MacBook Pro Runs Windows Vista Better Than "Native" Laptops?

unstatusthequo

9 posts in this topic

Nice little article about the MBP prowess:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...p;intsrc=kc_top

Excerpt:

Using the "Windows Experience Index," which is included with Vista and designed to give computer users a sense of how well their hardware runs the new operating system's "Aero" GUI, my Vaio scored a 3.6 (out of a possible score of 5). The lowest measure was for gaming graphics. Good thing I'm not a gamer.

My MacBook Pro features a 2.16-GHz dual-core Core Duo processor, a 7,200-rpm hard drive, 2GB of RAM and 256MB of dedicated video RAM. Using the Windows Experience Index, I found that the MacBook Pro got a score of 4.7, no doubt aided by the dual-core chip and better ATI video card. (Gaming graphics, for example, were rated at 4.7 on the MacBook Pro.)

Have you actually read the article? :

the MacBook Pro I bought in May is better equipped to run Vista than the Sony Vaio I bought less than a year ago ... (Vaio) with a Pentium M
The fact is that you could now get a Core Duo or even a Core 2 Duo laptop with ATI or Nvdia graphics for $800 to $1400 that will exceed the power of the MacBook Pro he bought in May... but that won't be a fair comparison either.

Well Mac's are just normal computers. I'm not sure I understand why everyone is treating them differently. They all run on the same chipsets as any other Core Duo and Core 2 Duo computers. They don't get a speed advantage just because they're a Mac..o.o

:happymac: