Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FrankOshe389

AMD FX + HD7xxx 10.8.3 Hackintosh Build?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,
I'm currently running a Windows 7 x64 PC with:

8GB DDR3 Ram

AMD FX 4170 GPU

AMD Radeon HD 7870 CPU

1TB HDD (Windows 7)

150GB HDD (Blank)

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Motherboard

I am aware that getting OSX on an AMD machine is not an easy task, but can it be done with my setup?

I am currently running OSX 10.8.3 in VMWare which is OK but lags a fair bit and lacks any kind of 3d acceleration and would like to be able to dual boot it natively alongside windows on the 150GB HDD.

Thanks smile.png

Advertisement

First of all test OS X on a different hdd, it will be easier to troubleshoot. Than go for dual boot because as you know AMD support is not good and that goes true even for their graphics card.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Coddyx
      Hi,

I followed the AMD OSX Vanilla Guide and managed to successfully build my first hackingtosh.
      Everything works great EXCEPT for my MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GAMING X.
      I ran some benchmarks (and tried World of Warcraft) and I am getting ~50% of the performance I am usually getting in Windows 10.
      Unigine Heaven reports ~950 vs 1750 in Windows and World of Warcraft runs @ 30 fps lowest settings vs 60 fps ultra settings in Windows.

Here are the kexts I am using:
      AppleALC Lilu NullCPUPowerManagement RealtekRTL811 VirtualSMC WhateverGreen  
      I should mention that this is an AMD hackingtosh running on Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor.

I read and I completely understand that I should not expect 100% performance. But I believe a 50% drop is out of the ordinary.

If anyone has ideas on what I could try to up the performance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• By dannymozzer_
      Hi,

I've been trying to install Mavericks 10.9, I know it's older now, but It's honestly the version I want to use, the specs of the PC are:
      Asus P8H61-MX USB3
      i3-3220
      8GB DDR3 Memory
      GTX 750 ti
      500GB HDD

I've been following this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/
      But, after booting, this is the error screen I get, any guidance on what Kexts, SMBios settings, etc. I need? I can tell I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks,
      Dan
    • By vlgngrbrdmn
      Hey all,

This is my first time posting to this forum.

Here is my problem: My main issue is random freezing of my display (i.e. cannot move my mouse) and nothing being displayed after my monitors go to sleep (i.e. lock my screen, wait a few minutes, try to move mouse/type on keyboard. My displays wake up but display "no signal"). I have to reboot in order to use my Hackintosh again.

Another issue that I am experiencing is that, every time I reboot my system and login initially, my right and left vertical displays do not display correctly until I turn one of them off and back on again. It is kind of hard to describe what is wrong, but basically the dimensions of the display and the orientation (horizontal vs. vertical) is wrong, and my mouse does not display in the correct place on the screen.

Either way, after some research it looks like this all may be due to my Framebuffer being incorrect. However, I am having a hard time trying to determine whether that is the case and, if so, how to fix it.

I did manually try to add a Framebuffer ("Kamarang") into my config.plist below, however that did not seem to make a difference.

Any help with this would be much appreciated! Also, please let me know if I should upload anymore information.

Currently, My setup consists of 1 Dell U3415w and 2 Dell 2415 monitors in an "H" configuration (both 2415s setup vertically on either side of the U3415W).

This is all being powered by a SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326) with each monitor plugged via a DisplayPort.

I am currently running the latest version of macOS Mojave, 10.14.4.

I am also using the latest version of the Clover boot loader (4920) with the following kexts located in kexts\Other:
      AppleALC.kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext Lilu.kext USBInjectAll.kext VegaTab_64.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext My config.plist file contains the following:
      ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>#DisableDrivers</key> <array> <string>CsmVideoDxe</string> <string>VBoxExt4</string> </array> <key>ACPI</key> <dict> <key>DSDT</key> <dict> <key>Fixes</key> <dict> <key>FixHPET</key> <true/> <key>FixIPIC</key> <true/> <key>FixRTC</key> <true/> <key>FixShutdown</key> <true/> <key>FixTMR</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Patches</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHCI to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDSQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHC1 to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDMQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change SAT0 to SATA</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> U0FUMA== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> U0FUQQ== </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>DropTables</key> <array> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>DMAR</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>MATS</string> </dict> </array> <key>FixHeaders</key> <true/> <key>SSDT</key> <dict> <key>Generate</key> <dict> <key>PluginType</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </dict> <key>Boot</key> <dict> <key>Arguments</key> <string>keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 shikigva=40</string> <key>DefaultVolume</key> <string>LastBootedVolume</string> <key>Timeout</key> <integer>5</integer> </dict> <key>BootGraphics</key> <dict> <key>#DefaultBackgroundColor</key> <string>0xF0F0F0</string> <key>EFILoginHiDPI</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>UIScale</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> <key>CPU</key> <dict> <key>#BusSpeedkHz</key> <integer>133330</integer> <key>#FrequencyMHz</key> <integer>3140</integer> <key>#HWPEnable</key> <true/> <key>#HWPValue</key> <string>0x30002a01</string> <key>#QPI</key> <integer>4800</integer> <key>#SavingMode</key> <integer>7</integer> <key>#TDP</key> <integer>95</integer> <key>#TurboDisable</key> <true/> <key>#Type</key> <string>0x0201</string> <key>#UseARTFrequency</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Devices</key> <dict> <key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>ResetHDA</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> AAASGQ== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AAAwAQ== </data> </dict> </dict> <key>USB</key> <dict> <key>FixOwnership</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>GUI</key> <dict> <key>Hide</key> <array> <string>PREBOOT</string> </array> <key>Scan</key> <dict> <key>Entries</key> <true/> <key>Linux</key> <true/> <key>Tool</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>FBName</key> <string>Kamarang</string> <key>Inject</key> <dict> <key>ATI</key> <false/> <key>Intel</key> <false/> <key>NVidia</key> <false/> </dict> <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <true/> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>KernelPm</key> <true/> <key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g710////EA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.12.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g710////Gw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (RehabMan)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g32IDw+DpwQAAA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.13.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g32ID5CQkJCQkA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (PMHeart)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4MDBQAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.0</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (Ricky)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4OPBAAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>External Icons Patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RXh0ZXJuYWw= </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> SW50ZXJuYWw= </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>RtVariables</key> <dict> <key>BooterConfig</key> <string>0x28</string> <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> <string>0x67</string> <key>MLB</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ROM</key> <string>UseMacAddr0</string> </dict> <key>SMBIOS</key> <dict> <key>BoardSerialNumber</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ProductName</key> <string>iMac17,1</string> <key>SerialNumber</key> <string>C02R2HZDGG7L</string> <key>SmUUID</key> <string>91E0E343-A938-4117-BBC7-234EA3ED265E</string> </dict> <key>SystemParameters</key> <dict> <key>InjectKexts</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>InjectSystemID</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </plist> Also, for what it is worth, sleep is disabled on my system:

Again, thank you all for taking time out of your day to help a fellow hackintosher out!
    • By Tricchi
      Vorrei assemblare un nuovo hackintosh partendo dallo stretto necessario per poi aggiungere altri componenti nel tempo. Dato che la mobo penso sia fondamentale vorrei prenderne una che mi dia la possibilità di future espansioni ma che non costi troppo. Ho visto che su Amazon ci sono delle mobo come ad esempio la Asrock Z370 Taichi usate ad ottimi prezzi. Voi che ne pensate? Vale la pena o è rischioso? Nella descrizione c'è scritto "Come nuovo" o "Ottime condizioni".
      Riguardo alla compatibilità di questa scheda madre con hackintosh che mi dite? Il modulo wi-fi e bluetooth è compatibile?
      Grazie.

Marco