{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

I am having the same prob as your friend....how did u sort it out?

Cant remember what I did now, probably just ran a USB installer either from this guide, or another just to get into OSX, then ran updater from page one, nothing else needed doing after that, or, I might have in fact plugged in my HDMI tv to get an image then ran the updater..

tilda fixed for n5110

Thank you very much, its work very well for me, the scrolling is very smooth,

but i have one problem with this kext that is i can't do two finger gestures to zoom in and zoom out,

can you or anyone help me to solve this problem?

Hello all, and thanks for this fantastic guide! 

I found a solution for solve the brightness intensity at 50% on boot macosx on dell 5110, and get 100% brightness after sleep. I found in this post how to solve this, installing a script.

This is the post:

http://www.osxlatitude.com/fix-for-display-brightness-at-boot/

Sorry for my bad english! ;-)

Just installed 10.9.3 and everything is working perfectly. 

Graphics performance is noticeably improved. (It might be placebo though :P )

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone make a guide to upgrade from osx 10.9 to osx 10.10 yosemite without lose installed apps and system configrations please?

عزيزي محمد، ياريت تعمل لنا شرح لكيفية الترقية من 10.9 إلى 10.10 بدون ما نفقد برامجنا أو إعدادات النظام

في انتظارك وبارك الله فيك

Can anyone make a guide to upgrade from osx 10.9 to osx 10.10 yosemite without lose installed apps and system configrations please?

عزيزي محمد، ياريت تعمل لنا شرح لكيفية الترقية من 10.9 إلى 10.10 بدون ما نفقد برامجنا أو إعدادات النظام

You can update when it release version.

P.S: the graphic OS X 10.10 so BADDDDDLY.

Guys so here's the bullet proof simpliest guide i can write if you're using clover and already has it working with Mavericks.

I'm assuming you already know how to do a Base System based USB/HDD/Partition whatever installer:

1. Proceed with building the Installer as usual, but forget about mach_kernel, instead copy the BaseSystem.dmg and Basesystem.chunklist that are hidden in the OS X Install ESD dmg you already mounted to the root of your installer partition;

2. Create a folder called kexts in the root of the installer directory and put any needed kexts from your clover EFI partition or whatever they are;

3. Select those kexts and put them also in /System/Library/Extensions of the Installer;

4. Reboot to the installer in Single User Mode and run:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

exit

5. At this point the system may continue to load and you'll reach the installer, if it reboots just boot in to it again.

6. Install the system as usual, but do not reboot yet.

7. Close the installer and open Disk Utility select the partition where you installed Yosemite and notate the disk identifier ex: diskXsX

8. Close Disk Utility and open Terminal then run the following:

mkdir /Volumes/TEMPmount -t hfs /dev/diskXsX /Volumes/TEMP/cp -R /kexts/* /Volumes/TEMP/System/Library/Extensions/

9. Close Terminal and reboot to the partition you've installed Yosemite in Single User Mode;

10. Run the following commands again:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /
nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

exit

11. At this point the system may continue to load and you'll reach the system, if it reboots just boot in to it again.

Enjoy!

If someone found a simpler way please post, this is the way i get it working. Don't forget to thanks the guys behind Clovernetkas, @theconnactic@snatch and the InsanelyMac Family. I've just glued the pieces together.

Can anyone try this guide on Inspiron N5110 any report us the result?

Why do you want to update your main installation to a very early, potentially unstable version of an OS?!!

I would STRONGLY recommend you create a separate partition (or even more preferably an external HDD) for experimenting.

• Like 1

Why do you want to update your main installation to a very early, potentially unstable version of an OS?!!

I would STRONGLY recommend you create a separate partition (or even more preferably an external HDD) for experimenting.

يا أخي الكريم لا توجد لدي مساحة على القرص للتجربة

وأريد التحديث لأني لا أريد أن أفقد اعداداتي وبرامجي لأني تعبت في جمعها

هل يوجد طريقة لديك لعمل باك أب لكل البرامج مع بياناتها وإعدادات النظام؟

وبارك الله فيك

يا أخي الكريم لا توجد لدي مساحة على القرص للتجربة

وأريد التحديث لأني لا أريد أن أفقد اعداداتي وبرامجي لأني تعبت في جمعها

هل يوجد طريقة لديك لعمل باك أب لكل البرامج مع بياناتها وإعدادات النظام؟

وبارك الله فيك

This is NOT an update. This is a pre-release version of the OS. You'll have to reinstall once the final version is released.

You should wait till the final stable release if you wanna update and retain your data!!

If you understand the risk of using pre-release software (especially on a hackintosh), then feel free to use any guide here on the forum using the same files from this thread. Just don't cry if you crash your system and lose all data.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

This is NOT an update. This is a pre-release version of the OS. You'll have to reinstall once the final version is released.

You should wait till the final stable release if you wanna update and retain your data!!

If you understand the risk of using pre-release software (especially on a hackintosh), then feel free to use any guide here on the forum using the same files from this thread. Just don't cry if you crash your system and lose all data.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

طيب هدي أعصابك شوي يا أخي احنا مش داخلين في حرب

حبيت استفسر مش أكثر

أنا سألتك سؤال بآخر مشاركتي السابقة

وهو هل يمكن عمل باك أب للبرامج مع بياناتها وكذلك لإعدادت النظام

بحيث استعيد كل شيء بعد تنصيب 10.10

ياريت تفيدني إذا كان عندك علم عن الموضوع

وبارك الله فيك

طيب هدي أعصابك شوي يا أخي احنا مش داخلين في حرب

حبيت استفسر مش أكثر

أنا سألتك سؤال بآخر مشاركتي السابقة

وهو هل يمكن عمل باك أب للبرامج مع بياناتها وكذلك لإعدادت النظام

بحيث استعيد كل شيء بعد تنصيب 10.10

ياريت تفيدني إذا كان عندك علم عن الموضوع

وبارك الله فيك

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound angry.  :blush:

I just saw that you're very keen on updating and "retaining your data" and thought I'd give you a clear warning and tell you this is a very bad idea.

Yes, its possible to update from Mavericks to Yosemite and retain data by just installing the update to the mavericks partition. (not a backup/restore as you want).

There are many different guides around this forum and other forums describing the process - all are experimental so far.

Be careful, if the update fails, you'll probably lose everything. 

Have a nice day :)

• Like 1

I just saw that you're very keen on updating and "retaining your data" and thought I'd give you a clear warning and tell you this is a very bad idea.

Yes, its possible to update from Mavericks to Yosemite and retain data by just installing the update to the mavericks partition. (not a backup/restore as you want).

There are many different guides around this forum and other forums describing the process - all are experimental so far.

لا داعي للإعتذار يا أخي الكريم

شكراً جزيلاً لك

بارك الله فيك وجزاك الله خيراً

i just installed it yesterday 

using UEFI Clover

i said that i will write new guide based on UEFI 

but really i am busy but i will try to write new guide as soon as possible

and this new guide will be with new method and may wait till final golden master release 

post-378955-0-85941500-1401897844_thumb.png

• Like 2

using UEFI Clover

and this new guide will be with new method and may wait till final golden master release 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-04 at 7.01.56 PM.png

What are your initial thoughts on 10.10, mainly the appearance, I notice its flatter, does it feel better, I worry everything will look too retro lol

using UEFI Clover

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-04 at 7.01.56 PM.png

ياريت يا أخي تعمل لنا شرح سريع للطريقه لو حتى مجرد كلام بالعربي

وبكون لك شاكر

أنا نزلت الـ 10.10 على نفس القرص اللي كان عليه 10.9 بدون فورمات

والحمد لله ربنا وفقني وما انحذفت البيانات والبرامج

كل شيء مثل ما كان

:)

I install 10.10 over the same drive that i install 10.9 without format! and all my data and files and programs remain without any lose!

• Like 1

i have a strange problem :(

my battery icon not displaying!

but when i do the following:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /
chmod -R 755 ACPIBatteryManager.kext
chown -R root:wheel ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kextload -v ACPIBatteryManager.kext
exit

the icon appear untill i restart my laptop! and when i start my laptop again my battery not displaying again!

Can you help me please

i have a strange problem :(

my battery icon not displaying!

but when i do the following:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /
chmod -R 755 ACPIBatteryManager.kext
chown -R root:wheel ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kextload -v ACPIBatteryManager.kext
exit

the icon appear untill i restart my laptop! and when i start my laptop again my battery not displaying again!

Can you help me please

repair permissions using disk utility

in terminal type:

sudo -s

touch /system/library/extensions

and don't forget to boot using "kext-dev-mode=1"

repair permissions using disk utility

in terminal type:

sudo -s

touch /system/library/extensions

and don't forget to boot using "kext-dev-mode=1"

شكرا جزيلا لك