White screen at Mavericks installer

garnerlogan65

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I recently remade my USB drive with myHack, replaced the kernel with an Ivy-E compatible one, and ran myFix to ensure everything was in order, and after entering -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No, I get a white screen with a cursor.

Here are my specs:

• Intel Core i7 4960x
  • 64gb corsair vengeance RAM
  • Asus Rampage IV Extreme
  • 3 GTX 780s (2 disabled by way of PCI switches on the board)
  • 512GB SSD
  • 2 2tb Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Everyone with the same motherboard as me says to use -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No, and i still get a white screen, even in safe mode. It doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas?

One sec.... wait I can't with just -v because a have an Nvidia GPU, so i'll try -v GraphicsEnabler=No, i'll let you know what happens.

I'm stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin], and now it looks like my monitor went black, that's why I have to use npci=0x2000.
Also, when I boot with -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No, it says NVDAStartup and NVDAGK110HAL right before it white screens should I remove Nvidia .Keats from the S/L/E folder on the USB?

Problem, I can't do SkipNvidiaGfx, because my processor doesn't have integrated graphics since it's an extreme edition. So I think I'll try deleting those kexts, why should I change the output? I don't think it'll matter since all active outputs are on the same card...