[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen Yosemite clean installation

JahStories

380 posts in this topic

@jelmo2

I don't understand why you are using a surfacepro 2 config.plist

when in the main post there is this warn.

NO SUPPORT IF YOU USE OTHER GUIDES, METHODS OR FILES PACKAGE.

Never mix files, the config.plist on the pack is mandatory to make everything works, you just need to edit the smbios part to achieve AppStore access.

@jahstories

the config.plist is for the missing bluetooth controller and the graphics

for the release Yosemite

the beta Yosemite don't work 

always stuk on bluetooth controller en laggy graphics 

there is no need to quote the whole post...

As i said before i can't provide any help if you guys mix files and other stuff.

Using files from different configuration can only create more problems.

Even cause is the config.plist that its injecting the right platform id for correct gpu accelleration.

And please remember to don't use dsdts or other tables from different machine, cause that can even damage the device :/

Btw

Obviously you can do whatever you want with the files inside the pack, but discuss your experiments on another thread please.

Good Hack.

It just doesn't work. I connect an external monitor to the miniDisplayPort via a miniDisplayPort to DVI adapter and it doesn't work. 
In my previous setup (Mavericks 10.9.5) I had to install a 'HD4000 DP/HDMI port' kext from the Hackintosh Vietnam Tool, which I also did now in the Yosemite clean setup and it doesn't work. Is there any workaround?

@JahStories

Nope. It doesn't work. My previous AppleIntelFramebufferCapri was version 10.0.86 and the one you attached is 10.0.77. 
The only difference with 10.0.77 is that when I plug in the cable, the Surface screen goes black for half a second (as if it understood that I plugged in an external screen) but the external screen doesn't receive a signal. 

With the 10.0.86 it didn't even 'blink' when I plugged in the cable..

Just wanted to add my success here...

I was able to get mostly everything working so far using this guide on my Surface Pro 1 - Single boot - OSX Yosemite.

Audio, pen, touch, keyboard, bt, displayport out all working for me :-]

The only hiccups so far:

-When installing Yosemite, the screen was hard to see due to black and white lines running across the screen. I just dealt with it and continued with the install. Eventually this was fixed after booting the hard drive and installing all the kext files. (although it was pretty tough to see what I was doing the whole time lol)

-Graphical glitches during boot -- Apple logo is displayed multiple times across the screen at boot - also when login screen comes up the screen flickers a few times. (I believe this is a known issue caused by the AppleFrameBufferCapri?)

-Still no internal WiFi (Which everyone already knows isn't working)

Thanks for all your hard work JahStories and everyone else who has contributed.

hi there,

thanks for providing your feedback

about your glitch during boot try to install the kext as suggested here

and for wifi just go get a micro usb wireless adapter, internal card isn't working yet...

hi there,

thanks for providing your feedback

about your glitch during boot try to install the kext as suggested here

and for wifi just go get a micro usb wireless adapter, internal card isn't working yet...

The kext you linked to has resolved the multiple apple logos during boot glitch, thank you!

I have a micro usb wireless adapter coming today. -- I will update once I have a chance to install.

The only real problem remaining for me is the flickering screen at password screen right after boot, but it sounds like that is an issue you are already aware of.