[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

P8Z77-V PRO              Z77VP.CAP

P8Z77-V PRO - Security Validation Failed

How you managed to patched BIOS that would flash through ASUS EZ Flash Can you help my current bios 1908 this is not patched.ple help how to flash

There is no need for that, there is a much easier way.

How you managed to patched BIOS that would flash through ASUS EZ Flash Can you help my current bios 1908 this is not patched.ple help how to flash

You can't use EZ Flash to do this, you must use USB BIOS Flashback. I told you this before, I even told you what page in your motherboard manual you have to read.

Here is an illustration to get you started:

asus_p8z77v_pro.jpg

usb bios flash ftk method its say error=208 that file name bios.bin

Thanks 4 replay my english not good.So I have to remove cpu or not shutdown pc plug usb then press button.ple explain how to do

Thanks 4 replay my english not good.So I have to remove cpu or not shutdown pc plug usb then press button.ple explain how to do

I repeat: Open your motherboard manual on page 41 of chapter 2 (2.3.11) and read everything there. As I said earlier, skip step 1. Simply place the patched Z77VP.CAP on the flash drive, nothing else.

The flash drive must be plugged into the USB port closest to the motherboard on the same row of connectors as the ethernet port. It's clearly marked with a green outline and the words "USB BIOS Flashback" (duh!) on the original motherboard face plate. You don't have to remove anything except the cover of your case so you can hold down the USB flash back button for three seconds. When the LED starts flashing, release the button.

If you don't understand what to do after reading your motherboard manual and these instructions then God help you.

• Like 1

thank you very much I will report after it.

Thank you I updated 2104 windows worked fine.I will test mac osx.

Thanks for All.

• Like 1

You can try it. The other posibility is, to start in Windows the flashprogram and look in %temp% for the extracted bios file, copy it over to desktop, run the pmpatch and copy it back over the unpachted bios file in %temp%. Then you can confirm the flash process.

Have fun.

• Like 1

Before and After pmpatch when load system say unsupported cpu I can't enable IGPU

2013-10-10 12:47:01 -0700 kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

2013-10-10 12:47:01 -0700 kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

bord-p8z77-vpro

cpu-3770k

This is good stuff:  

Working with an MSI Z87M-G43 with a i7-4770T, 8GB DDR3 and could not get a OS X or Mavericks to boot, it would go so far and reboot.  A real waste of time.

Anyway I found mention of this thread on another site, not to be mentioned here, and long story short, using Win8, I down loaded the PMPatch zip file and followed the instruction in the first post.  Renamed the patched BIOS file and used the motherboard BIOS M-Flash utiltity to flash the new BIOS into place.  

With in  few minutes I had Mavericks GM booted followed by booting into OS X 10.8.5 using -v -x.   My test partitions are from my Haswell GigaByte Z87M-D3H test bed and I will need to tune up the installation... BUT THE NEWS IS THAT THIS PMPATCH WORKS!  The BIOS was ver E7823IMS.240, now patched.

Thank you CodeRush, you have made my day!

Good modding,

neil

2013-10-10 12:47:01 -0700 kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

2013-10-10 12:47:01 -0700 kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

This is a problem with your smbios.plist, using a more appropriate model identifier (such as iMac13,1) will make that message go away. For more information, search the forum.

This topic is for discussing BIOS patching with pmpatch. You have successfully patched your BIOS, it's time to move on.

Further off topic posts in this thread will be removed without notice.

Trying to PMPatch my MSI GS70 BIOS.

B:\E1771IMS.509>PMPatch.exe E1771IMS.509 E1771IMS.509.OUT
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001B9DFC patched.
Gap module inserted after repacked module.
AMI nest module at 00550048 patched.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007A6200 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

After renaming the files and attempting to flash I get the following:

E:\E1771IMS.509>FLASHWIN64.BAT

E:\E1771IMS.509>afuwinx64.exe E1771IMS.509 /p /b /n /k /r /shutdown
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                 AMI Firmware Update Utility  v3.04.03                     |
|      Copyright ©2012 American Megatrends Inc. All Rights Reserved.      |
 Reading flash ............... done
 - ME Data Size checking . ok
 Secure Flash enabled, recalculate ROM size with signature...
 - FFS checksums ......... ok
 Loading capsule to secure memory buffer ... done
18 - Error: Unable to start a Secure Flash session.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
RJR

Trying to PMPatch my MSI GS70 BIOS.

B:\E1771IMS.509>PMPatch.exe E1771IMS.509 E1771IMS.509.OUT
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001B9DFC patched.
Gap module inserted after repacked module.
AMI nest module at 00550048 patched.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007A6200 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

After renaming the files and attempting to flash I get the following:

E:\E1771IMS.509>FLASHWIN64.BAT

E:\E1771IMS.509>afuwinx64.exe E1771IMS.509 /p /b /n /k /r /shutdown
|                 AMI Firmware Update Utility  v3.04.03                     |
|      Copyright ©2012 American Megatrends Inc. All Rights Reserved.      |
 Reading flash ............... done
 - ME Data Size checking . ok
 Secure Flash enabled, recalculate ROM size with signature...
 - FFS checksums ......... ok
 Loading capsule to secure memory buffer ... done
18 - Error: Unable to start a Secure Flash session.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
RJR

follow the trail in my footer

try again second method but rename patched HDR to PFS.HDR and put it on FAT32 stick.

It doesn't works !!

There is no way to inject the hdr file into exe ? Or to create à exe package ? (DCCU doesn't works and i don't Knowles Why)

Update :

I think the recovery mode can be with both Delete + Power buttons (still hard to reproduce it)

All the indicators go on, the fun is loud, after secondes the system shutdown without displaying anything on the screen (USB is plugged).

After much experimentation with PMPatch for the Intel DH87MC Haswell board, I cannot install the patched BIOS that Fix It Felix Jr. kindly provided at post #811. My conclusions are:

1- The PMPatch tool fails patching MC0043.BIO and MC0047.BIO with segmentation fault: 11 in OSX, possibly due to ffs checksum error as indicated by Fix It Felix Jr. at post #621.

2- The tool successfully patches MC0047.BIO, but not MC0043.BIO in Windows. However, that patched BIOS does not install using the F7 from BIOS or the iFlash2 tool from DOS. Further investigation of the patched BIOS file with the Intel Integrator toolkit indicates "unable to verify BIOS signature" pointing to a possible ffs checksum error.

3- Despite the fact that the MC0047.BIO gets produced in the windows version of the tool, it is likely to not to have the right checksum.

Short of forcing this BIOS to install through other tools, the only way to make it work is to fix the checksum. Any clues as to how to do that? Much appreciated...

In short, your bios is RSA signed, and even though checksum is correct, the signature isn't anymore. As signing key is unknown the capsule is failed to be verified for valid signature. Not much you can do.

Thank you TimeWalker75a, that's what I am starting to think.

CodeRush, at posts #20, #22 and #24 you offered a way to overcome this very problem. You also had an external link which no longer loads up the screen shots (which points to TimeWalker's posts). Are these still valid, and do I stand a chance if I pursue this route? Thanks in advance...

PS. If this route fails, what's the next thing, SPI programmer?

Yes, as far as I know, there is no way to flash modified BIOS on Intel UEFI-based boards if normal ways aren't working.

With SPI programmer it's rather simple: make full dump, patch it, flash it back.

• Like 1

So, Coderush, as I understand since the 'normal ways' did not work, there is no point in pursuing post #24, and instead go for SPI programmer. Any recommendations for a programmer. (I will check whether I have a 8 pin header on the board.) Thanks so much...

Nope, no point at all. Any programmers except cheap 10$ ones from China are OK for modern SPI chips. There are popular ones like EZP2010, but I would buy TL886A because it has much better software support and can flash almost anything. If you only need to flash SPI chips on modern UEFI-based boards and nothing more - buy any breakout board based on FTDI FT232H or FT2232H and use it - it will be much cheaper. RaspberyPI is also on option. SPIPGM too.

This is a problem with your smbios.plist, using a more appropriate model identifier (such as iMac13,1) will make that message go away. For more information, search the forum.

This topic is for discussing BIOS patching with pmpatch. You have successfully patched your BIOS, it's time to move on.

Further off topic posts in this thread will be removed without notice.

Thankyou IGPU worked imac13,1