macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

If you have a copy of windows installed (uefi) or a licecd of ubuntu 12.04 or higher (uefi grub2) do dump your dsdt from one of the OSes forementioned to see what are your memory regions as of now.

Extracted my DSDT under Windows 7 and added the Strings again, but nothing changed. Still in the registry , but no Function. Any idea for that?

Zulakis, on 07 Jul 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:snapback.png

so why when i boot from usb i have

boot0: done

boot1: error

??????????????

(chameleon is installed)

Try formating and so on again. Or do you have another USB-Drive to try with?

Had this error in the past, too. Another USB-Drive did it for me

Zulakis, on 07 Jul 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:snapback.png

so why when i boot from usb i have

boot0: done

boot1: error

??????????????

(chameleon is installed)

Try this custom chameleon bootloader, which should solve boot0 boot1 problem.

if you are still having the problem then try this method in this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273500-os-x-mountain-lion-install-guide-for-dell-xps-17-l702x-optimus/page-37?do=findComment&comment=1929066

Chameleon-2.2svn-r2246.zip

Try this custom chameleon bootloader, which should solve boot0 boot1 problem.

if you are still having the problem then try this method in this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273500-os-x-mountain-lion-install-guide-for-dell-xps-17-l702x-optimus/page-37?do=findComment&comment=1929066

when i put boot1h in the root of USB, it say me the same error O_O

so i can't do the 2nd step

@ mackyreddy - Yep, its working without device properties. I have to see what patch you applied to the DSDT.

Speaking of DSDT I'm working on patching the sensors so that the Kozlek's Fakesmc works better with our system. I will upload it once its ready.

Just done... nothing

i remember same thing happened to me. If you prepared the usb correctly than try with another usb port. It happened to me that it didnt work but with one specific usb. in my case worked on the usb on right side of the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

@mackyreddy @webcivilian

Could one of you tell what is the difference between your DSDT's?

There are 2 different DSDT's ( As everyone knows one is stock DSDT with Nvidia code and another one is Nvidia OFF) in my kext pack but both are based on my work.

Only thing is both DSDT's includes few patches from Webcivilian, may be he can explain better what he patched.

As far as i know he changed HDEF layout id, BIF code for AppleSmartBattery etc.

• Like 1

@MBdip

i just reinstalled Iatkos ML2 than 10.8.4 using the guide on first post. let me break down what i did.

using iatkos ml2 dmg burned it to a usb drive via transmac app. (right click on usb drive and restore from disk image)

Changed boot from bios and enabled uefi boot. (u need modded bios for that I have A19 modded bios you can find link on this forum)

Booted from usb and installed ML2 as in mackyreddy's guide than from windows replaced ssdt + dsdt (I used regular dsdt not non-nvidia)

Booted to completed setup (entering username etc.) ML installed 10.8.4 combo update / removed unnecessary texts / installed kexts 

Installed Chameleon and all works  My system is (non-3d 2670QM / 8GB ram) got 10302 geekbench score.

(if you are having problem on boot use -v -x until you complete installation after that its not needed. PS i used the usb port on the right side of the laptop)

Only problem i have is it doesnt wake up after sleep. and it never worked for me.. Waiting for help on that :)

Flash a modded bios and it will solve itself.

I already have a modded bios ?!? should i reflash ? 

one more thing .. it doesnt remember brightness settings. Each time i reboot brightness set to maximum wonder if meantime any fix came up for it. Im on 10.8.4. 

Then your dsdt has improper mrmory regions which cause freeze upon wake. Regarding brightness - there is an nvram dylib codef for chameleom, but im nit durr it parses brightness entty properly. I had this suggested as a fix for clover dvet since dmazar addef tiano uefi support.. since version 570+, and it has worked ever since. Same on XPC bootloader since 0.90.31...

Man im drunk...

@MBdip

i just reinstalled Iatkos ML2 than 10.8.4 using the guide on first post. let me break down what i did.

using iatkos ml2 dmg burned it to a usb drive via transmac app. (right click on usb drive and restore from disk image)

Changed boot from bios and enabled uefi boot. (u need modded bios for that I have A19 modded bios you can find link on this forum)

i make a bootable usb of iAtkos ML2 with transmac, i've enabled uefi, but when i boot from usb, it say "operating system not found"

i make a bootable usb of iAtkos ML2 with transmac, i've enabled uefi, but when i boot from usb, it say "operating system not found"

Ok. what about burning a Iatkos L2 DVD and booting from there and choosing usb from boot screen.

Easiest way is download Iatkos L2, edit via transmac (add machine specific ssdt / dsdt) and save as iatkosl2safe.dmg than burn it to a DVD. Either install iatkosl2 first than use usb to install ML2 or use that DVD only to boot to usb. U can use files from the link below for L2 installation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyshqhghoc32rv8/10.7.2%20Dell%20XPS%2017%20L702x%20Kexts.rar

im a noob as you are so just saying how i managed to install. 

Hello all,

First of all thanks for this great guide and all the hard work to make hackintosh possible. I read this entire topic (all the 40 pages) but I can't get an answer on how to make the miniDP work. I have an adapter from DP to HDMI but no luck. I tried with DP to DVI as well but no luck there either. Is there any way to have my external monitor work with l702x & hackintosh? My laptop is not with 3D. I am using DSDT without nVidia, and macbook pro 8.3 smbios. From what I read in this topic I understand that 8.2 and 8.1 was also tried with no luck.

Best regards,

Daniel

SUCCES! After days and days of trying to get my external monitor to work I finally got how. I patched my DSDT with the following code from http://www.osx86.net/notebooks/18599-success-enable-vga-hdmi-video-intel-hd-3000-a.html adding and changing it to suit my hardware:

Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"AAPL00,DualLink", 
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

"AAPL,snb-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00
},

"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-2"
},

"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x16, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

0x16 was changed to match my HD3000 device ID from 0x26. Also I added

"AAPL00,DualLink", 

Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

and changed Store (Package (0x06) with Store (Package (0x08). Without this piece of code I would get my HDMI monitor to work but my laptop's LCD would stay black.

I didn't had to make any changes to SNB Framebuffer kext. That is only for VGA and is well covered by bcc9.

Hope this will help other users who had similar problems to mine.