Snow Leopard on Dell Latitude E6400

hungx

5 posts in this topic

I just updated my Dell Latitude E6400 (with NVIDIA Quadro graphics) to Snow Leopard 10.6.8

However, the built-in trackpad and keyboard do not work when I boot up from Chameleon (I used the latest Chameleon wizard)!! The keyboard and trackpad only work when I boot up from the XBooter CD (which was the only way for me to successfully install Snow Leopard). The battery indicator only shows up when I boot from XBooter, but does not appear when I boot up from Chameleon. The Appstore only works when I boot up from Chameleon. WiFi, Bluetooth, and the SDHC card slot do not work for both Chameleon and XBooter. I have already installed all kexts and dsdt for my model. The keyboard and trackpad stop working after an extended period of use when I boot from the XBooter CD. Also, in what position is the switch for the radio antenna to be on?

To sum it up:

Works for XBooter:

Keyboard/Trackpad (Limited functionality)

Battery Indicator (I used the Voodoo kext)

Sound

Doesn't work for XBooter:

Appstore

Works for Chameleon:

Appstore

Sound

Doesn't work for Chameleon:

Keyboard

Trackpad

Battery Indicator

Doesn't work for both Chameleon and XBooter

Wifi

Bluetooth

Mute

Please provide feedback so I can get my Hackintosh up and running. If anyone can provide feedback on how to upgrade to Lion, that would be great. I have already tried xMove, but the installation gets stuck at the Apple logo when I boot up from the installation partition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 months later...