OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 to dev

178 posts in this topic

CPU temps are back to normal (13D33) -> however, speedstep is still somewhat borked. CPU (like before, with other 10.9.3.x versions) seems to hover at 3.xGHz far too easily. Occasionally going back down to 1.6GHz like it should. BUT - at least system temps are now 10C lower than they were in the last iteration of 10.9.3xx

using preview for images still clocks up GPU to max until reboot.

e7yatfi.png

To start you are using the wrong smbios with your CPU so you need to change it to the appropriate smbios or else you will never get anywhere trying to fix your issues.

To start you are using the wrong smbios with your CPU so you need to change it to the appropriate smbios or else you will never get anywhere trying to fix your issues.

It's true, I should have been using the MacPro 5,1 smbios. 

edit: Yep, much, much better power management. 

Did anyone notice any NVidia Maxwell support in the new builds, maybe? I've ordered myself a new GTX750Ti and only then I figured it out it's actually still not supported by Mac OS X.. 

• Like 1

Rampage, how I know which is my appropriate SMBIOS? With the processor, motherboard? This is my configuration:

Ga z87 ud5h 

i7 4770k

16 gb ram gskill trident 2400 mhz

gigabyte nvidia 770 4 GB

ssd vertex 4

Rampage, how I know which is my appropriate SMBIOS? With the processor, motherboard? This is my configuration:

Ga z87 ud5h 

i7 4770k

16 gb ram gskill trident 2400 mhz

gigabyte nvidia 770 4 GB

ssd vertex 4

Latest iMac... iMac 14,2 to be exact. 

That other user still has it wrong. lol. 

• Like 2

Did anyone notice any NVidia Maxwell support in the new builds, maybe? I've ordered myself a new GTX750Ti and only then I figured it out it's actually still not supported by Mac OS X.. 

Very interested in this as well.  Using HD4600 on my new Haswell hack and would love to get a Maxwell card instead of a Kepler card.

Latest iMac... iMac 14,2 to be exact. 

That other user still has it wrong. lol. 

The latest iMac model is the iMac14,3/Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301 with the Intel i7-4771 processor, but whatever model people use... it all comes down to using the correct data (not SMBIOS data) so the can even use MacPro6,1/Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 and still have everything functional as long as they inject the correct data (like adding the missing FrequencyVectors in the MacF60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist for Haswell Processors).

• Like 2

Update went smooth and everything works nice except that damn sound.

I stopped using my hack because of all the sound glitches im getting.And i have tried everything.

Different browser - flash plug in - smbios (imac14.2 atm) i have also tried different versions of applehda and different ways to inject my sound.

It still sucks. If there is anyone who can help me on that matter i would be greatful and i cant be using the black jack since im multibooting with windows 7.

The latest iMac model is the iMac14,3/Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301 with the Intel i7-4771 processor, but whatever model people use... it all comes down to using the correct data (not SMBIOS data) so the can even use MacPro6,1/Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 and still have everything functional as long as they inject the correct data (like adding the missing FrequencyVectors in the MacF60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist for Haswell Processors).

Hi, can you explain me how can apply the  missing FrequencyVectors in the MacF60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist,

thanks!

Ty in advance :) Btw I think I done well but will w8 your script, who knows maybe I miss something. I edit IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext with Plist editor. Just copy/paste vectors from iMac14.2 to MacPro6.1. Only FrequencyVectors nothing more...

Yeah thats it but after every update you will have to do the same thing again.

So if you dont really need MacPro6.1 use iMac14.2..

Hey Pike how is the onboard sound on your haswell system? (im assuming you got one)

Ty in advance :) Btw I think I done well but will w8 your script, who knows maybe I miss something. I edit IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext with Plist editor. Just copy/paste vectors from iMac14.2 to MacPro6.1. Only FrequencyVectors nothing more...

Hi Medussa,

- Can you explain what you did exactly, I will see if I can do the same. 

- Wich is the advantage to do this?

Thanks!

You need to edit .plist in IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext and here is steps :)

>show package contents > Contents > Plugins > X86PlatformPlugin.kext > show package contents >
> Contents > Resources > Open iMac14,3/Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301.plist and MacF60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist
> Copy FrequencyVectors from iMacXXX to MacProXXX and save.

This is example and you need to use Plistedit Pro.

• Like 2

Sorry. I apparently lost the script, or I am blind, but I have one up (version 0.6) for download/try-out right now. You should see something like this:

freqVectorsEdit.sh v0.6 Copyright © 2013-10244 by Pike R. Alpha.
------------------------------------------------------------------

gBoardID: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6
gModelID: MacPro6,1

Available resource files (plists) with FrequencyVectors:

[1] - Mac-031B6874CF7F642A.plist / iMac14,1
 [2] - Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC.plist / MacBookPro11,1
 [3] - Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.plist / iMac14,2
 [4] - Mac-2BD1B31983FE1663.plist / MacBookPro11,3
 [5] - Mac-35C1E88140C3E6CF.plist / MacBookAir6,1
 [6] - Mac-3CBD00234E554E41.plist / MacBookPro11,2
 [7] - Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301.plist / iMac14,3
 [8] - Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5.plist / MacBookAir6,2
 [9] - Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist / MacPro6,1

Please choose the desired plist for your hardware [1-9]:

Will touch /S*/L*/Extensions and ask to reboot.

Version 0.7 will automatically download and install PlistBuddy – for people without Xcode/Developer tools installed.
  • Like 2

i don't think MacPro6,1 supports haswell

That is exactly why we add the missing 'FrequencyVectors' to Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist. Works fine here, since the official release of the new Mac Pro. I also blogged about this four months ago: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/12/20/macpro61-smbios-data/

"Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist does not include FrequencyVectors data, but that appears to be required for Haswell processors. Using Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5.plist, or any of the other plist with FrequencyVectors data solved this problem."

yeah you just got me a little confused cause in your script you say:

Known board-id:model combos of configurations with a Haswell processor. :) 

Anyways im gonna ask you again piker since i dont think you saw it before.

How is your onboard sound on your haswell hack (if you got one)