R9 and R7 support in 10.10 (Finally)

Grzesiek13

77 posts in this topic

Got my Sapphire R7 260X 2gb working working under yosemite. The trick was to add my device-id into AMD8000Controller.kext and under Bonaire section od AMDRadeonX4000.kext

I was surprised to have full ci/qe after reboot.

PS: I had to switch from ozmosis to Clover because (in my system) ozmosis + amd card = black screen after bios post. 

PS2: It seems that hdmi audio is not working. Maybe I had to patch my dsdt...

• Like 2

Anyone have a R9 290X working on the GM version of Yosemite with Dual Monitor support?  Its the only thing im not able to get working, the moment I plug in another monitor both screens go black.

I have a basic clover config and everything else is working great!

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to patch my frame buffer but without success.  I have full ci/qe and am able to 3D games at high framerate but only after unplugging and replugging my monitor?

At boot I get a screen flicker until I do this.  Once this is done everything operates perfectly.  Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Sapphire R7 260X 2gb working working under yosemite. The trick was to add my device-id into AMD8000Controller.kext and under Bonaire section od AMDRadeonX4000.kext

PS: I had to switch from ozmosis to Clover because (in my system) ozmosis + amd card = black screen after bios post. 

Can you please tell me where is exactly the Bonaire section of AMDRadeonX4000.kext?? Is it the first one where device IDs are shown? 

Anyways I tried to add my device ID to all of the sections of AMDRadeonX4000.kext. It showed me a grey screen + my mouse was working and as I saw from the mouse, it was not lagging and I think the resolution was correct too. 

Does anyone have a solution for that? 

My card is: Amd Radeon R7 260x 1GB GDDR5 TurboDuo Powercolor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

can you show me the way that can do this

i have same problem with R7 260X and there is no clear guide for kext injection or DSDT for this card

• Like 1

can you show me the way that can do this

i have same problem with R7 260X and there is no clear guide for kext injection or DSDT for this card

You have two choices :

1. Add your device-Id into the two kext I said

2. Inject a fake-id with clover. (You could look into the Bonaire section of AMDRadeonX4000.kext and use one of them)

I suggest the second.

Right now I have my system down due to a fault hdd. If I could find my clover config, I'll post the fake-id I used.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that using this fake id with clover gives a full working qe/ci with my shappire r7 260x

Not working for me. Tried in clover with 0x66401002 in FakeID and 0x665C1002 as ig-platform-id... Enabled Inject ATI and without it. Same result: Monitor flickers at start-up on both Dvi-d and Dvi-i connectors.

So still using the HD4600 iGPU for boot. Is it possible for you to chare your clover config?

I'm in the midst of a new hackintosh WS build with AsRock Rack C226WS, i7-4770, 4x 8GB UDIMMs, and ATI 7790 so any help is greatly appreciated

BTW forgot to mention that using a single monitor with the Asus 7790 2GB... and tried it on both Dvi-d and Dvi-i connectors with the same results. Choosing iGPU as default in the BIOS and booting Yosemite from the iGPU connected to the VGA connector of the same monitor solves the issue, but i really prefer disabling the iGPU and using the 7790 alone.

@Slice - Why something wrong?

OP:

Grzesiek13

AMD8000Controller 

0x67B01002 - R9 290X

0x665C1002 - HD 7790

0x665D1002 - Radeon R7 200 (Bonaire)

0x66511002

0x66501002

0x66461002

0x66411002

0x66401002

0x46001002

FYI tried the following combinations in Clover:

1) iGPU disabled, no injections IDs whatsover under Graphics for the 7790 in the clover config = Screen starts flickering, unplug and re-plug the DVI cable, problem solved.

2) iGPU disabled, 0x665C1002 as the Fake ID, no injections, IDs whatsover under Graphics = Screen starts flickering, unplug and re-plug the DVI cable, problem solved.

3) iGPU disabled, 0x66401002 as the Fake ID, no injections, IDs whatsover under Graphics = Screen starts flickering, unplug and re-plug the DVI cable, problem solved.

4) iGPU disabled, 0x66401002 or 0x665C1002 as the Fake ID, and the other one as ig-platform-id, no injections or ATI injection under Graphics = Screen starts flickering, unplug and re-plug the DVI cable, problem solved.

If the iGPU is enabled and set as the boot device then the 7790 works just fine.

With the iGPU enabled scenario above though I noticed something strange found the following IDs in the config.plist via the plist editor... Clover injects the following IDs by itself if the ig-platform-id is left blank?

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0D220003
0x67981002
0x679A1002 </string> 

7970 IDs? So that's why I didn't want to leave it blank... 

@ every restart after making any changes I'm booting Clover without cache option.

Any suggestions, recommendations ?

I can confirm that using this fake id with clover gives a full working qe/ci with my shappire r7 260x

Salvatore your Sapphire r7 260x comes with UEFI GOP right?

ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II doesn't come with UEFI GOP vbios... I cannot disable CSM in the BIOS with it... so maybe that's the problem right there... 

UEFI BIOS is not a problem. It may help to get native resolution in Clover GUI but OSX may work without.

ig-platform-id is for Intel Graphics. Forget it!

Your way is FakeID

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<string>0x66401002</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LoadVBios</key>
		<true/>
		<key>VRAM</key>
		<integer>1024</integer>
		<key>VideoPorts</key>
		<integer>3</integer>
	</dict>

UEFI BIOS is not a problem. It may help to get native resolution in Clover GUI but OSX may work without.

ig-platform-id is for Intel Graphics. Forget it!

Your way is FakeID

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<string>0x66401002</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LoadVBios</key>
		<true/>
		<key>VRAM</key>
		<integer>2048</integer>
		<key>VideoPorts</key>
		<integer>4</integer>
	</dict>

Oh didn't know that ig-platform-id is for Intel iGPU only... Thanks Slice but this didn't help either... The screen goes black ... Tried this with 0x665C1002 as Fake ID as well.

If ATI injection is disabled same behaviour as before, screen starts blinking...

BTW do I need FakePCIID kext in clover kexts folder ? or anything special ?

Set

<key>FBName</key>
		<string>Futomaki</string>

Clover is correctly placing FBName=Futomaki

I couldn't get rid of the Dvi flickering issue so far.

Dvi only works with unplug /re-plug cable or via Dvi to VGA adapter ... or enabling the iGPU and setting it as the first boot device

Using Dvi to VGA adapter works OOB...  Res limited to 1280 x 1024 though... VGA is connected to a KVM switch, so thought that was the problem but apparently not... 'cause connecting the monitor directly to the VGA adapter didn't solve the issue...

So what's the verdict tovarisch ? Is there a way to make the Dvi connectors work or not?

Make full DarwinDumper report, without main BIOS, and make it private.

I will to look inside. For my mind you do something wrong because this card must work the way I show you.

Slice made a full DarwinDumper report just like you asked. Sent you a PM with the dropbox link to the full report.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciated

But I see no you did my recommendations

DsdtFixMask=0x00000000 

ATI injection not set

Don't wonder that ATI graphics is not working.

Figured out what the problem was. Connecting Dvi monitors both to the ATI 7790 & HD4600 solves the problem.

Hope this helps someone else too

OK the problem is that Yosemite doesn't like the HD4600 via VGA, and in fact the HD4600 drivers come with VGA disabled mode. So lesson learned, don't even bother trying to make the HD4600 work without a digital connector... it just doesn't work fully... On the other hand it works just fine with HDMI, DVI or Digital Display...

The ATI 7790 can work with a Dvi-i to VGA adapter as a standalone GPU but apparently not with all monitors. ie it didn't like my Samsung Syncmaster connected with a Dvi to VGA adapter, but works fine with a Dell or Philips brand monitor.

I'm sure with advanced patching and injection experts can make the 7790 work via Dvi to VGA adapter with the Samsung Syncmaster too though. 

I'm planning to purchase a Dell IPS screen soon. So for now disabled the HD4600 and installed a 5770 that's been sitting on the shelf for a while. 7790 & 5770 works OOB with the monitors that i currently have.