Trying to install ML 10.8.4 on Lenovo T430

aya.odr

11 posts in this topic

Hey all.

For the pas few days i've been trying to install ML 10.8.4 on my new Lenovo T430

My specs are:

intel core i7 3220M

4 GB RAM DDR3 X 2

nVidia Optimus NVS 5200

My basic problem is that i boot from my disk on key, it wait for a few seconds, then I see the gray apple screen with the apple logo for about half a seconf - and the laptop reboots.

I tried running it with all kinds of arguments (Always with -v) but nothing special is really showing up other then tons of "Read HFS+ file"

I'm starting to get rally frustrated from it..

does anyone have any idea that can help me?

Thanks in advance!

Dor.

Hey,

First of all -thanks.

what do you mean by "usb install"?

i used chemelion to create the disk on key and i boot from it (Tried with linux ubuntu - worked perfectly)

And about the graphics - I disabled my nVidia card from the bios, so I'm working with the integrated HD 4000

@aya.odr

Hello!

I suggest, that you should try it with Pandora. You get it here in Downloads. You can generate your usb-stick for install with it and do also the Post install. You should just do a standard install. You are guided with tips during this process. Just do a standard install. You need Mountain Lion install App (App Store).

Do not forget to set your bios correctly. Sata to AHCI, USB to legacy, if there ist the option USB3 disabled, Secureboot disabled, Virtualisation disabled, Biosboot prefered to legacy or legaly first, vga to integrated. Please use USB2 port for the bootstick.

Boot at bootpromt with flags -f -v. If this does not work ad flag -x.

If you have time, you could read this, to get an idea of installing: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

Have fun,

Link to the guide is on the download page, some lines from above. You should try to get it up with it. Sound and other things are on every lappy different and related to it's hardware. I think there is no device with all hardware runs out of the box. If you get almost everything to work proper, you are a lucky man because of having a :happymac:

Have fun.

Hey, 

so i took your advice and created a new DOK using pandora.

I boot from it, choosing to install the OSX

I get some output and the laptop reboots.

I also used all kinds of flags (-x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x3000/2000 - together and alone)

Here is a link to the output i get : 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj3ttik4q7us5k4/2013-09-03%2019.49.03.jpg

Look, if nullcpupowermangement.kext is install on your usb-installer in S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions).  Doo you have a SmBios.plist in the Extra folder? BiosBoot set to legacy or optimized default? Org.chamelon.boot.plist, should look lthe following, plus the key for screenmode:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
         <key>Boot Banner</key>
        <string>No</string>
        <key>Legacy Logo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Theme</key>
        <string>Default</string>

</dict>
</plist>

Have fun.

PS: î hope, you have not done a postinstall on you installstick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1 yo need to use clover boot loader - google him

2 in config.plist for clover you must set AsusICPUPM - yes. You have restart because AppleintelCPUpowerManagment can not write in msr. Bios problem.

Three ways got it

2.1 - patch with clover - safe; cool way, set AsusICPUPM - yes and you never came back to this problem, no any changes in roms and kexts

2.2 - patch AppleintelCPUpowerManagment.kext-need every update;

2.3 - patch bios rom then flash bios with modet rom, hard way.

3 you need to OFF GPU in bios (nVidia, ATI) only IGPU, sata-ahci, vt-d-off

4 make boot usb stick with native os x 10.8.x

5 install clover on it

6 install os x on HDD or SSD (in case ssd you need to anable TRIM, clover do it with little patch, native kext untouched)

7 install clover on HDD or SSD

8 Be happy!!!!

PS english is not my native lenguage.