[Guide] Mavericks 10.9.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760)

pepto

307 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 in a Optiplex 960 and no way to work the only thing i have is a black screen with Mavericks 10.9.5 installed with MyHack can some one helpme please when I a put away the NVDAStartup.kext my Hackintosh work but with a bad resolution please help

• 1 month later...

OP 780 A15 with E8400 & 12Gb RAM , nVidia GeForce 210 HDMI, 10.9.5 fully working with 5 kexts & Chimera, GraphicsEnabler=Yes

video signal never comes back from sleep. Machine is UP (can remote control it), but monitor stays blank.

Any ideas how to fix it?

sebus

edit:

Reading whole thread helped. DSDT.aml was the obvious answer to this issue!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, new to the forum (as a member at least) i have several hackintosh rigs, all dual booting perfectly thanks to this thread (and a little common sense combined) Big rig is the optiplex 780, with a 2.83 core 2 quad, 16 gb DDR3 and an ASUS nvidia GTX 560ti (fitted with some modification of the heat sink), Mid rig is an Optiplex 760 with 2.33 core 2 quad, 8 gig DDR2 and an Nvidia GT640 4gb and finally a laptop Latitude e6410.

the things I'm struggling with are (and I'm sure there is an answer on here that i have missed) HDMI Audio from my Nvidia cards, this guide uses ATi or AMD whatever the hell it is nowadays. so I'm feeling a little left out as an nvidia user lol, how can i get this working?

secondly, although most people seem to love it, i can't get on with chameleon boot loader, the only thing I've ever managed to boot with it is windows (which itself is fairly pointless of course) but i get on fine with clover all my comps are running and Dual booting with it with practically zero messing around in the set up. and here is the problem, I've found instructions for getting iTunes App Store iMessage etc working using chameleon, can anyone help me do this with clover? I'm sure the process is pretty similar and I've tried to work it out but i can't seem to get it working.

any help or at least pointing to a post or thread with answers to this would be appreciated.

also if anyone is interested in how the hell you get a larger graphics card like a GTX 560 into an optiplex 760 or 780 when there is only a single slot space and limited length (mid tower only) let me know and ill make a little guide

running 10.9.5 (10.10 installs but is temperamental when it comes to booting... sometimes it will... sometimes it won't so i stuck with mavericks, i have my actual iMac for yosemite lol)

Hello and welcome on this thread ;)

Enabling HDMI audio is something I gave up even with AMD/ATI cards. The point is that Optiplex series AFAK only works with VoodooHDA.kext, not with a patched AppleHDA.kext. because of the ADI 1984A Audio codec.

So we're all doomed to rely on VoodooHDA to get sound on them and it's ability to correctly detect HDMI audio output. Using a DSDT with a HDEF patch should help VoodooHDA to do that.

I didn't test it with nVidia setups but my guess is that you may have to patch the DSDT (the one from Clover.zip is GFX-patched free if I'm correct) to add your nVidia infos such as ADDR, NVCAP, VRAM total size or model, etc… and of course a HDEF patch.

About Chameleon :

I don't know how you setup your drives and what kind of partition scheme you're using. Must be something wrong somewhere cause I never had any problem with this bootloader.

I think you probably have made some mistake when it comes to install the boot file (single drive with both OS X/Windows, separate drives with one OS for each, USB external drive ?). Remember that Chameleon needs to be install at the root of your OS X partition along with an Extra folder and most importantly, an org.chameleon.Boot.plist inside ! Otherwise it won't work at all !

Well, with no further infos, i cannot explain why you're unable to boot OS X.

• 3 weeks later...

InsanelyMac had some serious issues since last weeks. I guess your best chance is to find the appropriates kexts by yourself :thumbsup_anim: .

You should only need those :

- AppelIntelE1000e.kext
- EliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
- FakeSMC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
- VoodooHDA.kext

That's not a big deal to find them if you know how to use Google ;)

i was able to get the OS installed and booting but the problem i have is with the builtin Intel GMA 4500 HD and the ATI HD 3450 card that came with all my optiplex 780's.  After the install the mouse is really choppy and the display is recognized as "Display 3 MB"

Does anyone know how I can fix the video so it recognizes either the builtin or ideally the ATI HD 3450.  I have tried searching for kext files for both video cards but cannot seem to find any.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I try to install 10.9 with a Asus GT610 (NVidia chipset), I know this video card is working in 10.10/10.11 with a 'generic' DSDT file under Clover.

But what to do when using Chameleon like in this guide?

I'm getting the same error "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist" as user 'justusiv' in message #175.

I boot with -f -x -v, GraphicsEnabler=No but it stops. First attempt was GraphicsEnabler=Yes (like in this guide) but that did not start the installer either.

Thanks for any help.

@DutchAcerOne

Why use Chameleon :D ?

Download Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip from [Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790)

- Put Generic DSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/patched

- Copy/paste all kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9

Done.

NB : In case of multiboot with Mav/Yos/EC, just use one EFI partition and one config.plist to boot them all.

Why use Chameleon :D ?

This was a great idea, nearly everything is working, except the sound?

Remember I run 10.9 so maybe things are a bit different when using the instructions for 10.1x

I tried the Clover Injection method.
- In /S/L/E I installed with Kext Utility AppleHDA.kext (v272.18)
- File RealtekALC.kext is copied to EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/9.1 (9.1 and not 10.10!)
- The config.plist from "Optiplex 780-760 Clover/Kexts/AppleHDA Sound Kexts/AppleHDA Patched For Injection" is copied in "EFI/EFI/Clover/"
- Rebooted.

But when I plug in my ear phone all is grey in the sound effects and in the output tab I only see my AppleTV.

Any ideas to solve this?

Remember I run 10.9 so maybe things are a bit different when using the instructions for 10.1x

Indeed. You need to patch vanilla 10.9 AppleHDA first. Shouldn't be that hard though.

Show package content of El Capitan's AppleHDA then go to Contents/Ressources folder and copy/paste all LayoutXX.xml.zlib and platform.xml.zlib from there to the same place in your vanilla 10.9 AppleHDA. Rebuild cache then reboot.

I'm not sure but the Clover audio injection for El Capitan should work as well in Mavericks using the same settings. If not, try using Yosemite's settings.

I installed with Kext Utility AppleHDA.kext (v272.18)

Won't work. Ever. AppleHDAs are system specific and also update specific. In other words, AppleHDA from El Capitan won't work on previous OS X versions. However, you can use previous versions on new ones. It may work but it's not for sure.

File RealtekALC.kext is copied to EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/9.1 (9.1 and not 10.10!)

:wacko: !

Why rename 10.9 folder to 9.1 ??? Non sense :P.

@DutchAcerOne

Great news !

Did you use this ?

Indeed. You need to patch vanilla 10.9 AppleHDA first. Shouldn't be that hard though.

Show package content of El Capitan's AppleHDA then go to Contents/Ressources folder and copy/paste all LayoutXX.xml.zlib and platform.xml.zlib from there to the same place in your vanilla 10.9 AppleHDA. Rebuild cache then reboot.

Did you use this ?

Not exactly, that did not work.

I used the files layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib that I found in:

Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3/Kexts/Sound/Clover_AppleHDA/

Copied these two files in a vanilla AppleHDA.kext, repaired, rebuild cache and rebooted.

I have a question about how the Intel Core 2 Duo is recognized in VirtualBox on 10.9.

Under OSX the processor of the Optiplex 780 is correctly recognized as dual core, for example in Activity Monitor.
But in the windows Task Manager (windows 7 VirtualBox 5.0.10) I see only a single core.
On my real Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook I see in VirtualBox two graphs but on the Optiplex 780 only one.
I can't find a setting in VirtualBox to adjust this, only the option for the numbers of processors but then I get a warning "not compatible settings" and that is correct.

Does someone know how to solve this?

post-373584-0-37578800-1449257370_thumb.jpg