Dell XPS 410 Resource Extravaganza

slave-zeo

1,373 posts in this topic

10.6.5 (Beta) is good if you use EFI partition.

Dig the fancy signature. haha.

You put the 10.6.5 release on yet? I got a MacBook now but still gonna keep the mighty XPS410 up-to-date, just saw the update came out. Figured I'd take a gander and see if the XPS likes it.

Let me know what you've stumbled across if anything.

Later dude.

Dig the fancy signature. haha.

You put the 10.6.5 release on yet? I got a MacBook now but still gonna keep the mighty XPS410 up-to-date, just saw the update came out. Figured I'd take a gander and see if the XPS likes it.

Let me know what you've stumbled across if anything.

Later dude.

Yeah The 10.6.5 release went with out a hitch

Gentlemen (and ladies, if there are any on here...) CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!

I now have a fully functioning MAC running 10.6.5 on my XPS410!!! I had to reload the kexts from an earlier post, and use the DSDT.aml file from RobG's XPS410...but it works!!! I'm watching a DVD as I type this.

THANK YOU ALL for all of your help and guidance during this long process. I nearly gave up several times, but now I get to taste the sweet fruits of success!!!

Have an awesome weekend everyone!!!

;):):D :D

Where did you find the new sleepenabler.kext? I currently have all of the power saving stuff turned off, otherwise mine locks up tight...

Update to 10.6.5 without any issues.

All I did before the update was add the new SleepEnabler.kext and repair permissions. It uses a pmVersion of 21, or you can just set it to 0 to bypass it. [32bit mode only]

No issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Try making a custom nvidia string with osx86 tools try different combos of dvi/vga vga/dvi ect in the settings try dvi/vga first it should work.

i have tryed osx86 tools and natiti .....i get blue screen...any ideas help?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the strangest problem! I can not run in 32bit at all. I know you guys are asking why would I want to. Well I have a 7 series geforce card. I want to use.

I have it working now ;) Clean install

I dont want to use nvenabler 64 anymore any clues for me.

snakeman

Extra.zip

10.6.6 is safe.

I have the strangest problem! I can not run in 32bit at all. I know you guys are asking why would I want to. Well I have a 7 series geforce card. I want to use.

I have it working now :D Clean install

I dont want to use nvenabler 64 anymore any clues for me.

snakeman

Those cards work in 64 bit.........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got it working with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but kext cache has to be deleted from snow leopard after every reboot. haven't tried the sound.

post-96681-1299084443_thumb.jpg

Untitled_1.dmg.zip

EDIT: VoodooHDA works so there are three problems to solve: bios reset after reboot, rebuilding kext cache and no ahci mode because of bootloader

• 3 weeks later...