[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

What are you doing? All you had to do was.

1. Load your vitual ML osx in windows

2. Pretend your in OSX, go full screen or something, but don't touch any part of windows at all

3. Follow the guide

I now have my drive partitioned I have the ML .iso not dmg file. I will try to continue to follow the guide this evening. The reason why I flipped through Windows etc. was for the files on external drives. I get a memory low disk space message since its only 20GB for the virtual OSX. Will I be able to fix this once I have it native?

I get a memory low disk space message since its only 20GB for the virtual OSX. Will I be able to fix this once I have it native?

I don't understand the reasoning behind that question.

The low diskspace warning pertains to the OS X installation on your virtual machine.

Therefore it is completely unrelated to the actual installation that you are about to perform.

Although obviously, if you choose to install OS X onto a 20GB partition you will see the same error message once it starts running out of space.

Yeah that too.

I will however throw him one last bone because I feel bad for him.

2.B. Creating the OS X installer on the USB drive

1. Show hidden files in finder by opening Terminal (in utilities) and typing (copy / pasting) the following:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

then

killall Finder

Does part 7.5 sound like the problem?

Edit: Supposedly isn't hard to put it on DVD but I've never done it

Yes, that was the problem. This was not in the guide when I first tried this tutorial. thank you.

I managed to install ML after going trough video card/blacks screen issue with my 8800gts 512.

Everything works except my network card, integrated RTL8111. The controller is correctly identified in system profiler, driver is loaded but there is no ethernet connection in system preferences, and i cannot add one. Tried many drivers, same thing. Tried a PCI Dlink card, also with 8111 chipsed, same thing.

Any ideeas ?

hey i have a question, i followed the guide exactly as detailed but it still won't boot when i first try to boot it on my pc (laptop). Here's the link for the -v diagnostic message http://imgur.com/YD22u I was supposed to use the GM file for when i went to that site to download the files to make it dual boot on one hard drive right? when i tried to boot it, it didn't give any errors, it just got stuck on this hyphen "-" and nothing would happen. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. I also tried following the boot0 error guide even though that wasn't the issue and it still won't boot.

try this boot flag: -f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000

and please put your hardware in your signature, are helpful for support

-f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 busratio=23

All works perfectly on my HP DV6990el. After the 2° reboot, i've used migration assistant to keep my old account (iatkos l1, another hdd usb with all working kext) and the old kext works perfectly! i've only a problem. contacts and reminders wont work (like a crash at the start of app), imessage tells me "the server has reported an error during the elaboration of registration. try again" (translated by italian, sorry for my english :'D).

Ther's a way to fix this problems? i can open a thread if u need more configurations and kext about this pc :-)

Thanks.

If you are using a patched kernel (90% of HP laptops require one to boot with all cores working), then Apple services will stop working. Revert to the vanilla kernel, set up Apple services, install patched Mountain Lion kernel, and reboot.

HI, thanks for the guide

i'm not able to start the installer via USB, it's just not recognised as a boot device during POST

should i start it again and choose MBR instead of guid, even if it doesn't freeze or what? it seems like chameleon hasn't been installed properly..

Thanks