[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

JahStories

380 posts in this topic

@JahStories 

Is there any chance for making clover boot to windows automaticly after 5 seconds?

i see you have in your config.plist:  <key>Timeout</key>

<integer>5</integer>

but seems its not working properly.

another question is how to boot yosemite in safe mode? i hate that red screen.

Edit: one more thing, i allready updated maverick, OS X 10.10.1,  from app store and everything is working but sound. just install soud kext to get it working again...

Thanks

• Like 1

You will need to set the proper default boot drive to boot into.

Hey Ikyo,

Could you explain the steps on how you got this to work ?

You will need to install the Kext with something like KextDrop.  Once it has been installed, you will need to copy the SSDT to your Clover EFI folder.  You will need to call the first one -1 and this one -2.  Once this has been done, reboot the machine and remove the networkconfig.plist.  Reboot again and then click + to add an ethernet interface.  Once this as been added, you can then install your network driver with no issues.  That will only get the App Store to work.  If you want the rest to work, it will take a little more work.

You will need to set the proper default boot drive to boot into.

You will need to install the Kext with something like KextDrop.  Once it has been installed, you will need to copy the SSDT to your Clover EFI folder.  You will need to call the first one -1 and this one -2.  Once this has been done, reboot the machine and remove the networkconfig.plist.  Reboot again and then click + to add an ethernet interface.  Once this as been added, you can then install your network driver with no issues.  That will only get the App Store to work.  If you want the rest to work, it will take a little more work.

Thanks Ikyo, is there a guide somewhere I could follow cause I could not find anything and I want to get iTunes to work.

I think the issue with the white washed out screen is caused by not having kext-dev-mode=1 in the boot options.  Once I enabled that, I had no issues.  Has anyone taken a look at: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

Has anyone tried to update to 10.10.1?  Has anyone been able to get video out of the DP?  I have a DP to HDMI adapter and nothing shows.

Mine HDMI adapter it not working too.

I allready make a comment about  the new update 4 posts before this one.

I think the issue with the white washed out screen is caused by not having kext-dev-mode=1 in the boot options.  Once I enabled that, I had no issues.  Has anyone taken a look at: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

Has anyone tried to update to 10.10.1?  Has anyone been able to get video out of the DP?  I have a DP to HDMI adapter and nothing shows.

@JahStories

Thank you for all the work you've put into these guides. I previously followed the Mavericks guide for Surface Pro, and moved on to this one today. While I experienced the same issues as others with kernel panic upon trying to use -x flag, I worked around it with several reboots and now have all functions working. (thanks @stutech for suggesting the alternate config.plist). You rock!

• Like 1

Hi

I have had Mavericks running fine and subsequently Yosemite DP. Decided today to do a fresh install of 10.10 however can only get 10.10.1 from the app store, has anyone successfully got it working, I am getting nowhere fast and unsure if its 10.10.1 or if I am doing something wrong?

If anyone has a link to 10.10 that would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Can't get it to load the installer, get a Bluetooth transport error, however it then progresses with a lot more errors, black screen and nothing. Tried with the -x argument, tried without caches, redid the pen, followed the video, I cannot figure out what is up with it.

@Ethan

welcome back :D

Btw, I did a fresh installation recently, try using only the files provided with the original pack plus this config.plist posted earlier, then boot using space and select without caches and with kext injection,

no extra flag, don't boot safe.

After the installation install all the kexts but not Appleframebuffercapri.

Let us know if this helped ;)

@Ethan

welcome back :D

Btw, I did a fresh installation recently, try using only the files provided with the original pack plus this config.plist posted earlier, then boot using space and select without caches and with kext injection,

no extra flag, don't boot safe.

After the installation install all the kexts but not Appleframebuffercapri.

Let us know if this helped ;)

Thanks, I hadn't seen the alternate config.plist, I'm out tonight but I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Morning, thanks for the suggestion of the alternate config.plist, still seems to hit the bluetooth error after 'using 64bit bootcache playlist'. Then continues to load with the same lot of errors and eventually black screen. 

I am going to try redoing the pen just now just to check it.

Any other ideas or does the 64bit bootcache playlist mean anything to any of you more experienced guys?

Thanks

Hi, Thank you for sharing this guide. Unfortunately, I am having trouble installing Yoesmite on my SP1.

I have done the following:

1) Created the usb drive and have yoesmite installed on it.

2) Used Clover r3033 to created a EFI partition on the usb drive and have the required files copied across, refer to  'Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 11.32.49 pm.png' attached.

3) Managed to boot my Surface Pro with the usb drive

4) Appended '-x' at the boot arguments under Options

5) Selected to Boot with kexts injection. This is where i got stuck, a error message appear on the screen, please refer to '20141202_230914.jpg' attached.

What have i done wrong? Any help will be very much appreciated.

post-1442443-0-56657200-1417524888_thumb.png

post-1442443-0-88200900-1417524931_thumb.jpg

Hi, Thank you for sharing this guide. Unfortunately, I am having trouble installing Yoesmite on my SP1.

I have done the following:

1) Created the usb drive and have yoesmite installed on it.

2) Used Clover r3033 to created a EFI partition on the usb drive and have the required files copied across, refer to  'Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 11.32.49 pm.png' attached.

3) Managed to boot my Surface Pro with the usb drive

4) Appended '-x' at the boot arguments under Options

5) Selected to Boot with kexts injection. This is where i got stuck, a error message appear on the screen, please refer to '20141202_230914.jpg' attached.

What have i done wrong? Any help will be very much appreciated.

I was in a similar boat--I used the config.plist file here: 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301884-guide-surface-pro-1st-gen-yosemite-clean-installation/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2090655

Now I have a spazzed out display I need to work on :D

Hoping someone can help out.. I am trying to install the Release version of Yosemite on my Surface Pro 1 64GB. Everything installs and runs fine but I cannot see anything as the graphics glitch out so bad it is like I am watching an old static analog tv signal. This is not my first time running a version of Hackintosh but it is my first on a surface. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Um.. never mind now.. After messing with this for a few days, it now boots fine to the OS with no glitches.. Couldn't tell you what I did different. However I did boot with injected Kexts command.. I might see how it does as a normal boot.

2nd Edit.. Ok so normal boot after Installing Clover and the files to the EFI drive and Kext Drop causes the graphics glitches.. :/.. What is the difference with doing a Inject Kext boot?

More Edits later.. Ok so I installed the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext from the folder that most everyone was saying not to. This fixed the graphics issue on boot to normal.. however before when I injected kext boot I would show 1024mb graphics and no issues, now i show 0mb graphics and laggy and temporary glitching on the window frames to include a random shutdown of the OS. Is there a modified framebuffer kext to work? It was hard to follow reading back through the thread. Also on normal boot I cannot see my thumbdrive anymore.. only under inject kext boot can I see it.