nForce OS X Mavericks (10.9) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

181 posts in this topic

@ beub3u

1. With OS X Mavericks, put ALL kexts:

FakeSMC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext 

AppleRTC.Mavericks.Patched.kext

AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext

AD1998b.FIX.kext (alternatively use as  I do currently, oldnapalm's AD1988b version VoodooHDA.kext)
nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext

in S/L/E with NO kexts in /Extra/Extensions (also IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector should not be needed) and do not use nForceIOATAFamily.kext.

The SMC errors you see using the FakeSMC from my "64bits Kext" folder should not prevent booting.....

2. Use only OS X Maverick version Apple kexts

3. Try booting using the following org.chameleon.Boot.plist entries

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>

4. Have nothing in Extra/Modules.......

Hi Verdant,

I tried again but still no luck with your method ...

I think I will disappoint you, I tried with the myHack (3.3.1) method :
- I used this app to create my usb installer drive
- then, I put AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext & nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext in S/L/E, i runned myFix
- on launch, "still waiting for root device". Apparently the imk kext wasn't loaded
- I moved AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext & nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext in E/E, myFix again
- the installer finally appears, at the end, I copied the 2 nForce kext in E/E because the installer didn't do it (correction : it did, in the myHack.kext/Content)
- Mavericks is ok now ...

edit:

you were right, the SMC errors was not the problem

i don't know what is was ?! myHack removed 3 kext from S/L/E and set PCIRootUID=1 in chameleon, i don't see any other change

@ beub3bu

No worries. I just glad it worked out for you..............:)

alright verdant im back. this time im working on the dual layer dvd method. this is where im stuck. 

"[15] Now download my nForce Extra folder for my OS X Mavericks Base System Dual Layer DVD Installer:

Still to be uploaded......"......

should i use the muldoon extra folder or make one as described in Stage 1 - Making a Bootable GPT Partitioned USB Flash Drive GPT OS X Mavericks 10.9 Installer? keep in mind that this is a sep build and cannot use the one from my current sl build.

@GaryThePCGuy

Try the alpha version nForce Extra folder for my OS X Mavericks Base System Dual Layer DVD Installer that I will PM you and let me know how you get on via PM.......:)

• 1 month later...

ok...so i got blackintosh back up and running.

issues: 

no audio. loaded applehda.kext vodoo and adfix all separately and none seem to work.

when i boot from chameleon it boots verbose automatically. slow waiting for it to boot.

evga 790i ultra sli

The evga 790i ultra sli uses the Realtek ALC888 audio chipset/codec, so look for audio solutions for ALC888 on OS X Mavericks.....e.g. for ALC888 patched AppleHDA and DSDT patch text etc.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/

If you do not want verbose booting, check for and remove -v flag in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist....

Hello
I hope you can help...
I am trying to install Mavericks on a Mobo with nVidia nForce 3 250 chip
0x00e310de
I did a successful install on an USB external drive
but now I want to use SATA.
So I try load AppleNForceATA (already installed in  /S/L/Extensions) using kextload in terminal
but I get this KP

http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/81/49/15/kp_at_10.jpg

looking into /S/L/Extensions

IOATAFamily is at Version 2.5.2

& IOPCI at Version 2.8

but AppleNForceATA looks for

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily</key>
<string>1.0.0b1</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
<string>1.0.0b1</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
<string>7.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
<string>8.0.0d0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
<string>8.0.0d0</string>
</dict>

So AppleNForceATA (coming from Snow) can't be loaded under Mavericks.

I certainly miss something
please help

Thanks

@ leon321

The MeDevil AppleNForceATA kext and its derivatives should work for your nVidia nForce 3 250 chipset since

UPDATE 31-dec-2007:
I've re-fixed the driver. Some users where still not detecting sata and/or pata drives, so this version should solve some problems. Below, a list of device+vendor id for supported pata/sata chipsets by this kext:

PATA: 0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de

SATA: 0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de
Know AHCI PATA chipsets device+vendor id: 0x056010de 0x056010de 0x056c10de 0x075910de

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!
If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI PATA enabled chipsets" then you can try to use this kext for the pata handling, but this is not tested, so try at your own risk!

but OS X Mavericks requires 64 bit kexts, so you should use AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext (see post #1)........and since your MOBO is an AMD CPU MOBO compatible with AMD Phenom™ FX / Phenom / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core / Athlon X2 Dual-Core / Athlon 64 / Sempron CPUs, you should be using a modified kernel for OS X Mavericks......see here.....and get AMD patched kernel help here.......I wish you success..... :)

Thank you for your answer

I am using now AnV BSA kernel

I confirm that AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kextgives KP with this kernel.

Then I  just tried the second one

I don't get kernel panic and the kext is loaded

But.... SATA is not detected

Surprising, ID 0x00e310de is into  Info.plist

What can I do now ?

Thanks

Leon 321

@ leon321

What boot screen error messages do you now get with the kernel that loads AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext, assuming that you have re-set the /S/L/E kext ownership and permissions as follows:

In Terminal type:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
exit

Close Terminal and then go to /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and delete the files present within Startup….

invalidsignedkextalert.plist
IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz
kernelcache
KextPropertyValues_OSBundleHelper_x86_64.plist.gz
loadedkextmt.plist

After doing exactly what you suggested
I boot in -v -f
and get a list of repeated lines
OPEMU: mov dword [2ax + rcx]
repeated at full speed

Going from other OS looking into Mavericks partition, system log I found lots of repeated lines like this:

Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysOn Value: 0
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Value: ??
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysShiftToggles Value: 0
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Value: ??
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDSlowKeysDelay Value: 0
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDMouseKeysOn Value: 0
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDMouseKeysOptionToggles Value: 0
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: MouseKeysStopsTrackpad Value: 0
Apr 12 09:06:08 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDScrollZoomModifierMask Value: 0

and  a lot of repeated lines like
Apr 12 09:07:18 Mac-Pro-de-hi.local Dock[158]: ImageIO: PNG No IDATs written into file
Apr 12 09:07:18 Mac-Pro-de-hi.local Dock[158]: ImageIO: ConvertBytes vImageConvert_AnyToAny error: 'kvImageInvalidParameter'
Apr 12 09:07:18 Mac-Pro-de-hi.local Dock[158]: ImageIO: PNG No IDATs written into file
Apr 12 09:07:18 Mac-Pro-de-hi.local Dock[158]: ImageIO: ConvertBytes vImageConvert_AnyToAny error: 'kvImageInvalidParameter'

then
Apr 12 09:10:33 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDWaitCursorFrameInterval Value: 33332999
Apr 12 09:10:33 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Value: ??
Apr 12 09:11:02 Mac-Pro-de-hi.local Finder[160]: Unknown class '_FITagEditorView', using 'NSView' instead. Encountered in Interface Builder file at path /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Resources/French.lproj/NSNavPanelContentView.nib.
Apr 12 09:11:45 Mac-Pro-de-hi.local sudo[267]:       hi : TTY=ttys000 ; PWD=/Users/hi ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/bash
Apr 12 09:12:12 Mac-Pro-de-hi.local com.apple.kextd[12]: kext com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA  100049000 is in exception list, allowing to load
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: mov dword [rax+rcx], 0Oxff
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: PEMU:  mov dword [rax+rcx], 0xff
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: OPEMU:  mov dword [rax+rcx], 0xOPEMU:  mov dword [rax+rcx], 0xff
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: ff
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: OPEMU:  mov dword [rax+rcx], 0xff
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: OPEMU:  mov dword [rax+rcx], 0xOff
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: PEMU:  mov dword [rax+rcx], 0xff
Apr 12 09:12:16 Mac-Pro-de-hi kernel[0]: OPEMU:  mov dword [rax+rcx], 0xff

here we are
it seems that is something like a buffer overflow.

I am confused.

@ leon321

Since you do not say that you are still seeing a "still waiting for root device" error, I assume you are not, which means that the issue is not related to the AppleNForceATA kext used.

I am not the best person to help with AMD patched kernel issues, which is what I believe the messages you see relate to......see here..........

Also, if you are using a ALPS Trackpad, I would also suggest that you use a USB keyboard and USB mouse until things are sorted with nForce chipset MOBO.....

@ verdant

I am not seeing "still waiting for root device" error, but if I remove AppleNForceATA kext and rebuild cache I boot normally from USB HDD.

I am using USB mouse and keyboard, no ALPS Trackpad.

I did a first pass on the topic [AMD] Pre-release Testing, they mention OPEMU, but I must digg & probably post

thanks for your help

leon321

@ leon321

You can boot normally from a USB HDD when you remove the AppleNForceATA kext and rebuild cache because you are using a SATA or PATA (IDE) to USB interface not the MOBO's SATA interface....

Glad to be of some help.....:)

@ verdant

I did some other tests
As installer I used Boot USB DVD OS X Mavericks AMD V3.pkg
from hackintosh-montreal.

So I decided to do my new tests directly on USB key created by the .pkg, and used to install Mavericks before.

I deleted VopodooPS2.kext from /E/E/  no need now

I installed AppleNForceATA.imk64bits.kext fixed permissions touch
& clear cache as you indicated.
Kernel used is AnV
and test : at boot I get KP about this AppleNForceATA.imk64bits.kext.

Now I change the kernel on USB key, I take the russian one, at boot I don't have KP but I get a list of repeated lines
OPEMU:
repeated at full speed
I searched about OPEMU but I did not find relevant fix.

So I don't now what to try next.
any track to try will be fine

@ verdant

Ok I did little progress

I found source code of AMD Kernel

and I found where printing OPEMU + something is done.

+/**
+ * This is called the Opcode Emulator: it traps invalid opcode exceptions
+ *   and modifies the state of the running thread accordingly.
+ * There are two entry points, one for user space exceptions, and another for
+ *   exceptions coming from kernel space.

bad:
+    {
+        /* Well, now go in and get the asm text at least.. */
+        const char *instruction_asm;
+        instruction_asm = ud_insn_asm(&ud_obj);
+
+        printf ( "OPEMU:  %s\n", instruction_asm) ;
+        return 0;
+    }

This runs in case of error.

Unfortunately, this is not written in system.log

and display is moving too fast for reading....

So verdant do you kow

if during boot, messages on screen are stored somewhere ?

If yes,

I would try to know who is guilty ?

triggering this part of code

Thanks

@ leon321

Go to Applications >>> Utilities >>> Console........double-click on Console, then look in the following sections:

DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION >>> System Diagnostic Reports and User Diagnostic Reports
FILES >>> ~/Library/Logs >>> Crash Reporter and/or Diagnostic Reports
FILES >>> /Library/Logs >>> Crash Reporter and/or Diagnostic Reports
FILES >>> kernel.log

I suggest you correspond with spakk re OS X Mavericks AMD kernel if you have no problems when using an AMD kernel patched for OS X 10.8.5 or OS X 10.7.5...

regarding the OPEMU : UD2 bug, I understand that every Mavericks kernel has the same bug because all AMD kernels are based on the opcode from Sinetek and Andy van Dijk .

AFAIK to overcome this bug, according to spakk, you need to do a rollback to the Sandbox.kext and System.kext and AppleMatch.kext and Corecrypto.kext from Mavericks 10.9 after each OS X 10.9.x update and then fix kext ownership and permissions....

Sorry I am not able to be of more help, having never used AMD with OS X.....

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

First of all THANK YOU, verdant, for such a complete tutorial, it's something never before seen! I've got a Hackintosh running but with some faults and what I want is to make it run as perfectly as possible. So, using you tutorial I plan to advance to Mavericks but I don't quite get this point:

"[6] Copy across from your running 64bit mode Snow Leopard, or Lion, or Mountain Lion system, your MOBO's OS X DSDT.aml file into the open target HDD OS X Mavericks window, i.e. the target HDD volume's root i.e. / directory……."

Because for me to install the Mountain Lion the DSDT was in the USB disk, I think in the Extra folder, but it was a different installation method. And now, is it possible for you to share with me your DSDT? Because I've got the same MOBO as you, Asus P5N32-Sli Plus. 

Thank you in advance and congratulations for you effort and work!

@ Fred Coelho

Thank you for your appreciation of my guide.  The DSDT.aml file on your USB Mountain Lion disk drive should be transferred to the internal target OS X hard drive onto which you plan to install OS X mavericks, with the root directory i.e. / (where I keep mine) or in the Chameleon Extra folder.

I can PM you my DSDT.aml when i get some time but first I need to know if you will be using any PS2 devices e.g. keyboard and/or mouse because I do not.......

Hello, verdant!

I'm usign the mouse and keyboard with PS2 but I can use them via USB, no problem with that! Also, and since I've got your attention :), I'm stuck after the boot, when it's time for the display to show the "Welcome" screen in the installation stage of Mavericks. I'm pretty sure that it's the kext for my Nvidia graphics card. I've tried a few, even the one I use in ML, but with no success! Any idea? It's an GTX 490. And I've also used the "graphicsenabler=no".

Update: Display issue solved, PAYING ATTENTION TO THE TUTORIAL... :) The Mavericks is running! Still I would appreciate you sending me your DSDT and I have no sound! Looked up and used the AD1998b.FIX but, since it's a fix, it's supposed to be used to fix something, right? :)

Thanks, your the man!

@ Fred Coelho

Glad that following the guide has enabled you to get Mavericks running........:)

For audio, simply keep the Mavericks AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E and add to /S/L/E a modified version of oldnapalm's original version VooddoHDA.kext for AD1988B for my my Asus P5N-32E SLI Plus MOBO and Asus SupremeFX II Audio Card

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

I have PM'd you my DSDT.aml file.

Hey verdant, figured you'd probably be the best person to ask here, I'm trying to get my MCP77 ethernet going, I've installed nForcelan, it kext loads up, detects the device, but never assigns it to en0 or any other interface, and in the console logs the InterfaceNamer isn't able to give it a name. I'v tried deleting the NetworkInterfaces plist file, even substituted the name of the interface for the one in the plist file, but still no go. Do you think this is a kernel issue? I'm using niresh's build and I think he's using sineteks old kernel, because if I've read write the plugin makes a call to the kernel to be able to name a device, specifically a PCI device like an Ethernet port. Have you heard of this or know of any way around it? Everything else works fine, full QE/CI, audio, multiple monitors, etc, but no go on on the ethernet.  

edit:

Specs are MSI NF980-g65 motherboard

Phenom II x6 1090t

Geforce 670

nForce 780a (MCP 77/RTL8211CP onboard ethernet) 

Device ID's were appended to the Info.plist in nForcelan.kext. Using 64.5 since people have reported stability issues with 64.6.

Hi, verdant!

Just to let you know that all is going rather well, I'm even considering to start using the Mavericks daily, instead of Win 8.1! I just haven't been able to figure out why the kexts that I copy to the S/L/E in the USB boot pen dont get installed in the S/L/E of Mavericks, I have to copy them using another instalation. Anyway thank you for your help and regarding the DSDT you sent me...I really need to learn A LOT, because I've tried to just replace mine on the USB boot pen and it stalls with a few KP. Then it hit me, your MOBO may be the same but your HW it's different! Back to basics! :)

Thank you, my friend!

@ Beheaded

Your MOBO LAN chipset is the Realtek 8211CL (0x076010de), so the nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext without any Info.plist Device ID insertion should work properly if it loading OK:

Supported PCI ids:
0x01c310de, 0x006610de, 0x00d610de, 0x008610de, 0x008c10de, 0x00e610de, 0x00df10de,0x005610de, 0x005710de, 0x003710de, 0x003810de, 0x026810de, 0x026910de, 0x037210de,0x037310de, 0x03e510de, 0x03e610de, 0x03ee10de, 0x03ef10de, 0x045010de, 0x045110de,0x045210de, 0x045310de, 0x054c10de, 0x054d10de, 0x054e10de, 0x054f10de, 0x07dc10de,0x07dd10de, 0x07de10de, 0x07df10de, 0x076010de, 0x076110de, 0x076210de, 0x076310de,0x0ab010de, 0x0ab110de, 0x0ab210de, 0x0ab310de, 0x0d7d10de

Do the following:

1. Go to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/nvenet.kext

2. Rename nvenet.kext

In Terminal, type

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns
ls
sudo mv nvenet.kext nvenet.kext.bad
ls
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
exit

"ls will list the files in PlugIns"

3. The v0.64.5 kext for Leopard should be installed manually into /S/L/E (v0/64.6 is not recommended as many have problems with using it).

4. Then reset the ownwership and permissions of /S/L/E/ via Terminal:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
exit

5. Then go to /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and delete these files within Startup….

IOKitPersonalities_i386.ioplist.gz
IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz
kernelcache
KextPropertyValues_OSBundleHelper_i386.plist.gz
KextPropertyValues_OSBundleHelper_x86_64.plist.gz

6. Reboot and check if the nForceLAN.kext is being loaded by booting with -v and also by entering the kextstat command in Terminal.....

@ Fred Coelho

Glad to help and that now OSX Mavericks is up and running well for you..... :)

Welcome to the light side....you are enjoying using OS 110.9.x so much compared to Windows 8.1........ ;)

Regarding installing kexts from S/L/E in the USB boot pen to the S/L/E of Mavericks, see 4. and 5. above in this post to Beheaded about manually setting kext ownership and permissions......