Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

Ok

I exactly did the procedure line after line.

Now i have a definitly black screen even with my natively supported gtx 680 :(

i can't boot at all on mac os :(

that's not the exact thing : i can boot but i don't see the screen.

Edit:

I booted on the RECOVERY part of my macos HD then i reinstalled yosemite.

Now i'm on 10.10.5 (build 14F27) with the working webdriver and i won't touch that or update anything until a fully working patch from nvidia.

Thanx for the help.

You should have tried nv_disable=1 to boot without acceleration then repaired permissions on the whole disk before doing a fresh install. But, yes it's always wiser to wait for the official release.

Well then someone please clarify if the kext is easily transferable or everyone has to do the patching by themselves, if not i'll delete my link to prevent confusion.

Maybe it differs for every card model or smbios.

No it's not. The patch is the same for everyone. It only concerns the build number of OS X, not the hardware. That's the only thing people should care about before installing your kext.

That said, I think people should learn by themselves how to do it because you won't be here for every new release, will you :P ?. Needless to say that there's already everything they need here to do this very easily :whistle:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bluesilence,

I did this to fix the issue - found here - http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/security-update-2015-003-breaks-nvidia-web-driver-again.159885/

FIX

Using Terminal enter the following:

sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Then change the line

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14F1909</string>

to

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>
14F1912</string>

Press ESC then ":wq!" to save the changes and exit

Then enter the following two commands. Hit enter after each one

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Reboot.

After you reboot you should be able to go into System Preferences -> Nvidia Driver Manager and is should say ( Up to date ) next to the driver. You will have to then go to the Graphics Drivers tab and toggle it back to use the Nvidia Web Driver. It will ask you to reboot and you should be back to normal.

Please note I did all this through Screen Sharing from another Mac.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanx Hareron it's work.

But i got a really bad problem after the first reboot, my SSD drive boot was destroy. I had to restart in CMD+R mode then enter anothers command line to get it back to boot:)

to avoid this problem i should have to simply disable the TRIM!! i forgot that:)

Thanx

it's in french but easy to understand (the important things are the commande line)

1. 1. Démarrer sur la partition de restauration d'OS X en pressant les touches Commande + R
  2. 2. Ouvrez le Terminal
  3. 3. Tapez cette commande : nvram boot-args. Si la réponse est « kext-dev-mode=1 », vous pouvez sauter à l'étape 6, sinon continuez dans l'ordre
  4. 4. Tapez cette commande : nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1
  5. 5. Redémarrez sur la partition de restauration encore une fois
  6. 6. Ouvrez le Terminal et tapez ces commandes en remplaçant "XXX" par le nom de votre partition (les guillemets doivent être présents) :
    • cd "/Volumes/XXX"
    • touch System/Library/Extensions
    • kextcache -prelinked-kernel System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K System/Library/Kernels/kernel System/Library/Extensions
  7. 7. Attendez jusqu'à ce que l'opération se termine (5 à 10 minutes) et redémarrez.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...