USB 3.0 card - ASM1042 OS X drivers from Highpoint(Mac)

mitch_de

72 posts in this topic

Highpoint annonces 2 USB 3.0 cards for Mac.

http://www.highpoint...r/RU1022AM.html

Uses the ASM1042 chipset (i checked the device/vebdor id in their os x driver)

Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-08 um 13.04.36.jpg

Datasheet highpoint Mac:

http://www.hptmac.co...etU_for_Mac.pdf

http://www.highpoint...r/RU1022AM.html

This chipset is used on some PC cards also and they are very cheap (

OS X driver (up to 10.7) + info:

http://www.hptmac.co...ewtype=download

• Like 2

Doesn't work for Asus P8Z68-V Pro with ASM1042. We need some hack to remove manufacturer protection.

What happens? Have you tried to kextload it (konsole messages) ?

Also try to do that change in .plist with that ...Match keys, someone posted before.

Also check what PCI device id / vendor id is shown for your Asus P8Z68-V USB 3.0 AsMedia chipset (usings windows or OS X DPCIManager)

DPCIManager.zip

The .plist has IDs 0x10421b21.

The same IDs has P8Z68-V Pro.

What happens? Have you tried to kextload it (konsole messages) ?

Also try to do that change in .plist with that ...Match keys, someone posted before.

Nothing has happened. No response after inserting the USB device.

I don't think that the change in the plist will help, but I will check it.

The same IDs has P8Z68-V Pro.

Nothing has happened. No response after inserting the USB device.

I don't think that the change in the plist will help, but I will check it.

Look into console (system.log) if there are any messages about that kext.

Also check with kextstat (in terminal) if it got loaded (even if not working) or not.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question regarding this Highpoint board. The 1022AM model is for Mac with built-in support for RAID at hardware level. The PC counterpart, 1022A does not provide such functionality. I am attempting to use the PC board 1022A in a hackintosh since I preferably utilize software RAID readily provided by OS X.

Has anyone tried such board in a hack? The reason is pricing. The Mac model is 3 times more! But according to Highpoint, both model use the same core USB3 chipset.

I have a question regarding this Highpoint board. The 1022AM model is for Mac with built-in support for RAID at hardware level. The PC counterpart, 1022A does not provide such functionality. I am attempting to use the PC board 1022A in a hackintosh since I preferably utilize software RAID readily provided by OS X.

Has anyone tried such board in a hack? The reason is pricing. The Mac model is 3 times more! But according to Highpoint, both model use the same core USB3 chipset.

I have the same question.

HighPoint RocketU 1022A

vs

RocketU HighPoint Dual USB 3.0 for Mac

Both models look identical in closeup pictures, but may have a different hardware ID, to get the "if they really need it" crowd to make Mac support worth the effort ($$) for HighPoint.

I think it's probably worth the $17 pricetag to find out. However, if anyone has tried and failed....Definitely speak up.

I have the same question.

HighPoint RocketU 1022A

vs

RocketU HighPoint Dual USB 3.0 for Mac

Both models look identical in closeup pictures, but may have a different hardware ID, to get the "if they really need it" crowd to make Mac support worth the effort ($$) for HighPoint.

I think it's probably worth the $17 pricetag to find out. However, if anyone has tried and failed....Definitely speak up.

Yeah, kudos to you. Let us know since I have time to move on to ext. USB. Thunderbolt is not available yet!

• 2 weeks later...
Look into console (system.log) if there are any messages about that kext. Also check with kextstat (in terminal) if it got loaded (even if not working) or not.

I tried this. No joy. Kext loads fine with no errors but USB 3 hardware not recognized. I tried adding IDs to PCIPrimaryMatch and changing it to PCIMatch. Doesn't work.

I tried this. No joy. Kext loads fine with no errors but USB 3 hardware not recognized. I tried adding IDs to PCIPrimaryMatch and changing it to PCIMatch. Doesn't work.

It's funny how Highpoint markets same PC and Mac products from teh same chipset. I use a Highpoint SATA internal card (6GBs) and empoy 2 disks for RAID0. The machine runs perfectly except the card itself does not list properly in Systems. However, all the functionalities are there. What I am saying is it may not list in Systems but may well be fully functional. Take a look at teh attached graphic.

post-147443-0-38404900-1327398456_thumb.jpg

It's funny how Highpoint markets same PC and Mac products from teh same chipset. I use a Highpoint SATA internal card (6GBs) and empoy 2 disks for RAID0. The machine runs perfectly except the card itself does not list properly in Systems. However, all the functionalities are there. What I am saying is it may not list in Systems but may well be fully functional. Take a look at teh attached graphic.

Sure - it might not be identified but its still listed there as 'unknown'. With these USB 3 drivers it isn't detecting a super hi speed bus at all. Perhaps someone with more kext knowhow than me can take a look

• 4 months later...

I picked up a secondhand ET2210 and have been fiddling with 10.8 r3 today.

It seems if you install a modified caldigit driver from Here and force it to load by removing extraneous matching in the info.plist (IOPCIClassMatch 0x0c033000 only)

it will recognise the usb3 ports, at least it does on this rig.

Same with CalDigit USB3/eSATA card, the USB3 recognized in System Profiler but eSATA shows as unknown.

I guess the point of my post was that the ASM 1042 will now work on a hackintosh with a simple plist hack to allow the Caldigit driver to load.

The PXHCD kext doesn't work for this USB3 controller.

I guess the point of my post was that the ASM 1042 will now work on a hackintosh with a simple plist hack to allow the Caldigit driver to load.

The PXHCD kext doesn't work for this USB3 controller.

What did you change in the plist?

Yup the modified drivers load and show up as super speed bus in system information spose i better test if they actually work though.

Yup they actually work!

post-780955-0-92886300-1339312897_thumb.png