Xeon Mac Pro 3.1

luki1979

58 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hello Luki1979, could you please share the dsdt and the clover cofig, I have the same cpu (E5472) with EP45-DS3L, but I have problem on booting into MAC OSX, while if I change the cpu to E2160, no issue.

Ps. I add voodoo tsc which posted in this topic.

• 1 year later...

Boot flag "tscsync" is obligatory, must have it? If I have use other boot option npci=0x200 and VoodooTSCSync.kext with IOCPUNumber = 3.  I have cpu xeon E5410 (4 core & 4 threads). I edit VoodooTSCSync.kext/Contents/Info.plist, change the value of IOCPUNumber to x (x=CPU threads-1).

• 4 months later...

Xeon E5472 arrived ! Good news it runs 20° cooler than X5472. Bad news is that it's still needs voodoo tscsync to use 4 cores. I found it bizarre as it was pulled from MacPro 3,1. I guess FakeSMC coders never expected to somebody using CPU's from real Macs. Anyway I'm happy with it as E5472 is only 80W. Cpu fan is nearly silent now. 

Have you still got the E5472?  I just put together my 771 to 775 mod on Gigabyte GA P35-DS3L running sierra, but I'm experiencing some issues with sound where the sound stutters a lot. I wonder if it's because I'm not using the tscsync kext.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.