Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

Here's the latest one I got. It was a few days ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehx0ijvliip0bob/IMG_2269.JPG?dl=0

odd. Like like a similar issue to the 5960x issue, so maybe rolling back to the older 10.9.5 kexts would fix it. So I would definitely give mavericks a try and see how that goes. And start of with just using CPUs=1 without voodootscsync. Keep us posted on your progress! What are you planning on using this for?

odd. Like like a similar issue to the 5960x issue, so maybe rolling back to the older 10.9.5 kexts would fix it. So I would definitely give mavericks a try and see how that goes. And start of with just using CPUs=1 without voodootscsync. Keep us posted on your progress! What are you planning on using this for?

I actually did use CPUs=1 at first, though the last few attempts have been with VoodooTSCsync set to 35.

I'm not using it for anything spectacular, just a basic graphic art workstation, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom mostly. Mostly I just hate to wait while the computer is "processing." I do photography. 36MP photos eat up storage like crazy, especially with time-lapse/hyperlapses, hence the 15TB RAID5. I'd like to dabble in video editing at some point, too.

cpus=1 will never work on x99.

Also do not mod the VoodooTSCsync as changing it from 1 to some number does nothing. The Versions on my x79 and x99 are all set to 1.

wow, i had no idea. is yours a modified version or did they change the way the kext works?

cpus=1 will never work on x99.

Also do not mod the VoodooTSCsync as changing it from 1 to some number does nothing. The Versions on my x79 and x99 are all set to 1.

Thanks, Rampage Dev. Good to know. You're awesome.

I'll have to get back to the project after I get back from my VD trip. (Valentine's Day, guys. Jeez.)

Thanks, Rampage Dev. Good to know. You're awesome.

I'll have to get back to the project after I get back from my VD trip. (Valentine's Day, guys. Jeez.)

Lol I was very confused yesterday when my Mom kept referring to it as VD over text. 

Curious to see how that 36-core goes. My single 2699 V3 should be here in a few weeks.

Also, David, you can always disable cores in the BIOS to get down to 16 real cores and see if you can suddenly boot, but from your KP screenshot it does look like you just need to do a rollback, at least in order to see the next KP ;)

• Like 2

Hello

is there a way to get Yosemite on a Xeon E5 2660 v3 working ?

I have patched the Kernel (disabled the Haswell E Patch in Clover), replaced the IOPCIFamiliy.kext and AppleACPIPlatform with the Versions from 10.9.5, but always the Kernel "hangs" with "PCI Configuration begins".

10.9.5 works with the same System (without GraphicsAcceleration, the GF 970 seems not be supported by the NVidia Webdrivers for 10.9.5).

I tried all me known kernel parameters. The SSDT I'm using from Rampagedev for the GA-X99-UD4.

Hello

is there a way to get Yosemite on a Xeon E5 2660 v3 working ?

I have patched the Kernel (disabled the Haswell E Patch in Clover), replaced the IOPCIFamiliy.kext and AppleACPIPlatform with the Versions from 10.9.5, but always the Kernel "hangs" with "PCI Configuration begins".

10.9.5 works with the same System (without GraphicsAcceleration, the GF 970 seems not be supported by the NVidia Webdrivers for 10.9.5).

I tried all me known kernel parameters. The SSDT I'm using from Rampagedev for the GA-X99-UD4.

I am having the same difficulties. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Don't ask my what I have done, one day later Yosemite booted.

I think, what I have done, was removing the SSDT from the Clover ACPI/Patched Folder, replaced the IOPCIFamiliy.kext in System/Library/Extension, same with AppleACPIPlatform.kext (but I left the files  also in the CLover 10.10 Folder.

After the replacement of the Files, I attached the SSD vua USB to my MacBookPro booted the Yosemite Install ans repaired the rights of the Extensions Folder and rebuilded the Cache.

On the next day I switched the SSD back to the GA Mobo and I never thinked, that the OS would boot, but oh my God, it booted, and its running (until now ;))

The GF970 and the Sound I got also running (Webdriver and VoodooHDA, the Patch Version which I used under Mavericks did not work).

I think, what I have done, was removing the SSDT from the Clover ACPI/Patched Folder, replaced the IOPCIFamiliy.kext in System/Library/Extension, same with AppleACPIPlatform.kext (but I left the files also in the CLover 10.10 Folder.

After the replacement of the Files, I attached the SSD vua USB to my MacBookPro booted the Yosemite Install ans repaired the rights of the Extensions Folder and rebuilded the Cache.

On the next day I switched the SSD back to the GA Mobo and I never thinked, that the OS would boot, but oh my God, it booted, and its running (until now ;))

The GF970 and the Sound I got also running (Webdriver and VoodooHDA, the Patch Version which I used under Mavericks did not work).

had you cleared the kernel cache before? Because that's crucial for getting the kext rollback to work. Otherwise it will just continue to use the normal versions that are cached.

I think, what I have done, was removing the SSDT from the Clover ACPI/Patched Folder, replaced the IOPCIFamiliy.kext in System/Library/Extension, same with AppleACPIPlatform.kext (but I left the files also in the CLover 10.10 Folder.

had you cleared the kernel cache before? Because that's crucial for getting the kext rollback to work. Otherwise it will just continue to use the normal versions that are cached.

So today my 5960x hack won't boot. I get to background image with mouse pointer and then instant reboot.

Booting with -s tells me that I am again stuck on PCI Configuration Begin  :frantics:

For those who don't know, I have been running my 5960x hack since October last year, without issues.

I am clueless to what happened. I did not touch any OS updates or anything yesterday. Maybe I downloaded an App Store app.

BIOS are still intact. So are Clover and bootloader args. No new hardware is connected to the computer.

I don't know, this is just so out of the blue. Just sharing my frustration. I have to say I can not recommend 5960x for Hackintosh. 

So today my 5960x hack won't boot. I get to background image with mouse pointer and then instant reboot.

Booting with -s tells me that I am again stuck on PCI Configuration Begin  :frantics:

For those who don't know, I have been running my 5960x hack since October last year, without issues.

I am clueless to what happened. I did not touch any OS updates or anything yesterday. Maybe I downloaded an App Store app.

BIOS are still intact. So are Clover and bootloader args. No new hardware is connected to the computer.

I don't know, this is just so out of the blue. Just sharing my frustration. I have to say I can not recommend 5960x for Hackintosh. 

I would not say much as to not recommend the 5960x for hackintosh. I would say that who has a 5960x processor should not use OS X Yosemite.

Yeah, I'll probably switch to Mavericks just to get a stable machine. Any guide you would recommend?

The kexts and kernel patches are the same, so it should be basically the same as the Yosemite installation. BTW - have you tried booting the drive from a different computer and clearing the kernel cache? And I'm assuming you don't have automatic updates on right? The only reason I could see for this happening is if the old kexts are somehow being used again... Very random indeed.

By chance, do you have a recent backup you can recover from?

For what it's worth, I am running a 5960x and had a ton of problems getting Yosemite working. Always stuck on PCI Configuration begins. I switched over to Mavericks, and my system has been 100% rock solid since. I don't miss any Yosemite features, and I can always count on my system to boot and run. I am running a GA-X99-UD4 system with a 512G SSD and two 290X video cards. Very fast and stable.

Sorry to hear of your Yosemite woes...

So I looked at my logs and I downloaded an App Store app (Blackmagic Speed Test) around 18.00 and shut down the computer 2 hours later. Next day it does not boot.

I hardly think a sandboxed app can mess with the system, so it must be something to do with using the Mac App Store that broke my install.

None of the extensions have been altered....

Yeah, I'll probably switch to Mavericks just to get a stable machine. Any guide you would recommend?

For mavericks 10.9.5 the only thing what you need is the voodootsc and the kernel patch the acpi and pci kext not need to change for this version.

• Like 1

Mavericks is quite easy on these.

You definitely did not grab any security updates from Apple lately? They may not have been even during the last startup, but perhaps a few before and never made to caches. Anyway, it is worth re-patching the kernel, re-installing ACPIPlatform & IOPCIFamily, and deleting kernelcache.

Does anyone know why exactly rolling back those two kexts is necessary? Is that something we could move to patching via Clover instead of rollback?

Mavericks is quite easy on these.

You definitely did not grab any security updates from Apple lately? They may not have been even during the last startup, but perhaps a few before and never made to caches. Anyway, it is worth re-patching the kernel, re-installing ACPIPlatform & IOPCIFamily, and deleting kernelcache.

Does anyone know why exactly rolling back those two kexts is necessary? Is that something we could move to patching via Clover instead of rollback?

I'm not entirely sure what's causing it with the vanilla Yosemite kexts, if you look a few pages back you can see i did a bit of research into it but I'm not a coder so I don't really what I'm doing. Once we figure out what needs to be changed we could probably do a patch. The differences between the Yosemite and mavericks kexts are pretty big, so just autopatching all the differences in the kexts would require like 200 separate patches. If someone that knows how to code could look at what I posted it would be helpful, because although I think I have somewhat of a lead on what's wrong, I still don't know how to fix it.

I have a few thoughts on the USB 3.0 making VMs run slow issue. We know that it is due to excessive interrupts on XHCI... Similarly, people have been getting PCIe bus errors in both Windows and Linux on X99 boards. In Linux you can work around this by disabling msi. I remember reading in the Mavericks AMD kernel thread someone had made a modified kext that had an option to disable msi. Perhaps it would be possible to use a similar kext or even patch the AppleUSBXHCI kext to do the same thing. We probably don't want to disable msi globally though, only on XHCI.