iTunes 7.0.1 Released

Alex Oughton

13 posts in this topic

Apple have just released version 7.0.1 of iTunes, addressing stability and performance issues with:

* Cover Flow

* CD Importing

* iPod Syncing

* And More....

The new version can be downloaded now from Software Update, and should hopefully solve the long-list of known issues with the recent release of iTunes 7.0.

This is a lot stabler even on the Mac side. Tracks used to mess up sometimes when transitioning from one to another.

I see they haven't changed their mind on the UI. Luckily, the aqua skins for iTunes 7.0.0 still work fine! Apparently there were only internal changes to the code, and the program still looks exactly as it did before physically.

nice, cover flow is indeed better in the new version. not perfect, but better. i didn't have any problems with stability in the last version, so i can't say anything about that. i did notice that when i tried to use the apple software updater on windows, it didn't detect the new version. when i went into itunes under help and check for new version however, it detected it there. i'll have to wait for the next version to see if they fixed that...

OSX 10.4.7 X86 SSE2 suport :

Does the 7.0.1 update solve the "no enough memory" error happening on x86 machines ?

Does it work now on SSE2 PC machines or does apple has make the choice not to enable SSE2 support ?

Thanks.

Nopes it does not! I just installed it and it gives me that annoying error again.

I'll try to move the PPC version into the package to see if that works.

Keep you posted.