[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

My usb sound card doesn't output sound after waking from sleep. It's still detected and volume adjustments work, there's just no sound. replugging it fixes it, anyone have something like this happen?

I had this problem, haven't experience it recently though, only thing I've done is update to 10.8.1. I'm not sure exactly what the 10.8.1 update consisted of but it seems to have worked

I had this problem, haven't experience it recently though, only thing I've done is update to 10.8.1. I'm not sure exactly what the 10.8.1 update consisted of but it seems to have worked

Well, I repaired perms a couple times, and even re-installed the 10.8.1 combo update, and no luck =/.

Hey guys, I have a Sony Vaio SVE1511L1EW.CEK and I followed this tutorial, upon booting the USB for installation, the wheel spins for about a minute then I get a grey "stop" sign, not really sure why, any ideas?

Here are my specs

Processor: Intel core i5 2.5GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Thanks for any help :)

Hi

I am using Asus P5W DH, 8GB, Intel Q6600 not over clocked,

Using MyHack I am able to instal 10.7.4 or 10.8.0 but .......

I have to use ATI HD5570 1GB to run it when I have bought HD6970 2GB

especially for Hackintosh (as iMac using mobile version) also USB is very slow

and I am not able to find useful kexts.

My Atom330 2GB on D945GCLF2D is faster with SnowLeopard.

Is it easier to buy Gigabyte motherboard with i5 or i7 CPU or should

I stick with mine motherboard which supposed to work with all OSX systems ??????

How do I make a native install on my PC? I see the first steps state working OSX install virtual or native then the next main step is install disk utility but I do not see how to install OSX in order to continue to the step 2. I would love to install this on my external drive in case any issues I will still have my windows 7. Part one gives you the software needed etc. then part 2=Preparing the USB 1. In your working OS X install open Disk Utility but I am trying to install OS X first so i do not have OSX installed before I can continue. Thanks

Here is the reason why I asked. I try to run imovie but I get the message it requires extreme quartz video card. Someone suggested to install it non virtual and it will work.

The suggestion was to install OSX non-virtual to get full HW acceleration from your graphics card so you can run the other programs your trying to use. Disk Utility does not require GPU HW acceleration, so you can still use your virtual install to run Disk Utility and make the installer as indicated in the guide. All you will be using your VM for is preparing your installer USB. Then once you have finished installing for real on a hard drive, start making movies or whatever. I can't make that any clearer. I'm sorry I maybe didn't make it clear in my first reply that I already knew exactly what you were trying to do, I read both your prior topics (and merged them). If you have any questions during the rest of the process, please search first for answers, but if needed, feel free to ask.

So I need to get my graphics card to work with OSX which is why I thought from reading this thread I should reinstall it non virtual. As I read your post I can use my virtualBox install run disk utility and follow the steps. I will give this a shot thanks for all of your help sorry if I was a bit confusing. I appreciate it. I will try this evening.

You mentioned:

The suggestion was to install OSX non-virtual to get full HW acceleration from your graphics card so you can run the other programs your trying to use.

So how can I install it non-virtual to get full HW acceleration from my graphics card to run imovie/other apps.

According to the guide, you will be creating a bootable installer on an 8GB USB flash drive. If that works, then it's pretty safe to assume that you'll be able to install to an external drive connected via USB.

You could also build the installer on your external drive to begin with. All you need to do is mount the external drive in your virtual machine instead of the flash drive the guide has you using. It's very useful to have around for emergencies. Since I went retail at 10.5.8 I've had a bootable OS X installer partition on my OS X drive. Of course by now it holds a 10.7.4 installer.

When you boot into the installer you'll have internet access (if drivers are loaded for your ethernet hardware) and be able to use Terminal.app and Disk Utility. You'll be able to perform repairs on your main OS X installation.

Use Disk Utility (in your virtual OS X installation) to initialize the external drive, format it as HFS+ Journaled, non case sensitive. GUID partition table. Create an 8GB partition anywhere on the drive, it doesn't matter if it's at the beginning or at the end, and build your installer on that, according to the guide. If it helps, just pretend that that partition is the 8GB flash drive.