Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

Just now, tluck said:

can you provide a name of an app i can test that doesnt work for you?

dosdude1 just released v1.4...

the first thing I install is MS Office 2019 and the apps do not work. when you launch it it does not start and you get an error.

I have just reinstalled 10.15.3 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:35 AM, tluck said:

@ShroomKing

glad you got things working. Just curious about your new LCD - what manufacture is it?

and you can remove the F1-F12 keys maps by swapping out the SSDT-T420-PS2K-keys.aml file with the one without the map - SSDT-T420-PS2K.aml - or moddify the .dsl and recompile it.

IDK what happened but i realized i haven't posted my reply. Sorry about that.

It's an LG panel, and i'm also using 16GB of RAM.

Thanks again, i have the buttons mapped the way i want them now.

4 hours ago, freddie said:

dosdude1 just released v1.4...

the first thing I install is MS Office 2019 and the apps do not work. when you launch it it does not start and you get an error.

I have just reinstalled 10.15.3 

I updated to 10.15.4 with patcher v1.3.5 yesterday and my MS Office apps work fine. Some of them did come up with an error on launch but they work perfectly fine after i launched them a second time.

1374208058_ScreenShot2020-04-01at4_03_08AM.png.132de668cf339f2468ae159a1ce4f288.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-01 at 3.54.46 AM.png

I'm remaking my usb installer with patcher v1.4 rn and will reinstall / test again later but i doubt it's gonna change anything.

Edited by ShroomKing

5 hours ago, ShroomKing said:

I updated to 10.15.4 with patcher v1.3.5 yesterday and my MS Office apps work fine. Some of them did come up with an error on launch but they work perfectly fine after i launched them a second time.

1374208058_ScreenShot2020-04-01at4_03_08AM.png.132de668cf339f2468ae159a1ce4f288.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-01 at 3.54.46 AM.png

I'm remaking my usb installer with patcher v1.4 rn and will reinstall / test again later but i doubt it's gonna change anything.

These are the same errors I have. Eventually they launch, but after restarting the computer, I continued to have these errors. For me, even the whole system had momentary freezes.

Tell me if these issues got solved with the 1.4 version. 

3 hours ago, freddie said:

These are the same errors I have. Eventually they launch, but after restarting the computer, I continued to have these errors. For me, even the whole system had momentary freezes.

Tell me if these issues got solved with the 1.4 version. 

The errors were still there after i reinstalled with v1.4

However i found a solution: you can manually disable amfi using 

sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1

which actually disables the errors.

dosdude posted about it here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-15-catalina-on-unsupported-macs.2183772/post-28325409

it sounds like the patcher was supposed to do this automatically but apparently it didn't.

Everything else seems to work great, no freezes or crashes so far.

There's this minor glitch in the display settings though

774506748_ScreenShot2020-04-01at12_51_23PM.png.030de6ae34b14af1fc8d0d11c249c10c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ShroomKing said:

dosdude posted about it here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-15-catalina-on-unsupported-macs.2183772/post-28325409

it sounds like the patcher was supposed to do this automatically but apparently it didn't.

774506748_ScreenShot2020-04-01at12_51_23PM.png.030de6ae34b14af1fc8d0d11c249c10c.png

Thanks!

I will try later today.

What are the specs of your hackintosh machine?

15 hours ago, ShroomKing said:

sweet. yup. works for me i can launch MS Excel now! LOL

i just added this flag amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 to the config.plist boot arg list (search for slide=0) ... which will get pushed out to the repo soon.

and yeah my slider is oddly out of place too. but it works :)

Edited by tluck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys, you've got to help me with this, I'm getting crazy:

Unfortunately my 16Gb USB is broken, and I don't have another one (only one with 8Gb). So, I have installed a HDD in my primary slot and the SSD in the ultrabay and then:

• I have installed the macOS Catalina Installer into the HDD with dosdude patcher (1.4) successfully;
  • I manage to boot from the HDD and install everything correctly on the SSD;
  • When I boot macOS Catalina for the first time, it gets stuck at the apple logo, with the load bar completed. I left it around 3h like this and it didn't progress;
  • I manage to install and boot High Sierra and Mojave with the same procedure successfully;
  • In verbose mode (with boot-arg -v) I see a lot of messages saying: "Denying core dump for pid 252AMFI", "Denying core dump for pid 235AMFI", ... where the numbers before the string AMFI are varying.

Thanks!

Edited by freddie

2 hours ago, freddie said:

Guys, you've got to help me with this, I'm getting crazy:

Unfortunately my 16Gb USB is broken, and I don't have another one (only one with 8Gb). So, I have installed a HDD in my primary slot and the SSD in the ultrabay and then:

• I have installed the macOS Catalina Installer into the HDD with dosdude patcher (1.4) successfully;
  • I manage to boot from the HDD and install everything correctly on the SSD;
  • When I boot macOS Catalina for the first time, it gets stuck at the apple logo, with the load bar completed. I left it around 3h like this and it didn't progress;
  • I manage to install and boot High Sierra and Mojave with the same procedure successfully;
  • In verbose mode (with boot-arg -v) I see a lot of messages saying: "Denying core dump for pid 252AMFI", "Denying core dump for pid 235AMFI", ... where the numbers before the string AMFI are varying.

Thanks!

After digging in the Clover boot, under "System Parameters"-> "System Integrity Protection" I have checked: "Allow Task for PID". This solved it.

Edited by freddie

On 4/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, ShroomKing said:

Yes, I also have this glitch. Did you apply the Overrides done by tluck? BTW, I don't have the "Night Shift" pane.

@tluck could you have a look please and see if you find out why this is happening? In my case, I applied your overrides and the Lenovo LCD does not appear in the Colour tab inside Displays.

19 minutes ago, freddie said:

Yes, I also have this glitch. Did you apply the Overrides done by tluck? BTW, I don't have the "Night Shift" pane.

Yes i did.

Try reinstalling the night shift patch in the patch updater.

Edited by ShroomKing

Just now, ShroomKing said:

Yes i did.

Try reinstalling the night shift patch in the patch updater.

I tried to install it, but when I go to the Preferences and select the Patch Updater it does not suggest anything.

After the first boot I know it was installed but I set it to restart later... maybe got lost on the way when I was installing other things.

Do you know how can I reinstall it?

3 minutes ago, freddie said:

I tried to install it, but when I go to the Preferences and select the Patch Updater it does not suggest anything.

After the first boot I know it was installed but I set it to restart later... maybe got lost on the way when I was installing other things.

Do you know how can I reinstall it?

There's a patch updater app if you check the "other" folder in launchpad. Open that > view installed updates > right click the night shift patch and re-install, or re-install all.

Also probably dumb question but did you reboot after copying the overrides?

11 minutes ago, ShroomKing said:

There's a patch updater app if you check the "other" folder in launchpad. Open that > view installed updates > right click the night shift patch and re-install, or re-install all.

Yes, in the App that is installed in the "Utilities" I even reinstalled the Night Shift patch, but nothing happened.

And yes, I rebooted after applying the Overrides ;)

45 minutes ago, ShroomKing said:

What's the name of your display under the Colour tab in the Displays section of the Preferences?

40 minutes ago, freddie said:

Yes, in the App that is installed in the "Utilities" I even reinstalled the Night Shift patch, but nothing happened.

And yes, I rebooted after applying the Overrides ;)

That's strange... I'm clueless atm.

4 hours ago, freddie said:

Have not seen this before either, maybe something went wrong while Catalina was installing. If i were you i would try a fresh install and see if it happens again.

Or wait and see if anyone else has any ideas.

6 minutes ago, freddie said:

What's the name of your display under the Colour tab in the Displays section of the Preferences?

It's "Lenovo LCD"

Edited by ShroomKing

48 minutes ago, ShroomKing said:

That's strange... I'm clueless atm.

Have not seen this before either, maybe something went wrong while Catalina was installing. If i were you i would try a fresh install and see if it happens again.

Or wait and see if anyone else has any ideas.

It's "Lenovo LCD"

So, I tried several times to reinstall the Night-Shift patch and also the Overrides without success.

I had my main drive SSD (where macOS is installed) in the Ultrabay and a HDD in the main drive. I've put back the SSD as main drive and also put back the DVD drive. Reinstalled Night-Shift and Overrides and now it is working... weird. The glitch with the Brightness continues.

46 minutes ago, freddie said:

So, I tried several times to reinstall the Night-Shift patch and also the Overrides without success.

I had my main drive SSD (where macOS is installed) in the Ultrabay and a HDD in the main drive. I've put back the SSD as main drive and also put back the DVD drive. Reinstalled Night-Shift and Overrides and now it is working... weird. The glitch with the Brightness continues.

Oh wow, didn't think that would make a difference but ok. Glad you finally got it working :)

Yeah i think the brightness slider has to be fixed by the patcher dev's. I use fn+home/end to turn the brightness up/down so it's not that big of a deal.(for me anyway)

9 minutes ago, ShroomKing said:

Oh wow, didn't think that would make a difference but ok. Glad you finally got it working :)

Yeah i think the brightness slider has to be fixed by the patcher dev's. I use fn+home/end to turn the brightness up/down so it's not that big of a deal.(for me anyway)

I agree, not important.

One thing, I had FaceTime working perfectly before, but now, somehow I cannot establish a video connection. My video is working fine, and I can answer calls, but when I make/receive a video call it cannot connect. On my iPhone and iPad they work fine, so it is not a problem on Apple server.

Did you try to use yours for a video call?

5 minutes ago, freddie said:

I agree, not important.

One thing, I had FaceTime working perfectly before, but now, somehow I cannot establish a video connection. My video is working fine, and I can answer calls, but when I make/receive a video call it cannot connect. On my iPhone and iPad they work fine, so it is not a problem on Apple server.

Did you try to use yours for a video call?

Yeah i use it every once in a while, and it still works for me.

12 minutes ago, freddie said:

Yes, it works, no problem. Why?

Just wondering.

At one point the IntelMausiEthernet.kext in my EFI was corrupted (or something) and it stopped working. I couldn't download/update apps, and some iCloud stuff kept coming up with errors.

I was thinking maybe it's a similar issue. but nevermind.

Edited by ShroomKing

21 minutes ago, ShroomKing said:

Just wondering.

At one point the IntelMausiEthernet.kext in my EFI was corrupted (or something) and it stopped working. I couldn't download/update apps, and some iCloud stuff kept coming up with errors.

I was thinking maybe it's a similar issue. but nevermind.

FaceTime worked now... I used WiFi instead of my LAN cable. My Catalina install is full of spooky stuff :blink:

• Haha 1