• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
mrsawyer

Can I Copy or Install Clover from my USB Boot Flash to my Hard Drive?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am using Clover as the boot loader for my multi-boot hack (Windows 7 / Mountain Lion). I read that I should install Clover to a boot flash and work out any issues before installing clover to the hard drive. I have one hard drive which, if I do not use the Clover boot loader, boots into the 4th partition (Windows 7, EFI boot). The 1st partition is the EFI one created when I installed Windows. The 2nd partition is the Microsoft reserved partition. The 3rd partition is the HFS+ partition. 

1) My questions are, once I get the boot flash working the way I want, how do I get those settings installed onto the hard drive?

2) Further, where should Clover go on the hard drive?

Thanks,

Bernie

Hi TechManiaco,

I had already looked for the answer in the first document you listed, but did not find anything that pertained to the way my partitions are set up. If you think I may have overlooked something there, let me know. I will check the other two, though.

Thanks!

Bernie

Resolution:

I abandoned my idea of using one hard drive for the multiboot system because of stability concerns. I installed a second hard drive for the Mac OS (drive 0) and copied Clover to the EFI partition there. I set the BIOS to boot from drive 0 before any other hard drive and all is well.

Thanks for the assistance!

to aswer youre first question, yes you can, but you need to install 10.9 kext with kext wizard to hdd also install clover first

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293574-uefi-dualtriple-boot-os-x-mavericks-windows-81-linux-kali-acer-s3-391/

take a look at my new guide