Get iLife, iWork & Aperture for free

shiecldk

80 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is App Store's bug, so you should do this ASAP.  :D

Requirements:
OS X Mavericks
Clover Bootloader (I haven't seen this works for Chameleon users so far.)
Recovery HD (I'm not sure if this is required, but it's better to have this on your disk.)

1. First, you have to install the trial version (or working old version) of iLife, iWork & Aperture.
2. After the installation is done, change your system language to English and sign in App Store with your account. 
3. Update iLife, iWork & Aperture in App Store, and then you can check if they are in your "Purchases" now. If not, you can reopen App Store and check again.
4. After you've checked "Purchases", you can delete the trial/old version apps in your Applications folder and change system language back.

Now your'll be able to download the apps whenever you want in the future with your App Store account.  ;)

Download Links: (If moderators consider providing the official trial download links is piracy, I'll remove it.)
iWork09trial.dmg
Aperturetrial3.1.dmg  (This one is removed by Apple, so please try the 3.0.3 one and install it as trial.)
Aperture3.0.3Trial.dmg
I can't find a trial version for iLife11, but I'm able to get it work by updating from my old iLife.

U03KhLe.png

Edited by ErmaC
Removed link
  • Like 2

I think it is not piracy to share an untouched official trial installer. But it may be considered piracy (really gray area, as it's a server error) to do the trick and make it look like you bought the app. Also remember that this exact same situation happens in real Macs as well, this is not a hackintosh thing only.

Can't people just upload the trial verisons of iLife and iWork or something from a torrent website? Downloading torrents that is trial software is not illegal since its free. Then you install it on your hackintosh and then update it through the App Store. Apple should have known this bug but they don't seem to care. I don't see anywhere that this is illegal since this was by design.

Since this was by design, you can't call this piracy. Sorry.

i'm not saying that istalling the trials is illegal, this topic is not about the trial version, don't be stupid.

If you can get iWork and iLife for free just by installing trial versions and then doing this little loophole, whats the problem? -_- Apple doesn't care if you do this. I don't see them doing anything.

If you can get iWork and iLife for free just by installing trial versions and then doing this little loophole, whats the problem? -_- Apple doesn't care if you do this. I don't see them doing anything.

I wouldn't like to see my account suspended for one.

I tried installing the iwork09 trial, and update buttons appeared in MAS, but when I wanted to update, it said it was installed by another apple id (null), and it can't update it... :(

Check the requirement. Do you use Clover, and do you have Recovery HD on your Mavericks disk?

this IS PIRACY you are not breaking apple rules! you are breaking the law

all that software by now cost more than 120€ 

i'm not Jesus obviously, it's just to respect the rules... ;)

sure? I think that you like many people use software pirate, and  talk IS Piracy and  of rules  is only demagogy :P

Download Links: (If moderators consider providing the official trial download links is piracy, I'll remove it.)

iWork09trial.dmg

Aperturetrial3.1.dmg  (This one is removed by Apple, so please try the 3.0.3 one and install it as trial.)

Aperture3.0.3Trial.dmg

Thx shiecldk for the tutorial/info.

I have removed the direct link for now... we will inform soon if there is any problem to publish it again.

ErmaC

I tried installing the iwork09 trial, and update buttons appeared in MAS, but when I wanted to update, it said it was installed by another apple id (null), and it can't update it... :(

I read that it specifically looks for the recovery HD for some reason... someone recommend installing Mavericks in VMWare, then do the whole process listed above. Once apple associated the installs with your apple ID; which would show up in your Purchases list... you are golden.

or alternatively find a mavericks mac to do the same.

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/10/24/illegal-trial-and-disc-versions-of-iwork-and-ilife-are-updatin/

in short... they know, and they don't give a #@$. win win

I read that it specifically looks for the recovery HD for some reason... someone recommend installing Mavericks in VMWare, then do the whole process listed above. Once apple associated the installs with your apple ID; which would show up in your Purchases list... you are golden.

or alternatively find a mavericks mac to do the same.

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/10/24/illegal-trial-and-disc-versions-of-iwork-and-ilife-are-updatin/

in short... they know, and they don't give a #@$. win win

I created Recovery HD (not fake, but full properly) just for this, it's successfully created, made "Find my mac" option available:

post-150972-0-45324000-1382710881_thumb.png

(I tried it, I can play sound on my hack from iCloud.com,so it works)

But when I try to update for example iPhoto, these two error messages appearing:

post-150972-0-25287400-1382710921_thumb.png

post-150972-0-48910400-1382710933_thumb.png

The same error messages appearing with pages,keynote,numbers as well.

I tried trial versions, I even tried "other" versions to get updated... but no luck :(  What could be the problem? Is anyone updated these with chameleon bootloader?

• Like 1

Created an usb stick with clover installed it, booted with that stick,and everything updated immediately! So yes, clover is needed. Clover injects some system id, while chameleon not... and that is the problem...

• Like 1

Created an usb stick with clover installed it, booted with that stick,and everything updated immediately! So yes, clover is needed. Clover injects some system id, while chameleon not... and that is the problem...

Do you have any idea what Clover injects that Chameleon doesn't?

Chameleon needs to be updated to inject whatever else is needed (and missing).

glad it work out!  the above work for me.