AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

Well, I can't say for sure. Since 10.8 came up I never used 10.7.x again and back then USB 3.0 did not worked. If this kext it's not working for USB 3.0 on 10.7.3 I believe you don't have other option to make it work. It works perfect on 10.9.x Have you tried to clear the cache and rebuild it again, repair permissions etc.

So when clean installing Mavericks 10.9.2 can I use the same DSDT? As I understand from your post: I should at first install patched kext(btw where can I get it? There's no kext for 10.9.2 in the first post) and after that I can copy my DSDT.aml(from Lion) to Extra/ in Mavericks?? Will it work? (If yes, should I reboot after installing kext and before copying DSDT?)

And also will I have problems finding solutions to my devices if using last OS X version?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Create your Mavericks USB installer from the downloaded app, don't use new patched DSDT.aml for installation and the first boot. When you boot for the first time make a backup of /System/Library/Extensions/AMD6000Controller.kext and than delete it. Now, place your patched DSDT.aml in Extra/ install all kexts from Post Install.zip and reboot.

Use these for the installation and the first boot

Install these after the first boot

You will have working graphics, USB 3.0, Sleep, Ethernet, fixed colors (injected EDID), Card Reader recognized as Internal, Battery status, ( working audio with the new DSDT which i will patch) , keyboard and trackpad.

I will patch 10.9.2 AMD6000Controller.kext later + your DSDT with other patches which are required.

Here is DSDT.dsl, you need to insert the VBIOS in ATY,bin_image and compile it.

Wow! Thank you a lot, I'll try this right now!

Only one question: how my graphics will work without AMD6000Controller.kext?

And why do I need patched kext than?

Don't worry, it work like this in 10.9.x if you have my PEGP patch in the DSDT.

There's no difference in performance with and without patched AMD6000Controller.kext. I got the same benchmark results in OpenGL Extensions Viewer.

Maybe, try it and let us know :)

Re-read post #804

`I forgot one thing, which CPU you have. You gonna need SSDT.aml in Extra/ and DropSSDT=Yes in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

God damn it, i also forgot these . Add these also to Extra/ when installing and first boot and after booting install these to S/L/E

FakeSMC.zip

So, after all intructions I reboot and stuck on loading screen

Then I've tried to boot with graphicsenabler=no and got a grey screen with working mouse, after 2-3 sec screen went black(but i could see the mouse) and freezes.

I'll try to do everything from beginning

When you boot for the first time after installation make screenshot from About This Mac/More Info and post it here. Don't do anything with the AMD6000Contoller.kext. Attach your org.chameleon.Boot.plist here also.

I am testing this right now on clean 10.9.2

So to be clear, that I am doing everything right:

1) Copy FakeSMC.zip content into Extra/ in PreInstall and into S/L/E in PostInstall

2) I am using myHack to install from usb with my own kext (preinstall)

3) First boot from harddrive, Make backup of AMDcontroller (as from previous instructions)

4) Then, without reboot, compile your DSDT.dsl with converted VBIOS and copy it to Extra/

5) Install all kext from PostInstall

6) Copy SSDT.aml into Extra/ and edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist (add DropSSDT)

this all should be in first boot? Then reboot.

Here my VBIOS

VBIOS.zip

1. Copy all kexts from Pre Install.zip to Extra/Extensions/ (don't create preinstall folder, it means only that you need these kexts to load/boot OS X for the first time)
2. Wrong. Create your own USB installer and install Enoch bootloader version 2286, than copy all the kexts from Pre Install.zip archive to your USB in /Extra/Extensions. You also copy DSDT.aml (without vbios) and SSDT.aml to USB/Extra/
3. Install OS X and reboot
4. Complete the setup and install all kexts from post install (+ FakeSMC.kext) archive to System/Library/ Extensions.
5. Go to About This Mac and let me know which OS X version you have.
5. Stop and wait for further instructions.

This is your Extra/ Folder for installing OS X and the first boot after installing. You only need to add your DSDT.aml to Extra/ (Remember, for installing and the first boot use the one without PEGP patch and without  converted VBIOS.

Pre Install.zip

Install Enoch-rev.2286.pkg.zip to the USB Installer

post-423012-0-55599500-1395583683_thumb.png

So after step 3, I should at first open DSDT.dsl, patch with PEGP, insert converted VBIOS, compile to DSDT.aml then copy and replace it to Extra/ (Can i just replace my old DSDT.aml?)

After that, install all kexts from PostInstall.zip and FakeSMC.zip

Should I try reboot after that? Or I should wait for your reply?

This is your Extra/ Folder for installing OS X and the first boot after installing. You only need to add your DSDT.aml to Extra/ (Remember, for installing and the first boot use the one without PEGP patch and without converted VBIOS.

I should use DSDT you provided in post #820?

Use this one for installing and the first boot DSDT.aml.zip

Well I just tested clean 10.9.2 installation and it's not working for me either. If your Mavericks.app is updated to 10.9.2 you may have troubles too. On 10.9 and 10.9.1 is working fine. I also tested without AMD6000Controller.kext and also not working, i don't remember what i was doing when i noticed this awhile ago but i must haven't rebuild cache or something, cause now it's not working.