[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

joshhh

499 posts in this topic

It's probably because you are using the Intel graphics which aren't supported as well under OSX.

You could try using this http://www.osx86.net...ics_latest.html or http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2516 - although I don't think it supports QE/CI, but it might at least allow you to boot.

Thanks for reply, but didnt help :( Still stuck.

very strange, even intel hd graphics or any other unsupported graphics cards should allow to boot in vesa mode,

but logs didn't show me anything, no errors, no messages

last option is boot with flags

-v -f -x npci=0x2000

this is safe graphics mode, a year ago it helped me to boot with unsupported version of geforce gts 450

very strange, even intel hd graphics or any other unsupported graphics cards should allow to boot in vesa mode,

but logs didn't show me anything, no errors, no messages

last option is boot with flags

-v -f -x npci=0x2000

this is safe graphics mode, a year ago it helped me to boot with unsupported version of geforce gts 450

Thanks, it helped. Now I can boot but cant change my screen resolution. I guess it is because it's a safe mod. Anyways, thanks, hope I'll manage to find a solution to make it work properly :)

I'll upload it in friday maybe with OSX simple installation guide and some other stuff

Since Lenovo has a buggy ACPI screen brightness use third party tool to setup it on OS boot

Set boot screen brightness... interesting. Could you upload this patcher?

Resolution change is possible with Switchresx tool or with some frame buffer patches/replacements that can setup few modes. Don't know much about this and Intel HD Graphics but it worked on GMA950 on my old Acer Travelmate 2480 on 10.5.8

Thanks, it helped. Now I can boot but cant change my screen resolution. I guess it is because it's a safe mod. Anyways, thanks, hope I'll manage to find a solution to make it work properly :)

Can I upgrade to 10.8.2 and copy-over your Kext? Or any other thing which I need to do?

Thank you!

Edit: even if I don't have a backup harddrive, I just installed 10.8.2 as described above:

install 10.8.2 combo update, don't reboot when it say to reboot, copied over Joshhh Kext, set chmod root:wheel to this Kext, deleted /L/C and /S/L/C, then reboot

Every that worked with 10.8.0 work with 10.8.2 :)

Hi Joss,

When I replace device (HDEF) layout on my W520 "dsdt.aml" as you adviced I will get an error - would you please have a look at the screenshot enclosed? I might be doing something wrong, excuse me please.. I'm very new to OSx86.

I've tried to place my patched dsdt.aml file to /Extra/ but OS does not pick it up (when I reboot and extract DSDT again, the content is original).

After I install AppleHDA (using kext wizard), my OS failes to start, I needs to restore to get back.

Any idea?

post-1076506-0-57001400-1348766234_thumb.png

This is original content...

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

Name (_S3D, 0x03)

Name (RID, 0x00)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x0D,

0x04

})

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)

{

Noop

}

}

Small preparations for large update again. I've patched DSDTs for nvidia capable Lenovo Thinkpads T and W series

T510 step by step patches

0_9d7c3_19507a46_XL.jpg

DSDTs for other related Thinkpads

Models affected:

T410 with NVS3100 256/512mb

W510 with Quadro 880M

W520 with Quadro 1000M and 2000M

T420 and T520 and possible 430/530 lineup will be added later

0_9d7c2_71018e5b_XL.jpg

PS. Universal patcher is almost done with little bit more functions. Release it tomorrow possible depending on job load

• Like 3

Hello Everyone,

I've installed the files and DSDT for my T410 and everything works (except VoodooHDA) for some reason without any errors. I've tried the AppleHDA for 10.7 and 10.8 with no errors what so ever and no sound. Anyone have any clues what it could be?

At least everything else works fine and speedy on my SSD :)

Appreciate all the help and good work dude!

Hi All!

Updated to 10.8.2 almost without a problems, but have an issue: when i plug an USB flash drive or USB HDD, after a couple of minutes my T510 freezes. Can't find an error in logs, but i'll try.

What can be a problem?

Hi All!

Updated to 10.8.2 almost without a problems, but have an issue: when i plug an USB flash drive or USB HDD, after a couple of minutes my T510 freezes. Can't find an error in logs, but i'll try.

What can be a problem?

Have you used the files he posted previously? Does it lockup or does it panic and can you show a screenshot if it does?

Have you used the files he posted previously? Does it lockup or does it panic and can you show a screenshot if it does?

As i said, it freezes, so i can't take a screenshot. No panic, just lockup

I have used last DSDT, but didn't tried last .dsl, DSDT Editor provides errors when compiling it and can't fix them.

4641 Warning ResourceTag smaller than Field (Tag: 8 bits, Field: 16 bits)

5258 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (ITOR)

(i think it don't know "MONITOR")

5891 Warning Reserved method should not return a value (_Q16)

10263 Warning Reserved method should not return a value (_Q15)

hm, tried now to plug and work with USB flash drives and HDD, no freezes at all...

I think it freezes when IT want to, at important and busy moments, as usual =)

Hello!

First of all, I'd like to thank Joshhh, for providing us with such an easy and straightforward way to have Mountain Lion installed in our Thinkpads (I have a t410 with 256mb nVidia graphics).

I am having some troubles, though. I'm getting some ramdom crashes in my system, for no apparent reason. Recently I've nailed it down to file operations, specially with large transfers with a lot of files, as the User's Library directory. First I noticed while copying it with Finder.app, as the system would crash, without leaving a hint in the log files. Next I tried doing it in single user mode (booting with the -s flag), getting a kernel panic, screengrabs of which I attach in this message.

I have a OCZ Vertex 4 SSD Drive(latest firmware installed), I tried both with Trim Enabler and without. I also checked the drive with Lenovo's bios' utility.

Is anyone having similar troubles? Does anyone know how to fix this?

UPDATE:

I just got some more messages in my last crash.

the messages I get are:

SerialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully (failedCommandInfo = 0x1)

(repeated 6 times)

SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding. (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState = 0x01, failedCommandInfo = 0x01)

I'm not sure if they are related to the crash, but they might add some information...

UPDATE (again):

I avoided the crashes by removing the DVD Drive, it's not an elegant solution, but I already ordered an Optical Bay hard disk caddy :-)

post-293496-13494241910593_thumb.jpg

post-293496-13494245584447_thumb.jpg

post-293496-0-37837100-1349427770_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Try this

System Preferences - Energy Saver, uncheck "put discs to sleep when possible"

Hello!

First of all, I'd like to thank Joshhh, for providing us with such an easy and straightforward way to have Mountain Lion installed in our Thinkpads (I have a t410 with 256mb nVidia graphics).

I am having some troubles, though. I'm getting some ramdom crashes in my system, for no apparent reason. Recently I've nailed it down to file operations, specially with large transfers with a lot of files, as the User's Library directory. First I noticed while copying it with Finder.app, as the system would crash, without leaving a hint in the log files. Next I tried doing it in single user mode (booting with the -s flag), getting a kernel panic, screengrabs of which I attach in this message.

I have a OCZ Vertex 4 SSD Drive(latest firmware installed), I tried both with Trim Enabler and without. I also checked the drive with Lenovo's bios' utility.

Is anyone having similar troubles? Does anyone know how to fix this?

UPDATE:

I just got some more messages in my last crash.

the messages I get are:

SerialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully (failedCommandInfo = 0x1)

(repeated 6 times)

SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding. (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState = 0x01, failedCommandInfo = 0x01)

I'm not sure if they are related to the crash, but they might add some information...

thank you for great guide Josh! your video shows completely different approach agains what I've always been doing with Uni****t ... the system's running faster, no crashes so far... but my sound, usb3, sleep mode & SD card reader does not work. Is it the way it's supposed to be or I'm missing something on my W520? I used the kext you listed here earlier (ML10.8) and placed DSDT.aml for W520 in Extra.

Tom

Avoiding to turn off the hard drive won't fix the issue :-(

It seems I have serious problems with my drive...

I'm going to try removing the DVD drive.

UPDATE:

I was able to copy the files without any crashes, by removing the DVD drive. Hopefully I have an USB Bluray reader :-)

post-293496-0-88017900-1349458744_thumb.jpg

For sound on W520 you need patched AppleHDA posted two pages before in this topic

usb3 should work with xhci.kext should be found on this forum too

sleep, don't know what is problem with it, need to compare dsdt with one from w520 topic

sd card reader on t510 model is not usb, so it won't work if w520 also have similar one

sound, usb3, sleep mode & SD card reader

thank you for great guide Josh! your video shows completely different approach agains what I've always been doing with Uni****t ... the system's running faster, no crashes so far... but my sound, usb3, sleep mode & SD card reader does not work. Is it the way it's supposed to be or I'm missing something on my W520? I used the kext you listed here earlier (ML10.8) and placed DSDT.aml for W520 in Extra.

Tom

• Like 1

Look at AHCIStorage kexts in this topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280062-waiting-for-root-device-when-kernel-cache-used-only-with-some-disks-fix/page__st__60

possible replacing it to patched ones should help

Avoiding to turn off the hard drive won't fix the issue :-(

It seems I have serious problems with my drive...

I'm going to try removing the DVD drive.

UPDATE:

I was able to copy the files without any crashes, by removing the DVD drive. Hopefully I have an USB Bluray reader :-)

Dear all,

I've a Lenovo T510 4349-AF5 but even following your guide I were not able to make all working on it. Here there are some details:

1) I installed successfully Mountain Lion 10.8.

2) I installed the required kext as from the file "Lenovo-T510-dsdt-kexts.zip" through the Kext Utility: the audio works fine but I'm not able to make my Wireless network or even the Ethernet Card working. The wireless card is an "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN" and the "Ethernet card is an Intel 82577 LM Gigabit": none of these are working.

3) I installed the DSDT

4) I installed the Chimera boot loader

5) I didn't patch the firmware, because I cannot do it (notebook is not mine!): I hope the DSDT file works even without the patch.

6) I need just the network working: that's all!

I also followed exactly the procedure in the video in this post but the network is not working.

Another problem is that after the boot, it takes a long time for the laptop to be ready to receive input from the keyboard and from the mouse: more than 3 minutes!

Is there anyone that as my same model and can help me with it?

Thanks and regards,

Internal_error