Laptop - Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p - 10.9 - Mavericks

useletters

332 posts in this topic

Assuming I've made clones of my running install, what should I do to make my components work? Specially the HD4600 with QE/CI and my Audio..? Please link me to a guide which I can do step by step.. I am patient alright, been trying to hackintosh my laptop since say one. :hehe

As first step I suggest to try to switch to the SMBios ot MBP Pro 8,3 on a clone. I have read something, that it is giving the best results (If I am right, Rehabman is using it too on his i7 4700mq for now)

If you can boot with this SMBios, reinstall the AppleIntel gfx kexts, if you have removed them. Fine would be, if you can boot with them installed at least in save mode.

Now it is time to get your ethernet working. Copy the IONetworkingFamiliy.kext from S/L/E from your install over to your desktop and show it´s content. Navigate in the plugins folder and copy the attached Atheros....kext in it. Then reinstall the new IONetworkingFamily.kext by making a backup of the original kext and repair permissons.

My prefered Kext Utility is KextWizard with options for all my mentioned steps.

After adding the key:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

to org.ChameleonBoot.plist, reboot with flags -f -v to your install. Your ethernet should now work, and you should have access to the internet.

I suggest to use the Apple services like APPStore and so on for the first time, if your installation is fully working, if you want to use them.

I suggest that you make a folder on your desktop to copy in all your addtional kexts, which you trying to install. You should also mark their labels with an colour, to be easier able to find them after installing them in S/L/E. If they are working, change their label colour in your folder for your addional kexts, to sign them as working. From time to time you could also save this folder to your usb installer to have anytime, whatever is happening, copies of your special kexts.

If you are not using the newest Chameleon or Enoch Bootloader get one of them here from Downloads installed of in standard mode to the clone, on which you are working on.

Copy the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist from my Attachment to your extra folder and try to boot with adding the following flags at bootpromt:

IntelAzulFB=0 -f -v

Try one number after the other, starting with 0 - 15. If you are able to set the menue bar translucent and are able to play chess, you have found a for you for now working Platform-IG. If you have time, you could also try other values, to explore which of them are also working. If you can not get one of the keys working, add graphicsenabler=yes to your bootflags and try them all again.

After you have got a working Platform-IG, add the following key to your org.Chameleon.boot.plist, changing 0 with one of your working magic numbers.

<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
    <string>0</string>

If you can get the HD4600 only to work with graphicsenabler set to yes, add also this key:

<key>IGraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

A very importent thing is, that you have no Extensions folder or mkextfile in your Extra folder. If you have kexts sitting there, install them to S/L/E with your prefered kext utility and put them from Extra to trash before you repair permissons and rebuilt caches. You should reboot with flags -f -v. There must be no kexts in the Extra folder starting with 10 8.0 and up.

Please post your results. I hope you can make some effords.

Have fun.

Useletters.zip

Yes, SMBios MBP 8,3.

I can boot with,

1. -x -f -v

2. GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -f -v

3. GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=10 -x -f -v(but no translucent menu bar)

I can't boot with

1. GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 -x -f -v

I forgot how I was able to boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10

Thank you very much! Also if you can, teach me how exactly how I can do such stuffs. Anyway, I'll be starting from scratch, new install, and do it step by step again and keep a log about on what I do..

Attached is my ethernet NIC and wireless device properties using AIDA64..

If I understand correctly, my ethernet NIC's Vendor ID is 1969 and Device ID is 10A1

Regards.

ethernet & wireless.rar

Here's what I've done so far.

Fresh install as before, smbios MBP10,1, bootable with -x -f -v
1. No modification
1.a GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail
1.b GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail

2.a Removed Geforce and Nvdia Kext from S/L/E
2.a.1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail
2.a.2 GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail

2.b Removed Geforce and Nvdia Kext from S/L/E and cleared S/L/Caches/ on single mode every boot
2.b.1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail

2.b.2 GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail

3.a Removed Geforce and Nvdia Kext from S/L/E and using the Chameleon you've made but removed the EthernetBuiltIn

3.a.1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail
3.a.2 GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail

3.a.3 -f -v, no avail

3.a.4 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 -x -f -v, no avail

3.a.5 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -f -v, boot success as expected(safe mode)

3.b Removed IntelXXXGraphics, Geforce and Nvdia Kext from S/L/E and using the Chameleon you've made but removed the EthernetBuiltIn

3.b.1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, no avail
3.b.2 GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=10 -f -v, boot success but not translucent menu bar and chess is not playable

I'll install Ethernet, PS/2, Audio, etc. after enabling the graphics..

Thank you very much for helping and guiding me to this! I hope we get to a very good ends!

Again, Thank you!

I finally have a successful boot!

I've removed GeForce, nVidia, IntelXXXGraphics kext but not HD5000, used the Chamelon you've provided and booted with only GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12 -f -v

I did not have to boot with safe mode.

Now I'll try to reproduce this on a fresh install, if I succeed, I'll move on with Ethernet. I'll post a guide if my fresh install works.

Thank you! :D

Please guide me through all of the other components. Thank you.

SystemProfiler & screenshot.zip

Hi! This is my first successful hackintosh laptop. So please don't be too harsh on your comments or anything.

Anyway, here's The GUIDE Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P - OSx 10.9 Mavericks - please pin this or whatever.

DISCLAIMER - The following steps worked for my system, I'm not in anyway liable in any lost of your data in using this step.

CONTINUE ON YOUR OWN RISK

First and for most,

My system is:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P

Intel I7-4700MQ

Intel HD4600 integrated graphics

2x GT750m 2gb (not yet working for hackintosh)

Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Elan Touchpad

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (this obviously won't work, I have to change this really soon)

Lenovo EasyCamera

Assuming you know the basic of hackintoshing and you have Mavericks 10.9 with latest myHack and Chameleon bootloader r2266 in a thumb drive/DVD/media.

1. Download the attached files. (CREDITS TO THE OWNERS! I DON'T OWN ANY OF THIS)

2. Remove extra GPU from Ultrabay

3. Change BIOS settings, set SATA to AHCI, set Boot to Legacy Support

4. Download mach_kernel from RehabMan's post about Haswell early reboot post (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/?p=1962889)

5. Replace myHack's mach_kernel with RehabMan's mach_kernel using terminal or whatever way you can.

6. Boot installation with -x -f -v

7. Finish the installation of Mavericks

8. Boot Mavericks HDD with single mode (-s -f -v) or boot with myHack and use terminal

9. Using vi/terminal replace the mach_kernel of the Mavericks HDD with mach_kernel from myhack installation(retain mach_kernel on myHack so you can use it in the future)

9.1(Optional) Change GraphicsMode on Chameleon.

10. Reboot then boot Mavericks HDD with -x -f -v

11. Remove GeForce, Nvidia, and IntelXXXGraphics (optional, remove other extra gfx) kexts BUT retain IntelHD5000Graphics kexts

12. Install SMBios of MacBookPro 10,1 (attached) on Extra

13. Use attached Chameleon.

14. Install attached, remove conflicting kext, IONetworkingFamily, VoodooHDA, AppleACPIPlatform, AppleSmartBatteryManager using your favorite Kext helper.

15. As per PS/2 mouse, you can see lots of guides in our forums or the other, I'm using v4 from here, http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/, though it still has glitches.

16. Reboot then use GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12 (0-15 choose your magic number) -f -v

AND YOU'RE DONE :D just repair your chameleon and other collaterals.

Working for now:

- QE/CI

- Integrated graphics only (HD4600)

- Audio

- Trackpad, few glitches

- Camera

- Ethernet LAN

- USB 3.0

- HDMI

- Battery status

- Bluetooth (I think it works, I can see bluetooth devices)

Not working:

- WiFi

- Discrete Graphics (GT750m)

- Sleep

- other collaterals I do not know of..

Thank you for everyone who supported me in this hack, specially styrian. :D

CREDITS TO THE OWNERS OF KEXT AND OTHER THINGS I'VE USED! I CLAIM NO CREDIT OR WHATSOEVER TO THEM.

I'll try to have my other components working.

Thank you.

files.zip

• Like 2

Congrats, you now have a semi working :happymac:  clone. :thumbsup_anim:

Let´s do some simple adjustments on your bluetooth device, to get it possibly naitive working hopefully without doing a rollback.

Copy over the IOBluetoothFamily.kext from S/L/E to your desktop, show it´s content, Plugins and in there the content of Broadcom.....kext. Open the info.plist with TextEdit and navigate to the first device entry.

Fire up your SystemProfiler and navigate there to your bluetoothdevice. In the list of it´s properties you can find VendorID and DeviceID as hex values. Note this values or keep systemprofiler open.

Now you have to convert the values form hex to integer. Fire up terminal and type in the following short commands:

let x="ID in hex"

echo $x

"Output as Integer ID "

Edit with your converted values the device entry of the  with TextEdit opened Info.plist wih your converted values, save the edits and install the IOBlue....kext back to S/L/E.

After rebooting with flags -f -v, you should now be able to switch bluetooth on or off within OSX.

If you don´t use a bluetooth keyboard (mouse) deactivate the autosearch at bootime for them, especially keyboard, in the advanced options of bluetooth preferences.

Please report back, if it´s working.

Are you able to boot without Nullcpupowermanagement.kext? If yes, does PM work with speedsteep?

For your touchpad Lenovo offers Synaptic/Elan drivers for Win.

Therefore you should try the voodoops2.kext of RehabMan. I have it running smoothly. Google for it. Follow his instructions on Github. Because of your device has no nub, remove the plugin for ps2mouse of it´s content before installing it.

Can you please get the app SystemInfo (mac) and post here the exported device and kext list?

Have fun.

• Like 1

Thanks! :D

Anyway, I've managed to edit IOBluetoothFamily but it came no avail. I can click the button to turn off Bluetooth but it doesn't turn off..

I also can't export device/kext using SystemInfo app. Though I have attached a screenshot of it, kext tab is empty.

The IOBluetoothFamily I used is also attached, my bluetooth's vendor ID is 0x8087 (32903) and product/device ID is 0x07DA (2010)

I have not tried VooDooPS2 yet and not removed NullCpu...kext, I'll try to do it now. I'll report back.

How do I check PM(Power Management) with SpeedSteep?

EDIT:

After installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext v1.8.8, using this How-to (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install) and following what you've said, removed PS2Mouse kext inside of VoodooPS2, my touchpad doesn't work..

EDIT 2:

I can boot without NullCpu...kext but I don't know how can I check PM with SpeedStep..

post-1199894-0-10159800-1384562475_thumb.png

IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip

Getting powermanagement working on vanilla install:

(I don't know, if it will work with any version of distro)

Needs:

1. PM patched Bios

If you are a bit brave and risk-orientated (I am not responsible for any demange or bricking of your lappy) with no need of further software patching PM on OSX, you can try to follow this instructions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/

or

PMpatched ACPI

2. SSDT.aml with setting the the chameleon option: DropSSDT=yes, and all other energy options set to deactivated.

You should do a rollback to kexts of 10 8.5 (in attachement). install the kexts, get smbios of MBP 8,3, reboot with it, generate a SSDT.aml file with the tool in the package, put nullcpupowermanagement.kext to trash, and reboot with flags -f -v. Now your PM should work on a vanilla install.

For your bluetooth you can also try a rollback to 10 8.5 and edit the info.plist from the attached kext in the before mentioned way, editing the first device or that one for the Microsoft one near the end of plist.

Have fun.

UseLetters.zip

I get KP with the kexts you gave.. :(

AppleACPIPlatform specifically(it's missing info.plist also)..

IOBluetoothFamily/Broadcom.. kext is missing info.plist..

ssdtRPGen app doesn't start..

Btw, I'm using a vanilla install with the guide from our forums.

Sorry has been my mistake. Package #post 44 updated with working kexts.

For the ssdt active inet is needed to update the script and install iasl. To open file try perhaps to times. First time with right click and open, because of not verified develeper.

Have fun.

How do I check if it's working? I've installed patched AICPM 10.8.5 and ACPI, removed NullCPU.. and I have ssdt_pr.aml (renamed to ssdt.aml) on my Extra folder, generated by ssdtPRGen.command. 

EDIT:

After reboot:

DPCIManager returns

P States: 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Bluetooth still not working.. I think it can't be done. As my WiFI is combo with Bluetooth...

P-States seem to be fine. Get HW-sensors and install it. During doing benchmarks like Cinebench look at HW monitor, if there are more then two steps for cpu, especially, if your cpu can get to the turbo states. During OpenGL test P-states should also change, between low and low turbo during preparation of test.

To get the states perfect working last some time. It´s a bit the same as with a brand new car. They must be retracted.

Bluetooth:

I know, that it should be the usual Lenovo Intel Wifi with Broadcom Bluetooth. This Bluetooth could be made working.

You should have a look, if Bluetooth is activated in Bios and set active in Win.

You could also try out for your battery, AcpiBatteryManager.kext here from Downloads. It normally works without DSDT.

Here you go for it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/92-acpibatterymanager/

Have fun.

Hi! This is my first successful hackintosh laptop. So please don't be too harsh on your comments or anything..."

Hey use letters, thanks but I still can't get it. I have the same laptop. What Mbeast settings did you use? Do you have a dsdt? I'm using mbeast instead of ihack after failing with that method. I can install mavs then put the mach_kernel in there, then run mbeast with easyb and tried several ways to install your kexts with no luck... Did you even use mbeast?