Integrated Graphics (Dell Vostro - X3100)

TheFinale

19 posts in this topic

I have completed my install of Mountain Lion on my Dell Vostro 1510.

The laptop has Intel's X3100 GPU.

I am aware support for this has discontinued, but I read reports of the GPU not engaging on ML at all.

I have a working display, but my resolution is locked.

System reports that no kext is loaded.

Is this a total no hope as far as the GPU goes?

I've copied over the AppleIntel and IOGraphicsFamily Kexts, but this seems to have no effect.

Working:

USB (improvement over Lion)

Keyboard

Trackpad

Ethernet

Not Working:

Sound

WiFi

Display (Partial)

post-202536-0-72930900-1329756756_thumb.jpg

Regardless how easy a kext solution might seem, the REAL solution is going to be dealing with DSDT http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253299

Don't think it is complicated. I have already provided the file for the DSDT_fixed.txt file in the zip file I uploaded. It is very easy, takes about five minutes, and you have QE at the end of it. I haven't tested it in 10.8, but I have not reason to believe it won't work. Let me know and Enjoy!!!

--James

Sorry, but ML is a different history... QE is NOT working at all in 10.8, just a proper display resolution and vram. The reason seems to be because any QE support from the kernel to drivers is practically dead (many errors in console). I tried almost everything. Anyway, good Luck to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

gm965 x3100 worked on Mountain lion 10.8

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Untitled.tiff

• 3 months later...

As far as I have noticed its impossible to get QE/CI working in ML at the moment. ML ist 64 Bit only OS, every 32 Bit code has been stripped off.

I don't know how far we can get with the kexts from 10.6.2 as they were the only ones that had 64 Bit code inside.

I'd really like to install ML on my late 2007 Macbook but it's useless without 100% working graphics to me.

I have ML GM running on my Inspiron 1720 using the 10.6.2 video kexts. I am revisiting this thread in my search to find out if anyone has successfully ported 64-bit linux drivers to OS X. I'm still looking.

• 2 weeks later...

I have X4500MHD GPU and I use a patched X3100 kext (my device ID is 2a42) and it has 64bit code.

It's working fine on ML for native resolutions for both builtin and external displays but of course no QE/CI.

From everything I have read, the lack of QE/CI is not the only problem with X3100 on ML. Much of ML uses OpenGL 4 while the X3100 only supports OpenGL 2.1. Thus, even if 64-bit drivers are made, or a 32-bit kernel, the lack of OpenGL 4 will continue to make ML with the X3100 problematic.