HP Laptop DV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite

Dec_Bra1n

184 posts in this topic

1.Thanks for adding my website to your signature :D  I always appreciate when people do that!

2.I didn't even notice that about the urls. turns out that when I upload new files I usually replace the old url with the previously existing one so that my mediafire account doesn't get cluttered up. So the resulting file has the exact same url as before. This is in fact a different bios than the one you tested ^_^

1. no problem for me, it's only a fu - cking signature LOL

2. now this has more sense, many more sense.. but also date is equal, seems really the same file for who that doens't know :)..

• Like 1

Whitelist bluetooth is removed ;)

The led is always red, like written by maverick, the card is found without problem, is seen, also bluetooth module but card is like always off

Tried with pin mod but i see no difference, so problem is? i don't know atm ..

Edit: remaked pin mod, i used 19 pin wtf, now it is on and works but i think problem is SLOT, because now BT is with beautiful yellow icon and doesn't work in no way, last atheros drivers are there so.. obviously there is another problem, lost the possibility to shut off card with keys both on wondows and osx so..

come back NOW on "old" card without bluetooth ??

EDIT2: BT works, i realized that BT chipset is toshiba and not atheros, on osx works perfect with atheros firmware upload kext by Rehabman _

EDIT3: Like on previous "old" card only wifi i dumped firmware card, changed region to ETSI IT 37 like apple does and reflash new dump with Atheros tool to avoid that fu ck ing "Unknown locale"

So one only "little" problem obviously is still here, now i am undecided, really..  -_-

@@@@smith

but what about the my issue ?

my wifi 'f12' key shows always red why ????

What to do i didnt test the atheros combo yet does it work like charm????

But why you don't read my posts before to reply buddy ? :D

I have written all in post #27.

For my Atheros combo i need to mod pin 20 otherwise card is always off.

BT works with Rehabman firmware kext https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Since mod pin i lost capacity to turn on/off card by Fn+F12 both on Windows and OSX. This is not "bad" problem, it's possible always turn on/off card by soft.

So...

@donovan

can you add this patch http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/ to your tool so i think it's a good thing to have both in your tool. What you think?

@@@@@@Smith

Means this bios need some works it is not stable as the old one which you gave me in italian forum

I am totly numb about the bios moding stuff so that why i ask you in simple manner and many times sorry for that

:P:(

@@@@smith

so I have to wait until donovan6000 make a bios for me but i am literly satisfied with old bios which he made before (only WiFi whitelist removed)

But i want BT also :):P

• Like 1

Hi don, new found, your last 2 bios have a big problem. 
My combo atheros card is always off and cause is the bios, this because also with previous working card not combo or with original card, they are always off. So problem is not slot or combo card and pin mod is not need. 
Problem is last two bios for bluetooth.

Hello

@@@smith, could you say me anything about mod pin?

How did you do this?

It's not need, it's problem caused by two last bios. Don't use them..

@@@smith

Does it solve that issue of wifi key turning allways red and does it BT+WiFi WL removed ??

No, for me it has big problem atm

@@@ smith & @@@Donovan6000

Issue is the same

Wifi key red atm but wifi and BT is on atm & can't turn it off .....:(

donovan6000 This is same as your previous bios

I can't disable or enable it through key..

I try Load setup defaults but nothing changed

I have tested both latest donovan6000 bios but problem still exist

@donovan: Another thing, about old bios working, i mean bios that you sended me by mail, the first bios without "possible" BT whitelist, that with SHA1 original, this bios has a "blinking" problem. On windows wifi led key is always red-blue-red-blue blinking ..

@@smith

I never got that issue on windows i am using sincs a month or more ...:)

The first bios which you gave in italian forum

without "possible" BT whitelist, that with SHA1

original,

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. Here's the latest mod. If this one doesn't fix the issues then I'm back to square one -_-

@Maverick Thanks for putting my blog in your signature :thumbsup_anim: You guys are so awesome!

It works. Now it's possible for my card, combo and not, turn on and turn off by fn+f12 without problem. 

The funny things is: now on OSX led works like a charme. Blue when card is on and so on.., the perfection

Instead on Win, sometimes led blinking when card is turn on, sometimes works well like above.

So in theory i can confirm that for me this last bios works like a charme, led blinking is not a real problem.

Led sometimes works, sometimes not.. is not a real problem..

Thank you Don!

Now you have understood how remove perfectly a BT whitelist man!!  :lol:

• Like 1