[HOWTO] Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 + osx 10.4.7/10.4.8 JaS

thedguy

348 posts in this topic

I using same bios setting both 4.6 and 4.8 .

also ,i tried pruple slot ,and the highest orange slot ,after finished the install ,it got "Still waiting ..........."

O my god ,...i need 4.8 ........

yeah .i fix it la ....i forgot choose package when i install ,

but ,after install ,my lan can't get work ........( 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 is work )=.="

yeah .i fix it la ....i forgot choose package when i install ,

but ,after install ,my lan can't get work ........( 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 is work )=.="

I think you need gigabyte_ds3-4pack.1.2.dmg This offers...

Gigabyte DS3-4 Audio fix for 10.4.8

Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053

PS2 port fix for 10.4.8

USB driver 261.4.1 for 10.4.8

Jmicron DS3-4 SATA-IDE fix for 10.4.8

ICH8 support for 10.4.8

System Profiler: Hardware Overview fix

With 10.4.8 RESEED DVD, I wonder if you need ALL of the above. Maybe. Actually I ended up installing all of them. Not to complain, but the hardware overview fix simply removed the hardware overview.

I'm still a little confused about the SATA and IDE ports. I had to move my SATA drive from the purple port to the top orange one after the install. And my DVD drive still doesn't run on the IDE port, somehow I'd hoped that after I got all installed this would change.

I think you need gigabyte_ds3-4pack.1.2.dmg This offers...

Gigabyte DS3-4 Audio fix for 10.4.8

Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053

PS2 port fix for 10.4.8

USB driver 261.4.1 for 10.4.8

Jmicron DS3-4 SATA-IDE fix for 10.4.8

ICH8 support for 10.4.8

System Profiler: Hardware Overview fix

With 10.4.8 RESEED DVD, I wonder if you need ALL of the above. Maybe. Actually I ended up installing all of them. Not to complain, but the hardware overview fix simply removed the hardware overview.

I'm still a little confused about the SATA and IDE ports. I had to move my SATA drive from the purple port to the top orange one after the install. And my DVD drive still doesn't run on the IDE port, somehow I'd hoped that after I got all installed this would change.

Where can I find it ?My JaS 10.4.8 DVD do not have it ,,.,,

Thanks

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but overall a bit disappointing. This is comparable to one of the June 2004 PowerMac G5's, according to http://db.xbench.com/compareindex.xhtml?sort=score#tableTop

If I cut the disk test I get 144, which is more like it. Its a 2 year old SATA drive, but its on the orange ICH8 ports. The floating point seems a bit lame too. Conroe E6600, 7300GT graphics.

I realize this should go in the benchmarks section, but in some sense its a diagnostic of the DS4 and the install. I'll try to search around some more but, jeez, can we chip in and buy a second 28.8 modem for this web site?

Results	106.70	
System Info		
	Xbench Version		1.3
	System Version		10.4.8 (8L2127)
	Physical RAM		1024 MB
	Model		ACPI
	Drive Type		HDS722580VLSA80
CPU Test	93.14	
	GCD Loop	212.51	11.20 Mops/sec
	Floating Point Basic	102.59	2.44 Gflop/sec
	vecLib FFT	73.91	2.44 Gflop/sec
	Floating Point Library	66.83	11.64 Mops/sec
Thread Test	180.07	
	Computation	164.59	3.33 Mops/sec, 4 threads
	Lock Contention	198.76	8.55 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads
Memory Test	128.49	
	System	122.55	
		Allocate	104.90	385.23 Kalloc/sec
		Fill	126.07	6129.82 MB/sec
		Copy	142.57	2944.74 MB/sec
	Stream	135.02	
		Copy	126.51	2613.07 MB/sec
		Scale	129.94	2684.57 MB/sec
		Add	142.60	3037.79 MB/sec
		Triad	142.62	3050.91 MB/sec
Quartz Graphics Test	133.03	
	Line	110.24	7.34 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
	Rectangle	136.39	40.72 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
	Circle	129.75	10.58 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
	Bezier	120.85	3.05 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
	Text	192.28	12.03 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test	132.99	
	Spinning Squares	132.99	168.71 frames/sec
User Interface Test	271.57	
	Elements	271.57	1.25 Krefresh/sec
Disk Test	43.84	
	Sequential	70.29	
		Uncached Write	81.64	50.13 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Write	69.98	39.60 MB/sec [256K blocks]
		Uncached Read	56.32	16.48 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Read	79.27	39.84 MB/sec [256K blocks]
	Random	31.85	
		Uncached Write	11.65	1.23 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Write	66.48	21.28 MB/sec [256K blocks]
		Uncached Read	69.71	0.49 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Read	96.84	17.97 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Not to complain, but the hardware overview fix simply removed the hardware overview.

I hope this can be fix too ...

ALso ,

My Ram is 666MHz ,

why it show 66MHz ?

Is it really running 66 or only display ?

if it running 66MHz ,how can i fix it ?

Thanks and sorry so much question..

I am using reseed.

Hash check is good. I've downloaded twice and burned four times. (Anyone need a coaster?)

Did you ever figure it out? I was trying to reinstall 10.4.8 reseed to see if i could get the diskarb error fixed and realized that with this version we no longer have to disable the SATA Native Mode on the bios like we had to in 10.4.7 because 10.4.8 does support the ICH8. Thedguy does mention this in his 10.4.8 install directions. So I had my hd connected to the first ICH8 sata port and my dvd with the ide-to-sata adapter connected to the 2nd ICH8 port (orange ports). It all worked and got installed in about 20 min unfortunately the diskarb error still happens.

I just saw your frustration and since I was getting my own I thought you might have been trying to install 10.4.8 with the SATA Native Mode disable what gives the "still waiting for root error". One last thing: I did use -v platform=X86PC fsb=myFsb for the install.

I just saw your frustration and since I was getting my own I thought you might have been trying to install 10.4.8 with the SATA Native Mode disable what gives the "still waiting for root error". One last thing: I did use -v platform=X86PC fsb=myFsb for the install.

For some reason with the ICH8 fix installed, SATA Native mode has to be enabled. The diskarb errors are caused by the very files we need to run on the ich8 which are the IOATAFamily and an SMBIOS file.

I'm still not sure why you get the errors with the Jmicron controller though. I know SABR doesn't, perhaps she goes back to disabled mode and the IOATAFamily kext doesn't load then?

i have also DS3 board and installed Jas 10.4.8 reseed Intel DVD version.

everything goes well...

after install, i booted my OSX with -v option from SATA II Maxtor Harddisk, which is on on 0-th purple port.

and installed pion's 1.2 patch.. ok..

but..

must i use -v option every time wenn i boot my OSX?

without -v option i can not boot from my SATA II Harddrive, which is on 0-th purple port.

or this is already an solved problem?

Try using -f instead of -v. If that works, add it to the boot.plist file under the Kernel Flags parameter.

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

thanks.. but is it the only Answer? everyone use this methode??

it seems to me a little bit tricky... or is it normal?

I'm still not sure why you get the errors with the Jmicron controller though. I know SABR doesn't, perhaps she goes back to disabled mode and the IOATAFamily kext doesn't load then?

If I plug it to the jmicron I get "IOATAController device blocking bus" a few dozen times before I get the diskarb error message. I am not very knowledgeable on this so I have no clue of what to do. For now living with just the diskarb when connected to the ICH8 is a better deal as I am still too delighted with the dual monitor support I got from Natit.

Not to complain, but the hardware overview fix simply removed the hardware overview.

if you reinstall the hardware profile fix a 2nd time it will work, i had the same issue but it got all fixed the 2nd time.

With 10.4.8 reseed you don't have to use the purple ports to install, use just the orange. You can read more on Thedguy post on page 3 of this thread.

If I plug it to the jmicron I get "IOATAController device blocking bus" a few dozen times before I get the diskarb error message.

I think I MIGHT know what your problem is. In the /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

search for "0x2363197B" (no quotes) and delete just that. Save it, repair permissions, etc... reboot and see what happens.

When putting in PIONS fix for ICH8, it adds that number in there. That number is for the Jmicron controller. I think for some reason that file is being triggered because you run the jmicron controller as well.

I think I MIGHT know what your problem is. In the /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

search for "0x2363197B" (no quotes) and delete just that. Save it, repair permissions, etc... reboot and see what happens.

Thanks, Thedguy. I tried it but it didn't really change anything. I will live with the ICH8 diskarb error for now, it just delays my boot a little bit but everything is working the best so far.

Hi guys,

im using the DS3 with an external usb dvd-drive connected via USB. Can it works this way? Because when i loaded up the dvd it showed the apple screen with this icon loading clockwise for more than 5mins. It wouldn't head on to the installation screen. What i wanna know is my setup possible?

My Samsung SATA drive is connected to the purple port and nothing is on the orange port. And i disconnected by IDE drive as well.Hope to get an answer soon.

cheers :angel:

Hi Rammjet,

the error is:

Crash Reporter

SAM multimedia:Read or Write failed, ASCS=0x21, ASCQ=0x00

USBF:177.642 AppleUSBEHCI[0x3af9800]:Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 253,timing out]

from here on it is repitive except that the bold portion changes to a set of different numbers.

Im using the Lite-On SHD-16P1S on the external.

cheers