Self-righteous Christians

gwprod12

18 posts in this topic

Check this out:

Macbook Pro wanted for Bible college student

Being directed by the Holy Spirit, I am making this post as I have been praying for the Lord to provide anywhere from a Macbook Pro 17" to a 13" Macbook (black) for taking notes, multimedia, recording myself in harp & bowl prophetic worship on the piano, design, email - anything and only things that glorify Abba God, Creator of the universe.

If you feel led by the Holy Spirit and would like to contact me, you may use the reply to: sale-xxxxx@craigslist.org link located at either the top or bottom of the page, or to send anonymously, my address is:

<omitted>

Further contact info:

<omitted>

I found this on my local craigslist. I giggled uncontrollably when I saw it.

That sounds like a joke. I don't know any Christians (and I know some intense ones) who would post anything like that. I hope it's a joke. :)

I encouraged my church to get a black Mac Book. They really enjoy it Sunday morning because the projector doesn't display a Blue Screen of Death anymore. :)

Omnipotence: The ability or abilities to perform any task, except curtailing overstated Apple zealotry.

One of my many usernames is AnyThingButWindows. Because I don't like a criminal monopoly that extorts, kills, threatens, underminds the law, crushes innovation, doesn't make me an Apple Zealot. My signature alone indicates my beliefs in this matter.

Anyone that doesn't believe me is welcome to spend a day with me in my store.

yeah, I was responding to: "even the power of the lord almighty couldn't keep windows from crashing..."

I guess that means I'm more powerful than God. I knew that already, of course, but it's nice to get independent confirmation.

I've owned this box for over a year. I've had one problem with it. It has never given me a stop error, or "crashed" in any way. The one problem I've had was a registry error with a corrupted audio codec, and that was an easy fix. So, if you dont like Microsoft, that's fine. I dont like Apple. But to characterize Windows as being incapable of actually working is just intellectually dishonest.

yeah, I was responding to: "even the power of the lord almighty couldn't keep windows from crashing..."

I guess that means I'm more powerful than God. I knew that already, of course, but it's nice to get independent confirmation.

I've owned this box for over a year. I've had one problem with it. It has never given me a stop error, or "crashed" in any way. The one problem I've had was a registry error with a corrupted audio codec, and that was an easy fix. So, if you dont like Microsoft, that's fine. I dont like Apple. But to characterize Windows as being incapable of actually working is just intellectually dishonest.

oh no, i wasn't trying to bash M$. if it had been osx or linux or whatever i would have said the same thing. i use windows all the time, i have my issues with windows, but i have my issues with osx too. if i hated windows i certainly wouldn't have installed the new releases of vista as they come out on my mac and pc. the only issues that i've ever had with windows have been times my brother has installed a virus on it and i've had to reformat. that's it, never had other stability issues. my main problem is with the pc manufacturers when thtey installl an obscene amount of trial software on new computers. i got an hp a few months ago and i had over 40 trials apps for games, productivity and media suites. took forever to get rid of it all....

when i read the post about the BSOD i just pictured a group of priests using "spiritual" methods of trying to get it to work. and no, i don't have a beef with the good Lord either....

i got an hp a few months ago and i had over 40 trials apps for games, productivity and media suites. took forever to get rid of it all....

Bottom of the line hate to tell you. (Not trying to diss your box or nothing personal) I just wouln't buy a machine that came preloaded with spypware on it. Be wary of HP's {censored}. Maybe at one time they were ok, but thats before they started heavily outsourcing everything, and became no longer an American company.

Suckiness in order of suckness the worst to best built.

HP, (HP)Compaq, Dell, A-Open, Gateway, Sony, E-Machines, Toshiba, IBM, Apple Intel, Custom Built, DEC Alpha, Apple IBM/Moto, Sun/Sparc, SGI.

Ive been using Unix/Linux/BSD since 1996. Windows is just something that joe blow uses because he can't comprehend how to do it in command line, and gets what he pays for. I use EPoX boards in the machines I sell. nForce chips, AMD Athlon 3000s running linspire 5.0. Most people can't comprehend Slackware, or anything other than what their stupid fingers can click on.

Most of you are smarter than that. Just the fact that you are on this board means you have at least SOME knowledge of technology.

Windows is the only OS other than <=9 vulnerable to virus takes because the security blows ass on it. Ever seen the source? Probably not since its closed up like a f***ing rock. Since you havn't seen the source, how can anyone claim it IS secure? Simple answer. You can't. If it was secure, it wouldn't need anti-spyware, anti-virus, other anti-bull{censored}ware apps. If the OS was secure it wouln't need all those things. M$ knows their OS blows, otherwise they wouldn't have bought out Giant software. For those of you OS 9 users, I just have these words. Do you wish shankar a happy birthday? You know what it means.

You know your OS blows when the company that sold you the POS OS also sells another POS software to keep the actual {censored} off of it. Name another OS that needs to be 'activated' over the net? Name another os that homes in on you and reports to M$ a list of programs from its registry. Name another os that actually uses a registry other than Windows and Irix. Name another OS that has to be wiped and reloaded at least once every year or two. Name another OS that has some 'browser' intergrated into it. Name another OS other than windows that comes into my shop on a daily basis full of f***ware and takes 5 minutes to boot up, and ill give you $500.

Most of you like me, like to claim your individuality. Some of you are Mac users, Linux users, {censored}, strait, Christian, Islam, athiests, whatever else. Windows is for mainstream dumbass luser land. Windows bad. Don't say Windows. Windows bad. No Windows.

So would I use an OS that has problems like crashing randomly, getting infected with god knows what, getting my identity stolen bc of the 'browser' in the OS, Junking up the filesystem with {censored} temp files, reports my activities back to the company that made it, requires you install more spyware to update it, actually requires a 'license key', requires you 'activate' it for it to function, and totally f*** up my time, and cause me to loose more time, just because some stupid app works on it? HELL f***ing NO! If that app doesn't work on what I got. Then f*** them, they won't get my business.

Jesus, get over yourself OryHara, i think you made your point. The reason windows is constantly hammered with viruses, spyware etc is because it's on probably 90% of computers connected to the net. it's becuase it's an easy target, not that the source code is insecure, any system is is susceptible to similar attacks, take the morris worm which targeted sun boxes for example.

And do you really think joe blow wants to learn how to use the terminal? do you really think he/she is going to learn vim interface to type a letter when ms word gets the job done by clicking with his "stupid fingers"? what do u think your some kind of genius cause you use bsd and anyone who doesn't is a retard?

ok, i'm not even going to argue with the rest of the rantings in your post.

And just for the record i don't use windows myself i use os x and kubuntu.

• 3 weeks later...
Jesus, get over yourself OryHara, i think you made your point. The reason windows is constantly hammered with viruses, spyware etc is because it's on probably 90% of computers connected to the net.

Hehe, this is one of the favored arguments since a few months. But if this would be true, why would apache with 45% marketshare at SSL servers be so secure compared to Microsofts IIS with 43%?

I dont know what you mean by "real world situations", but I think what you're saying is that a Volvo is a dangerous car after you remove the airbags and cut the break lines.

The specific situation you referred to doesnt really have anything to do with IIS, just as the above example doesnt have anything to do with Volvo's manufacturing process. I can write a PHP script right now that when used incorrectly (as the gdform.asp script was used incorrectly in your example), will allow me to trash any Apache server that hosts it.

Yay. So what?