HD 7xxx-Can we eliminate the Sleep Trick?

eep357

188 posts in this topic

Lol.. in the first post say :

However this is not a support thread.

The last page don't have nothing about to eliminate the sleep trick in the 7*** HD GPU.

I think this threat is more appropriate for support :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284779-amd-7970-working-with-full-qe/

Ontopic:

I'm testing .. and we don't have a real cold bot bug like the 6xxx and gpu... this look like a bad efi initialization , maybe we need mod a gpu bios and flash it.. like the 6870 flashed to show the boot screen in the reals mac pro ... something like this ?

• Like 1

In the 69xx series .. if you boot first IE: windows.. and latter reboot ( not shutdown) to OsX .. it load without have to make the sleep trick.

In the 7xxx series.. no matter if you have a cold or hot boot ( restart from windows) .. always you need to do the sleep trick.

Hey guys I have the sleep with the button working. I am using the DSDTSE / Power Button hack and I have moved the NullCPUpower kext from /Extra/Extensions and I am using the HD 7750 in ML 10.8.0 with the ATI7000 kext from osx86.net and my card is showing up correctly, though I don't Framebuffer but I am pulling proper resolution and options for different resolutions.

This is an AMD 960T CPU. I am just going to try to check what I can do for the frame buffer. As I need to put XBMC and create a home theater so without FB I cannot play videos.

In the 69xx series .. if you boot first IE: windows.. and latter reboot ( not shutdown) to OsX .. it load without have to make the sleep trick.

In the 7xxx series.. no matter if you have a cold or hot boot ( restart from windows) .. always you need to do the sleep trick.

The Radeon Bios Editor from TechPowerUp appears to be dead project with no 7000 support coming either :( Super bummer.

Hey guys I have the sleep with the button working. I am using the DSDTSE / Power Button hack and I have moved the NullCPUpower kext from /Extra/Extensions and I am using the HD 7750 in ML 10.8.0 with the ATI7000 kext from osx86.net and my card is showing up correctly, though I don't Framebuffer but I am pulling proper resolution and options for different resolutions.

This is an AMD 960T CPU. I am just going to try to check what I can do for the frame buffer. As I need to put XBMC and create a home theater so without FB I cannot play videos.

Well, try different framebuffers named after sushi, if none work, modify connector tables on a framebuffer named after sushi :) but running it on anything other than 10.8.3 could cause any number of other issues so I wouldn't put too much effort into it until then

The Radeon Bios Editor from TechPowerUp appears to be dead project with no 7000 support coming either :( Super bummer.

Well, try different framebuffers named after sushi, if none work, modify connector tables on a framebuffer named after sushi :) but running it on anything other than 10.8.3 could cause any number of other issues so I wouldn't put too much effort into it until then

Problem is I cannot use GE=Yes system halts at Number of ports. Using the latest boot loader though.

I would not know how to modify connectors. Both my My LED's are working in Dual mode, VGA and DVI. I can play some .mp4 video files in Quicktime but in VLC is a nono.

Please see first post...No support, 100% bad ass only :) your welcome to start a new topic if needed. All I'll say here is, you don't need GE=Yes to specify a framebuffer, can be done via DSDT with GE=No, which is how I have it and I believe most others as well. If you need help on the DSDT edits, see Rampage_Dev's guide on his blog (just google "Rampage Dev")

• Like 2

Please see first post...No support, 100% bad ass only :) your welcome to start a new topic if needed. All I'll say here is, you don't need GE=Yes to specify a framebuffer, can be done via DSDT with GE=No, which is how I have it and I believe most others as well. If you need help on the DSDT edits, see Rampage_Dev's guide on his blog (just google "Rampage Dev")

Hmmm I never asked for support in this thread correct me If I did.

I have already posted @Rampagedev. But before that I will try the DSDT on my own.

Hmmm I never asked for support in this thread correct me If I did.

I have already posted @Rampagedev. But before that I will try the DSDT on my own.

OK.. on topic... are you talking something about to eliminate the sleep trick ?

If you don't have nothing to say about this here, please open a post whit your question or use the 7970 post , there are many people who can help you ( include my self ), but again this threat is not the place , here we are ONLY talking about to eliminate the sleep trick , nothing more.

Thanks !

Guys I installed the new 10.8.3 build my card is detected, but I get the blank screen at login. I do not understand English very well and therefore can not understand the guide, someone can tell me exactly how to fix the white screen on login? I have a Sapphire 7750 Ultimate.

Zumuzza: This is not a guide, there is nothing here to tell you how to install card. I'll explain a bit more for everyone.....

some or maybe most 7000 series cards can be made to work in 10.8.3, different cards may require different methods, there are some info available elsewhere how to do this. But it's a new card and most of us only own one 7xxx series card, and only know how to make that one card work. So I have no clue how to make any card that is not my personal 7970 work in anything that is not my own hackintosh. For those who have managed to make their cards work, all of us after booting get a blank or white screen and can only fix this by putting the computer to sleep, then waking it back up. Aside from this though, we have managed to get everything else working perfect. The problem is that having to putting your computer to sleep and wake it again everytime you boot is annoying and kinda sucks! So those people who had managed to get everything working except for this one little annoyance, wanted a place to discuss their efforts in trying to fix this annoying bug, in hopes that having a single place to collect their findings, would help us to all find a solution much faster. I still want to keep it friendly and light hearted, but not make the real debugging info hard to find due to too much off topic posting. So stuff like TheMentalist sharing a quick link to help AMD cpu users is great and appreciated, but also want to try to avoid stuff like "how do I make this work" or "all is great, beside sleep trick, I just have one small problem...." since these posts tend to ask for, or expect, a reply from another member and that person's reply would then be very much "off topic".

So in short, feel free to post stuff and info, but if you post and then hope for a reply that involves anything other than "fixing the sleep trick", then you were off topic.

for those on ivy systems the fix could simply be enabling (bios) the intel internal graphics and setting it to be initialized first, with or without attaching a monitor on any of its port. the thing with this setup is you will not see anything on the monitor hooked to your 7xxx during boot. that monitor will only come alive when the login window arrives, wide awake and waiting for your password.

the intel graphics need not have its kext loaded, at least not in my setup. though without its kext loaded i lost sleep, not me but my ihack. i regain sleep by injecting igpu into my dsdt as described by proteinshake below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280372-hd4000-full-acceleration-for-108-1075/

i used "AAPL,ig-platform-id" = 0x06, 0x00, 0x62, 0x01, which is from a real imac13,1 with a core i5 3470S. i didn't inject the other info only "AAPL,ig-platform-id".

while the intel hd 4000 driver and capri fd loads for my hd 2500, it does not make any monitors attached to its ports work. i think this is how it's supposed to work with real imacs that have hd 2500 on them, imac13,x with core i5 3470S/3470 and such. it seems to me the drivers are loaded for use with airplay mirroring only. i do have the airplay mirroring option showing/enabled in my system but unfortunately, it is unable to actually mirror anything on my atv even though the atv works as an audio output device. i'm hoping this will eventually work when 10.8.3 is released or when someone finds the recipe.

I have three 7970's in my PC. I been able to boot with Chutoro framebuffer. But like everyone else get the white screen, but if I unplug the second GPU with a different Screen I boot fine. So Loading the framebuffer twice does allow me to boot without sleeping but I do have to unplug and replug the monitor into the second GPU. But with all that said I thought there was a way to edit connector order to fix booting to white screen ? I remember seeing people with 5xxx and 6xxx cards edit personality connector order and get past white screens. Can this be done ? If I knew how to do it I would try, but I don't. Or am I just way off and that won't help.

Are we certain that 7000-cards don't get the white-screen-bug (WSB from now on) on real Mac Pros? Someone must have tested this, but I can't find anything about it.

If they do, then this might not be something we have to solve ourselves, it might just be an incomplete driver which will be fixed at 10.8.3 release.

If they don't, then that means that the bug is because of something hackintosh-specific, like the bootloader or one of the (few) kexts we all have.

yes , i tested in the office , in a mac pro 3,1 ( 10.8.3 first beta ) =, no white-screen-bug , only not boot screen.

also here is the post of the rominator ( he discover the drivers for 7*** series in the 10.8.3 beta )

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?action=post;quote=17903;topic=5086.15;num_replies=76;sesc=6af09327eff8481089287e1f9e193837