I only boot and reach desktop using HD4K-ig=3 other value just blank

on ML nice with transparent toolbar

but no on Mavericks..

Thanks

I means I did all the seting HD4k-ig from 0-11 nothing works

that only work using that efistring on ML... but not work on mavericks

and I read first page

My Intel HD4000 works fine in Mavericks (without dsdt), see here  #1

See in your ioreg, if MEI driver is loading..

Micky

Thank you very much!

I downloaded the latest Enoch loader from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/ and it made the HD4000 on my laptop Acer E1-571G work WITH 3d-acceleration!

I'm not aware of DSDT editing, etc. - so your loader is the only way to make it work for me.

Thanks again!

@NickPastuhov

Thx for the feedback.

Pls provide more info:

- OS X version?

- HD4k value used?

- Your bdmesg?

THX

ErmaC

Guys, I have a question on this. Will the Intel HD4000 only work on my H77M-D3H with only a HDMI cable or DVI, not VGA. I have been trying for a while with only VGA and don't want to waste my time if I'm banging my head on a wall here if it's useless with VGA. Thanks

What features does will have Pandora??I'm Trying for a long time to enable QE/CI on my laptopo with i5 3210M and HD 4000, try many strings, but no QE/CI in any case.

I've no idea what to ry now, really sad and tired, like was the aonly with this {censored} of card not working.

Can anyone help me?

Guys, I have a question on this. Will the Intel HD4000 only work on my H77M-D3H with only a HDMI cable or DVI, not VGA. I have been trying for a while with only VGA and don't want to waste my time if I'm banging my head on a wall here if it's useless with VGA. Thanks

Yes, for the card there are no VGA connectors. See bcc9 article

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/259705-editing-custom-connector-info-for-intel-hd-3000-graphics-sandy-bridge-osx-lion/

Hi Guys, ermac great reporting. 

I have a question/request that i hope is not too silly. Would it be possible to allow the ig-platform insertion with GE=No?

I understand that ig-platform is probably not the same as enabler, and both are needed. But here is the reason i think it would be useful:

Many people are using IGPU as secondary/additional monitors along with discrete. Using kepler card you must have GE=No. So wondering if by chance its possible by insertion of ig-platform to also switch GE on only for intel IGPU, so that 6xx cards would work alongside IGPU without need for device-property or DSDT tricks. Would be a lot cleaner to have the bootlaoder handle the issue. And of course if GE=Yes it would still enable for all supported cards.

Is this technically possible? impossible? improbable?

Thanks,

g\

Hi Guys, ermac great reporting. 

I have a question/request that i hope is not too silly. Would it be possible to allow the ig-platform insertion with GE=No?

I understand that ig-platform is probably not the same as enabler, and both are needed. But here is the reason i think it would be useful:

Many people are using IGPU as secondary/additional monitors along with discrete. Using kepler card you must have GE=No. So wondering if by chance its possible by insertion of ig-platform to also switch GE on only for intel IGPU, so that 6xx cards would work alongside IGPU without need for device-property or DSDT tricks. Would be a lot cleaner to have the bootlaoder handle the issue. And of course if GE=Yes it would still enable for all supported cards.

Is this technically possible? impossible? improbable?

Thanks,

g\

+1 for this feature, a separate HD4000Enabler=y if that's technically possible.

I have that exact setup here - Kepler (660 GTX, GraphicsEnabler=n) and HD4000 on an i5-3570K.

The fact is...

Actually the ig injection is associated (live) into the gma.c code and the gma is "enabled" by GraphicsEnabler...

For this "problem" I add (only Enoch) the ability to SKIP the GraphicsEnabler individually for nvidia ati or Intel itself.

Example:

if you have a HD4000 working with the injector (GraphicsEnabler=Yes + HD4K-ig=a_value) and you have an nvidia where you need to not considered from the GraphicsEnabler

add this flag

GraphicsEnabler

Yes

SkipNvidiaGfx

Yes

HD4K-ig

a_value

The Skip key are:

Nvidia SkipNvidiaGfx

Ati SkipAtiGfx

Intel SkipIntelGfx

ErmaC

• Like 6

You rock, I'll test this as soon as I have the time.

I guess it would be best to unplug the 660 GTX and try to get the HD4000 working right by itself.

two quickies if you don't mind:

I saw somewhere that the VGA port won't work, is that right?

Does changing GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT make any difference to OS X?

Hi guys, 

I have a HP Elitebook 2570p (2013 version) 

Core i7 3520M

Integrated HD 4000 graphics 

I have tried many many methods without any success.  (more than likely user error on my part but hey ;) )....   I tried the above method and changed the value to all of the mobile definitions as it is a laptop but I still get the black screen.  (I guess this is due to me having other stuff installed over the top which would be conflicting with it)   I am going to do a fresh mountain lion install now with nothing else installed.

I have a windows partition installed on the disk.  Is there anything I can do in windows that will help me determine the correct AAPL, ig-platform-id which I need?  

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Micky1979
no tonymac

It 's amazing that you have not read the Rules of this Forum: rules do not allow to talk about installation methods from tonymac!

Do you think someone should help you?

I think that you did not even read this topic, because otherwise you would understand that you have to try all installing Enoch and set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and HD4K-ig = all those who are there to try. ....and try and try and try...

Obviously you also did not read that Chimera does not support this thing....

Micky
  • Like 1

The intention is to use Series 6 Chipset born for Sandy Bridge platform, with Ivy Bridge CPU?....for this reason you have to take id from the SNB kext.

This does not happen in the real Mac (native series 7 chip), then you must be sure that in the two kext mentioned, there is not the same id in them: only one...to activate the Capri kext with series 6 chipset, otherwise kernel panic.

Obviously you have to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and HD4K-ig= x with Enoch injection!

I think if you look at the first page, you will find written by Ermac that the change is not yet available, .... waiting for other feedbacks from users....

Micky

• Like 1

A partial support is already available in Enoch r2248 (for Haswell CPU), and for HD4600 I think Ermac is working to its framebuffer.

Meanwhile, you can produce a ioreg and bdmesg from your Installation?

As soon as Ermac back among us,  can study some thing, ...... if there are Testers available.

Micky

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not able to implement HD 4600 (Haswell i5 4670K) in Chameleon, in particular in gma.c

Hi guys.

Very busy here...

As Micky1979 said "we" have a tiny implementation for Haswell gfx (Enoch only),

Also I need free time to wrote part of collected info about the injection for those new things (Haswell)

I would start to credits people for the upcoming new features

toleda Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection - Sound - InsanelyMac Forum

toleda Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

bcc9 Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell) working displayport

PikerAlpha http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com

Fabio

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Very busy here...

As Micky1979 said "we" have a tiny implementation for Haswell gfx (Enoch only),

Also I need free time to wrote part of collected info about the injection for those new things (Haswell)

I would start to credits people for the upcoming new features

toleda Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection - Sound - InsanelyMac Forum

toleda Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio - OSx86 10.8 (Mountain Lion) - InsanelyMac Forum

bcc9 Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell) working displayport

PikerAlpha http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com

Fabio

Hi,

No problem, Hackintosh is not a full time job ;)

So what are the values for HD 4600 with Enoch ? I only see stuff for Ivy Bridge HD 4000. :)

The tiny implementation is not released yet maybe ?

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Here a TEST revision for Intel gfx card (specially for Ivy and Haswell)

I used the latest Chameleon source where I apply the gma changes from Enoch.

I rewrote a consistent part of the code so I'm not completely sure about "free of error"

HD4000 as before -> HD4K-ig + value from 0 to 11

Haswell -> HD5K-ig + value from 0 to 15

The HD4K-ig worked fine previously, so I suppose there isn't "problem"

The Haswell (HD5k-ig) is very similar things…

if a Haswell gfx was found and the HD5K-ig IS NOT SET the injector automatically apply 0x0000260c

else with the HD5K-ig SETTED you can choose between this value:

{ 0x00,0x00,0x06,0x04 },	// 0 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - mobile GT1
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x06,0x0c },	// 1 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - SDV mobile GT1
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x16,0x04 },	// 2 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - mobile GT2
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x16,0x0a },	// 3 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT2
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x16,0x0c },	// 4 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - SDV mobile GT2
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x04 },	// 5 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - mobile GT3
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x0a },	// 6 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x0c },	// 7 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - SDV mobile GT3
	{ 0x00,0x00,0x26,0x0d }, 	// 8 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - CRW mobile GT3
	{ 0x02,0x00,0x16,0x04 },	// 9 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 1, Ports: 1, FBMem: 1 - mobile GT2
	{ 0x03,0x00,0x22,0x0d }, 	// 10 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 0MB, Pipes: 0, Ports: 0, FBMem: 0 - CRW Desktop GT3
	{ 0x05,0x00,0x26,0x0a },	// 11 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 32MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3
	{ 0x06,0x00,0x26,0x0a },	// 12 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 32MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3
	{ 0x07,0x00,0x26,0x0d }, 	// 13 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 4, FBMem: 3 - CRW mobile GT3
	{ 0x08,0x00,0x26,0x0a },	// 14 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT mobile GT3
	{ 0x08,0x00,0x2e,0x0a },	// 15 "AAPL,ig-platform-id" HD5000 //FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3 - ULT reserved GT3
JUST a note: PLS post your bdmesg and a system profiler screenshoot.

EDIT updated:

---

ErmaC

Edited by ErmaC
binary update
  • Like 2