DaveVegas 2013 Hackintosh Suite

DaveVegas

9 posts in this topic

Hi all!

After I sold my old modded G5 (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268182-davevegas-g5-power-hack/) I upgraded my system and this is the result! Enjoy!

xDX44wA.jpg

rOihnLf.jpg

9s2ioqG.jpg

c7mR6uD.jpg

What's inside:

Asus Sabertooth X79

Core i7 3930K Overclocked 4.5 Ghz

32GB Corsair 2133Mhz

Zotac GTX 680 4GB

480 GB SSD (MAX OS X) + 240GB SSD (WIN7)

2x2TB WD

1x4TB WD

2xCrossOver 2K Monitors

Performance:

Running stable at 4.5Ghz (VCore 1.378)

KGj8x2o.jpg

7eub0Lp.png

Hope you like it!

Best

Dave

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

First, my grain of salt: i confess that, with your setup, i at first (emphasis here) was expected a Geekbench score of around 30000, since my i5 3570K with only 8GB of RAM memory scores a little more than half the result you achieved (without any overclocking), and Gilles (Gils83) got 16000+ points with his Phenom II x6 (in fact, a x4 with two more cores unlocked) overclocked to 4.5Ghz.

But then i saw your Cinebench score, which is almost three times what i have with my i5 (my best result ever was 5,60) and the double of Gilles' (his was 6,77 with his Phenom II x6 unlocked), with astonishing 47,41 bps (the maximum i had with my 9800 GT was 32 bps) and remembered of a conversation i had earlier today with Gilles, about Geekbench taking advantage of multiple cores and higher clock speeds, when most real-life applications uses a maximum of 4 cores, if ever, and the overwhelming majority runs in a single core, so task-specific benchmarks like Cinebench are perhaps closer to real-life user experience.

Anyway...

Your mod is one of the prettiest case mods i've ever seen, and with all certainty the best aesthetic result i've seen here on Insanelymac. As eep357 said, would be great if we had more pictures of the innards of your machine, but for what i've seen, and i read about the real-life performance of it (Cinebench), you got my vote!

Best regards!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...