browsing the web.  any suggestions?

thanks.  everything is working fine with this config.plist, only thing i'm experiencing is that it runs a bit choppy, particularly when moving the mouse, and when browsing the web.  any suggestions?

Please check under system information if your hackintosh is only allocating 7MB of VRAM to Intel Graphics HD4600.

• Like 1

Please check under system information if your hackintosh is only allocating 7MB of VRAM to Intel Graphics HD4600.

Looks like I'm not even getting 7MB. based on preferences i'm getting 4 mb of VRAM.  Have any tips to get it working?  the link below contain pics of my system info (not sure how to post pics directly on the forum)

http://1drv.ms/1H7BJ2n

Please check under system information if your hackintosh is only allocating 7MB of VRAM to Intel Graphics HD4600

I noticed your post from page two about injecting intel and FIX_INTELGFX via clover configurator. i found "injectintel".  where do I select "fix_intelGFX?

I noticed your post from page two about injecting intel and FIX_INTELGFX via clover configurator. i found "injectintel".  where do I select "fix_intelGFX?

Here. Inject this string "0x04128086"

<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x041268086</string>