Haswell success - GA-Z87M-D3H - GTX 670

slemblod

52 posts in this topic

Vlade, have you tried Smbios? With CHamaleon Wizard?

I'm stuck with .com.apple.lanched

and nothing happens!

Any suggestion, more hacks around the world ;)

Hi buda,

If you use the Chameleon v2.2 2255. Try this method to pass the .com.appe. (and still waiting):

_ Copy all the kext in my attachment to your usb/System/Installation/Extension.

_ Then boot with: -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes

Tell me if it works for you.

-v ncpi=0x2000 -f -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Try these boot flags EXZACTLY. See if it boots. Testing install only no graphics audio ect... let us know

Maybe if you add pci=off to the boot flags?

I tried all, but nothing new. Stop at DSMOS Has arrived.

FIX Still waiting.rar

I can't finish the install. How to going to replace it?

Oh by the way to answer this question:  From OP

"After installation, I booted into USB installer again and opened Terminal and entered following commands:

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions

(My partition was called "Macintosh HD")

cp -R /mach_kernel /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/"

I was able to re-create your error. The cause is this mach_kernel. Even though you replaced it on the USB boot disk does not mean its replaced on the hard drive after install. Because installer will pull Kernel from .pkg which is not the right one to boot Haswell. If you boot with -v and look close at the top I bet you will see a "TSC Slow" error. 

Make sure USB has chameleon 2255 installed with DSDT.aml, smbios, and org.chameleon.boot.plist and fakeSMC in /Extra. You should also have to copy this Extra folder to root of HDD. Make sure you have replace Mach_kernel as noted above. Use -f -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes. It should work!

I am sending you this from 10.8.4 w/10.8.5 mach_kernel on Haswell with gtx670 and it works perfectly. 

I am sending you this from 10.8.4 w/10.8.5 mach_kernel on Haswell with gtx670 and it works perfectly. 

Congratulations!

Can you be more specific as to what works? Can you get audio with modified AppleHDA.kext?

And what motherboard are you using?

Thank you.

hey anyone know why my machine keeps on rebooting?

Have: MSI H87 G41, i7 4770, 16Gb RAM

Putted on AHCI

HOT swap enabled

rest i did not make any strange things changed... Does XMP memory can give problems?

Also tried HPET on or OFF

does not make a difference

Congratulations!

Can you be more specific as to what works? Can you get audio with modified AppleHDA.kext?

And what motherboard are you using?

Thank you.

Haswell success - GA-Z87M-D3H - GTX 670

VoodoHDA for now. Everything works......

hey anyone know why my machine keeps on rebooting?

Have: MSI H87 G41, i7 4770, 16Gb RAM

Putted on AHCI

HOT swap enabled

rest i did not make any strange things changed... Does XMP memory can give problems?

Also tried HPET on or OFF

does not make a difference

Try to create a new topic, or find an msi one, this is for gigabyte, and we need to stay in order about methods! Thanks!

The first post has you copy FakeSMC but not set the permissions (EDIT: OP does repair permissions later on so that would fix this. Did you do that?), so the following might work:

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/[target volume]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
chmod -R 755 /Volumes/[target volume]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

You are correct. OP updated. 

Yes! I did it!

I want to say thanks for everybody in this topic: I used all the opinions and files and boots!

I start again, from zero, using MyHack - Extra Generic - and changing the mach_kernel for the one posting here.

I'm not used the other files, except Vodoo Audio, that gave me very loud sound, but I'm not trying somthing new.

Everything works native!!!!

I put:

-v -f   GraphicsEnabler=No

And I corrected this in Chamaleon Wizard.

Really appreciate the help for everybody. If you need any file just tell me.

My configuration:

Mother ga-z87x-ud5H - BIos F7

Processor: I7 4770K

Video: gigabyte gtx nvidia 650 ti 2 GB OC

Ram: 2x4 gb 1333 Mhz Kingston

HD: 1Tb WesternDigital Black Sata 3

Power Supply: NXZT 750 w

Haswell it's a fact in Hackintosh!

Saturday Happy Night!

• Like 1

Yes! I did it!

I want to say thanks for everybody in this topic: I used all the opinions and files and boots!

I start again, from zero, using MyHack - Extra Generic - and changing the mach_kernel for the one posting here.

I'm not used the other files, except Vodoo Audio, that gave me very loud sound, but I'm not trying somthing new.

I put:

My configuration:

Saturday Happy Night!

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Yes! I did it!

I put:

My configuration:

Saturday Happy Night!

Congrat.

Now only me stuck in the damn DSMOS ....

• Like 1

I've tried install kext in different ways.

Can someone explain hoy to install a kext step by step without any application? (And delete one please).

Appears to be a problem with any software to install kext from 10.8.4 and maverick

Thanks a lot!

(Replace "YourKext.kext" with the name of the kext you're installing.)

1:

Place "YourKext.kext" in /System/Library/Extensions. If a warning shows, ignore it.

2:

Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

3:

Enter following commands, one at a time, and press enter after each (after you have replaced "YourKext.kext" with the name of the kext you're installing):

4:

sudo chmod -R 755 "YourKext.kext"

5:

sudo chown -R root:wheel "YourKext.kext"

6:

This last command will update the kext cache. I would not recommend this unless you have made sure that the kext works, by doing the previous two steps and rebooting with -f boot flag.

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your guide! Exactly one month ago today is when i tried to get OSX on my Haswell system and this guide is the only one that really works! And you don't require the .app :wink_anim:  

My specs are similar to yours;

Intel Core i5-4430

Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Gigabyte GTX 660 (non-Ti)

I also had to use;

-f GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0

Just a little tip, if you type in "sudo" and get an error, in my experience, it's fine to not include it, e.g:

"sudo chmod 755..." -> "chmod 755..."

Also i had to manually install my Ethernet (Intel i217v) using AppleIntelE1000e.kext, but rather than doing it after installation (and missing a few set up options), copy it along with your FakeSMC.kext to your USB, type in the FakeSMC commands into terminal then type in the kext you want to copy (FakeSMC.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext ect.) followed by "mach_kernel" command  :thumbsup_anim:

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext /Volumes/"YourHDNameHere"/System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"YourHDNameHere"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext 

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/"YourHDNameHere"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Also i used a 10.8.3 InstallESD.dmg file, if you want to upgrade you can do it safely but remember to boot back into USB and copy over the "mach_kernel" and then restart.

Good luck and thank you again!  :lol:

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your guide! Exactly one month ago today is when i tried to get OSX on my Haswell system and this guide is the only one that really works! And you don't require the .app :wink_anim:  

My specs are similar to yours;

Intel Core i5-4430

Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Gigabyte GTX 660 (non-Ti)

I also had to use;

-f GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0

Just a little tip, if you type in "sudo" and get an error, in my experience, it's fine to not include it, e.g:

"sudo chmod 755..." -> "chmod 755..."

Also i had to manually install my Ethernet (Intel i217v) using AppleIntelE1000e.kext, but rather than doing it after installation (and missing a few set up options), copy it along with your FakeSMC.kext to your USB, type in the FakeSMC commands into terminal then type in the kext you want to copy (FakeSMC.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext ect.) followed by "mach_kernel" command  :thumbsup_anim:

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext /Volumes/"YourHDNameHere"/System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"YourHDNameHere"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext 

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/"YourHDNameHere"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Also i used a 10.8.3 InstallESD.dmg file, if you want to upgrade you can do it safely but remember to boot back into USB and copy over the "mach_kernel" and then restart.

Good luck and thank you again!  :lol:

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could be of help.  :)

• 3 months later...

Found this thread while looking for a fix to my build. First post here.

I heard that the motherboard makes the Hackintosh. So I wonder if the reason I'm having problems with installation is my mobo is GA-H87-D3H instead of GA-Z87-D3H.

I've tried the Yunibeest (ahem, I heard it's a punishable offence), the MyHack and the Vanilla (which is very similar to MyHack) and both yields nothing. Nothing as in I don't even get to the OS X Installation Language Selection screen. When I use standard install, I get stuck at the Apple logo. When I use the verbose install, after the GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No (that doesn't make any difference) line flashes on the screen briefly, I get a black (not blank) screen.

I've been trying to install Mountain Lion. Should I try Mavericks instead? Should I update the BIOS to F8 like the op? Anybody have any idea why the installation just stops?

fuad

I heard that the motherboard makes the Hackintosh. So I wonder if the reason I'm having problems with installation is my mobo is GA-H87-D3H instead of GA-Z87-D3H.

I've tried the Yunibeest (ahem, I heard it's a punishable offence), the MyHack and the Vanilla (which is very similar to MyHack) and both yields nothing. Nothing as in I don't even get to the OS X Installation Language Selection screen. When I use standard install, I get stuck at the Apple logo. When I use the verbose install, after the GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No (that doesn't make any difference) line flashes on the screen briefly, I get a black (not blank) screen.

I've been trying to install Mountain Lion. Should I try Mavericks instead? Should I update the BIOS to F8 like the op? Anybody have any idea why the installation just stops?

1. Which bootloader are you using? The GraphicsEnabler boot flag only works in Chameleon (or Ch*mera). You will need to edit the config.plist if you are using Clover to achieve a similar result.

2. Which graphics card are you using?

3. Both 10.8.5 and 10.9.x worked for me.

4. I could not boot on any BIOS other than F8, as it included fixes for PCI-E (where the graphics card is attached). Your F6 bios seems to have the same fixes applied. It can be downloaded here. A general consensus seem to be that you don't update your BIOS unless you have to. I really think you should update. (It can be done easily from within a Windows OS.)

• 1 year later...

@slemblod:

Hi,

could you post your clover configuration (config.plist, drivers, etc...)

I have a simillar computer and I have problems after waking from long sleeps. I can't also wake my computer with the USB.

Thank you!

I'm having the same problems as you, so I don't think I can help...

I actually think the problems come from OS X 10.10, as I used essentially the same config for 10.9 with fully working sleep.