VoodooHDA - common problems

oldnapalm

178 posts in this topic

But As You see in my post, I have exactly the same VoodoHDA plist - with two personalities which in real world doesn't work .I get in system preferences>Sound to see the HDMI out , but no sound. Also VoodoHDA prefer pane show 4 HDMI out, but in Sound system preferences only selectable first one , and therefore no Sound.

Any other Idea

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering what exactly you mean by "use Sound Flower". I have downloaded sound flower and now I have 2 input and output devices for Sound Flower 2 channel/16 channel, however if they are selected no sound plays from my system. How exactly is Sound Flower supposed to help stop audio lag?

Sorry for my ignorance, I figured out how to use Sound Flower Bed to use for the system audio. However, this did nothing to alleviate the problems with audio choppiness I have been having (1~2 sec delay after pressing Volume +/-, and skipping every few seconds when playing song/video) :(

Also, deleting the 2 plists in /Library/Preferences/Audio and rebooting only stops my card from being acknowledged by VoodooHDA at all.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

oldnapalm, thanks again for this thread. I finally got around to patching my audio, but I don't know that I'm doing it correctly. I used getDump to find the info and then I tried to add NodesToPatch to enable other outputs/inputs. However, there is no change in Sys Prefs nor in the dump. Would you be able to help me?

Here is my getDump and my VoodooHDA plist

getDump Output.rtf

Info.plist.zip

You have to add one dict for each node to patch, example

<key>NodesToPatch</key>
<array>
    <dict>
		    <key>Codec</key>
		    <integer>0</integer>
		    <key>Config</key>
		    <string>0x01019030</string>
		    <key>Node</key>
		    <integer>11</integer>
    </dict>
    <dict>
		    <key>Codec</key>
		    <integer>0</integer>
		    <key>Config</key>
		    <string>0x01011040</string>
		    <key>Node</key>
		    <integer>12</integer>
    </dict>
    <dict>
		    <key>Codec</key>
		    <integer>0</integer>
		    <key>Config</key>
		    <string>0x01016050</string>
		    <key>Node</key>
		    <integer>15</integer>
    </dict>
</array>

I just tested the separate dicts; for some reason the headphones port mysteriously work even though it doesn't show up in Sys Prefs (I didn't even patch the headphones node...), and the line-in port works, too, although the mic and line-in are not showing up as separate inputs. I'll try removing a DSDT thing I added when I was patching AppleHDA and see if anything changes for my other outputs.

Hello oldnapalm and thread members, please can you tell me what has happened to the Google code project/pages for this? The code doesn't exist and I don't know where to get it from. I am trying to make my AD1981HD card [8086:27d8] work (Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller) on an older Toshiba and Snow Leopard 10.6.8, so I wish to find the very latest compiled version that supports this card and also has fixed the wake-click-sound that I have been reading in the past. Where is the official project/download page?

Thank you in advance!

I just tested the separate dicts; for some reason the headphones port mysteriously work even though it doesn't show up in Sys Prefs (I didn't even patch the headphones node...), and the line-in port works, too, although the mic and line-in are not showing up as separate inputs. I'll try removing a DSDT thing I added when I was patching AppleHDA and see if anything changes for my other outputs.

Nodes with same default association (and different sequence) will work as auto-detect, they just don't show up in system preferences at the same time. Node with sequence zero will work if the other with same default association doesn't have a jack connected.

Hello oldnapalm and thread members, please can you tell me what has happened to the Google code project/pages for this? The code doesn't exist and I don't know where to get it from. I am trying to make my AD1981HD card [8086:27d8] work (Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller) on an older Toshiba and Snow Leopard 10.6.8, so I wish to find the very latest compiled version that supports this card and also has fixed the wake-click-sound that I have been reading in the past. Where is the official project/download page?

Thank you in advance!

Check the "official topic" link on first post.

You can probably google a VoodooHDA .pkg. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] contains older builds, but you can try to find 2.7.2. If you can't find it, I can upload it.

oldnapalm, I have the nodes patched with diffferent default association and sequence (all sequences are 0) and still nothing works. What can I do? It's almost as if Voodoo's ignoring the plist...

Updating the caches did the trick... :blush:

Thank you again oldnapalm for this wonderful guide!! Now I have a perfect hackintosh!! :D To top it off, I have a lot of knowledge on audio codec patching, too (learning is always the best part:)).

Actually, not quite perfect yet...

What I want to do is use several sets of speakers connected to different outputs at the same time; I don't necessarily need 5.1 or 7.1 (although that would be nice). Right now I can only select one in System Preferences - and when I tried to create an aggregate device, for some reason only one output would be used, there would be horrible crackling, and I can't change the volume (from the menu bar or volume keys). What can I do?

• 1 month later...

Hello. After weeks of reading, understanding and trying to get voodoohda to work perfectly on ALC260 sound chip i came here to ask for help. My problem i that i cant get Line out and headphones to work at the same time, nor make them auto detect... in sound options i allways see only one output the one that i give the first default association. I have a built in speaker too, but no mater what i do i can only get one output... the output that is set to the first in default association

codec_dump.txt

ext_codec_dump.txt

linux_codec_dump.txt

plist.txt

Hello everyone,

My configuration is this :

I7 930

Asus P6X58D-Premium

WD Velociraptor 150 GB

Altri Western Digital interni

ATI 5850 scheda video reference

Monitor Asus ML229H

Ali Cooler Master 850W

I have one problem :

with my setup works but the sound is inaudible, the background noise is a very strong and is not caused by interference or other because with windows it works fine, I refer not only to speakers but also connect any external device to the jack , as the headphones.

I've installed kext voodoo 2.7.2......., the available latest version of iaktos L2.

I can not solve the problem, I formatted more than 20 times in 3 days, every time I change kext I have to reinstall the system. the rest works great.

Forgive my English, I'm Italian :)

Did you try enabling SSE2 in the prefpane or enabling Vectorize in the plist?

Panel shows HDMI only, all settings there are inactive. Vectorize in plist gives nothing. Also I can hear loud background hissing.

Hello everyone,

My configuration is this :

I7 930

Asus P6X58D-Premium

WD Velociraptor 150 GB

Altri Western Digital interni

ATI 5850 scheda video reference

Monitor Asus ML229H

Ali Cooler Master 850W

I have one problem :

with my setup works but the sound is inaudible, the background noise is a very strong and is not caused by interference or other because with windows it works fine, I refer not only to speakers but also connect any external device to the jack , as the headphones.

I've installed kext voodoo 2.7.2......., the available latest version of iaktos L2.

I can not solve the problem, I formatted more than 20 times in 3 days, every time I change kext I have to reinstall the system. the rest works great.

Forgive my English, I'm Italian :)

Can anyone help me ?

Well, check in Sound preferences - can you see any ports?

If so, try enabling the HalfVolume fix. Don't forget to run Kext Utility or other program to update kext caches.