OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Officially Released

yokonunz

64 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Any problems with HD 7950?

Edit: Worked GREAT! Updated from 10.9.0

Last time I tried the update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 and it crashed. Now it works great

Z68X-UD4-B3 , i5 2500k , HD 7950 . System shows as a Mac Pro 2008.

Prob: Since 10.9.4 final , not the dev builds before my Nvidia 640 GT runs always full speed (fans running much).

I will try to use the new Nvidia Drivers. Never had that prob before.

Slice I use this patch and works for me;

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>TRIM function for non-Apple SSDs</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
			</dict>

Thanks, it's more exact.

Sorry Slice, I don't know if my patch is correct, is from Clover Wiki http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches but I read that with 10.9.4 there are some problems, I read Trim = Yes but is work well? Is the same patch of 10.9.3-2-1...? All trim program have problems, from Chameleon SSD:

"OSX 10.9.4 Support

Apple has changed the kext for managing disks and trim, the current version of Chameleon SSD Optimizer fails to recognize and enable the TRIM for non-apple disks.
I made a temporary beta it will work with osx 10.9.4, available until it is released the final version and it can be downloadedHERE
Attention, currently has only been tested on 10.9.4 use it with knowledge of the facts"

This is the new trim patch for 10.9.4:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(^\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

I don't know anything about perl scripts so I don't know how to convert it to base64 format for Clover. I found this here: https://gist.github.com/return1/4058659

• Like 1

It looks like the Clover patch is immune to the 10.9.4 update. I just updated my X202E and according to System Profiler I still have TRIM support. I don't know why other utilities and scripts have to be different for 10.9.4 because I don't know how they work. All the Clover patch does is search for 41 50 50 4c 45 20 53 53 44 00 in the binary (which is "Apple SSD") and replace it with zeros.

This is the new trim patch for 10.9.4:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(^\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

I don't know anything about perl scripts so I don't know how to convert it to base64 format for Clover. I found this here: https://gist.github.com/return1/4058659

I took the kext from my 10.9.4 and made this perl patch... I take my hat off looking at this patch who create it.

But this patch do the same thing as old one. So Clover's search/replace remains the same.

• Like 1

I need to get the P5Q-E (EP45/ICH10R) /Core 2 Duo E8500/GTX 460 going again :yes:

Too bad no one currently using that PC would actually boot into OS X ever lol

I was just using that hardware a week ago.. >_>   :P

Happy to say my new build is just as stable and easy as the last

• Like 1

I have read that many people did not have issues with the 10.9.4 update.
Me on the other-hand, couple of major problems.

Issues:
1. Shutdown/Reboot no longer worked. Computer would try to shutdown, monitor would go into power-saving but the computer would stay on.
2. Any USB device I would plug into my USB3 ports would make my computer crash. The computer would just hang unresponsive.

Troubleshooting:

Updated NVIDIA drivers - No resolution.

System:
MB: GA-P55-UD6
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 650TI Boost
USB3: Orico PVU3-202I with native OSX support

I ended up restoring my computer to my last 10.9.3 backup which was right before the 10.9.4 update.

I have found the culprit.

It is related to the new NVIDIA drivers.

Going to check if it has to do with the NVIDIA drivers or the CUDA drivers.

Results:

NVIDIA drivers causing restart issues.
CUDA drivers causing USB3 and shutdown issues.

Reverted to OSX default drivers and everything is fine.

Any ideas?

Hi, 

I had a perfect Hackintosh dual boot (OS X and W8) with Clover UEFI.

Everything was working perfectly (Wifi with 5Ghz, Bluethooth, Audio, etc).

So today I applied the 10.9.4 update knowing that the only issue would be the HDMI sound  (worked fine but I used my speakers). 

Now, every time I boot into system I got this screen for about 10 seconds and then everything goes OK.

I think that its a CLOVER problem because I didn't change config.plist in clover after update. If I disable Inject Intel on CLOVER the system boots fine  with QE/CI acceleration enabled too.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

By the way this is my CLOVER config.plist and also uploaded boot.log.

The version of CLOVER is 2747

My specs are:

GA-Z87N-WIFI

Intel Haswell i5 4750

Azurewave AW-CE123 (changed the original that came with MB)

Samsung SDD 840EVO

WD 2TB

8GB RAM

27" Philips Monitor

bootlog.log.txt

post-478392-0-60443700-1404671638_thumb.jpg

config.plist.zip

May be here something can be changed?

/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDEventDriverSafeBoot.kext/Contents/Info.plist