ATI HD5450 on 10.9.2 missing AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext?

ejblom

53 posts in this topic

hey i used the old kexts provided and my video worked great, But after a while i got a weird video glitch the whole screen was pink/green with little squares all over. i could still see the desktop it looked like the dvi cable was loose but it wasn't any ideas?

• 5 months later...

I am using the same kext that i used for 10.9.4 (where i added my card id).  I booted with -v -x , went to /System/Library/Extensions and rm -rf the kexts files. Then i used Kext Wizard to fix permissions/caches, rebooted and then use Kext Wizard to install the kexts again ...no dice.

You shouldn't do that cause you're using old kexts at every update which in the end can be source of issues. The best way is always to edit the new kexts like you're used too and of course fix permissions and rebuild kextcache.

That said, using 10.9.4 kexts should works.

Put your edited 10.9.4 kexts in S/L/E (you'll get some warnings but ignore them)

Open a terminal window and type

cd /System/Library/Extensions

Then :

sudo chmod -R 755 AMD5000Controller.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AMDRadeonX3000.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel AMD5000Controller.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel AMDRadeonX3000.kext

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

You can also delete everything in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/

then reboot

That's pretty much what i did, except i used Kext Wizard for the install part, interestingly enough the system always panics on AMDRadeonX3000.  Someone recommended that i do not re-use my 10.9.4 kext and instead take AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions,  copy them to my desktop, add my card id back to the config and re-install them.  I guess it's possible something did change in the new kext files and i just need to add my card id.  The problem now is that i don't have the original kext files anymore, will need to get them from another 10.9.5 hackintosh or get them from my Mac.   Thank you for your help

Thank you so much, interestingly enough is that i looked at these files before and after upgrade to 10.9.5 and their modify date did not change (Sep 20, 2013).  I am still puzzled why my 10.9.4 kexts did not work then. We'll try to modify your kexts and install them.

Version that you gave me is 1.24.38 and version that i have on my other Hackintosh that has been upgraded to 10.9.5 is the same (both AMDRadeonX3000 and AMD5000Controller.kext).  That makes me concerned that i may not see any difference and continue to have kernel panic. We'll see on Monday when i have access to that machine.

Any pictures of this KP ?

If you don't edit kexts, do you still have one ?

Seems like some other kext(s) could be responsibles for that KP because there's no reason why it acts like that. I'll do a test on one of my others Hackintoshes that's not using DSDT edits but vendor/id editing to check this out…

I've just checked my Hack and I edited the kexts as usual. It's OK.

Your problem is elsewhere I think. Could you send me an IOReg and a fresh extracted DSDT ?

I'll try to patch it and we'll see what happens… (assuming you're not using any DSDT for the time being).

If you do so, boot without any DSDT in your Extra Folder or at the root of your drive. To be sure, boot with bootflag DSDT=No

no dice, keep getting ether this panic or the video never loads at all.  The only way to get back in is to boot using  GraphicsEnabler=no. My card is a 0x68f9, i am not using DSDT.  Did you say you upgraded yours to 10.9.5 ? Can you post your modified kexts, do i also need to install updated AMDRadeonX3000GLDrivers.bundle, AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle, AMDFramebuffer.kext, AMDSupport.kext.

If i do need those as well can you post them as well. Greatly appreciated.

I think that you have a problem with your AMD kexts. Did you modified others AMD kexts or are you mixing 10.9.4 versions with 10.9.5 ones ?

Here's the patched Radeon Kexts with 0x68F91002 vendor/id plus untouched versions of others AMD kexts :

To make it clear :

• The only kexts you have to patch are : AMDRadeonX3000.kext and AMD5000Controller.kext.

• You just have to ADD your ids. You can leave existing ids where they are.

• For AMDRadeonX3000.kext the personnality to edit is Cedar. Don't edit other personnalities !

• Others kexts musn't be edited in any way.

BTW : with patched kexts, you shouldn't need GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No and ATIConfig=Eulemur anymore. You can safely boot without them.

AMD_Radeon_HD_5450_patched.zip

• Like 1

I owe you a beer  :)

I think i got myself in trouble by deleting all the other AMD kext files and then re-installing them from 10.9.4.  So once again i went to /S/L/E and deleted the 6 kexts (rm -rf), then fixed permissions/caches, then installed all 6 from the zip file you provided and once again fixed permission/caches and reboot.  Working like a champ.

Thank you SO MUCH !!!