nForce OS X Lion (10.7) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

Lion on nForce + Intel CPU MOBO in Desktop  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you successfully installed a working, bootable Lion system?

• Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter
    • Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume
    • No, none of the above methods has worked for me
    • I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to go over to the "light" side....Intel chipset MOBO.....
    • I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to buy a "real" Mac
    • Are you running 10.7.x successfully , having auto-updated without any problems?
    • Are all the standard Apple applications running OK?
  2. 2. Would you say that your Lion system is working to your satisfaction (e.g. compared to Snow Leopard)

• 100% on
    • Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i
    • Series 6 - 650i, 680i
    • 90% on
    • Series 6 - 650i or 680i
    • 80% on
    • 70% on
    • 60% on
    • 50% on
    • < 50% on
    • Acceptably on 610i or 630i
  3. 3. Is your Lion system working 100% on

• SATA HDD
    • SATA DVDRW including burning disks
    • PATA (IDE) HDD
    • PATA (IDE) DVDRW including burning disks
    • Video
    • Onboard LAN (Ethernet)
    • USB devices (mounting/unmounting), plus USB keyboard and USB mouse
    • Firewire
    • PS/2 keyboard and mouse
    • Audio including Front Panel headphones and microphone
    • Audio except Front Panel headphones
    • Audio except Front Panel microphone
    • Sleep including waking from sleep
    • PCI NIC
    • eSATA
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • Time Machine
    • Overclocking
    • Auto Software Update e.g. to 10.7.x

436 posts in this topic

@Vinnymac

I dont know what to say.. :D Anyways congratulations for getting sound with LegacyHDA kext.. :(:thumbsup_anim:

@Verdant, @iLeopod, @Vinnymac

sound not working with AppleHDA 10.6.7 (1.9.9f12) + LegacyHDA or ALC885. Though, upto 10.6.7 AppleHDA is same.

@iLeopod

Do you have any idea of patching AppleHDA >2.0 to work with nforce boards.

As per VCH888 post ALC889A/885 doesnt require to be patched only add Platform.xml and Layout885.xml with ALC885_889a.kext (replacing LegacyHDA/ALC885). But, that method is not working on nforce boards.

I have this problem for quite a while

After the console prints the Nforce HDD drivers and stuff i get stuck on USBMSC Identifier non-unique it just stops there and then nothing happens i waited for 20 minutes but still nothing

can you guys please help me out?

Verdant, I've decided to switch to a USB interface for audio. Seems slightly more stable than firewire, but i'm still getting random freezes. This baffles me, because I use USB keyboard, mouse, and flash drives without any issue at all. The apogee lion driver is still a beta.

To recap, the problem with a firewire interface is that if it's connected at bootup, I get the spinning ball before the desktop loads. If connected after, it will freeze at a random time with the spinning ball.

With USB interface, I can boot into lion just fine. Nothing freezes, everything is great. But at a random time, the OS will freeze with the spinning ball. This only happens when the audio interface is connected. Product is an Apogee Duet 2 USB.

Now like I said, the driver is still beta. Maybe this is the problem. I'm not sure. But also, it seems that google chrome browser freezes the system randomly too. But nothing ever freezes if I boot with cpus=1.

Verdant, I've decided to switch to a USB interface for audio. Seems slightly more stable than firewire, but i'm still getting random freezes. This baffles me, because I use USB keyboard, mouse, and flash drives without any issue at all. The apogee lion driver is still a beta.

To recap, the problem with a firewire interface is that if it's connected at bootup, I get the spinning ball before the desktop loads. If connected after, it will freeze at a random time with the spinning ball.

With USB interface, I can boot into lion just fine. Nothing freezes, everything is great. But at a random time, the OS will freeze with the spinning ball. This only happens when the audio interface is connected. Product is an Apogee Duet 2 USB.

Now like I said, the driver is still beta. Maybe this is the problem. I'm not sure. But also, it seems that google chrome browser freezes the system randomly too. But nothing ever freezes if I boot with cpus=1.

I do all my heavy data transfers over Firewire and USB by temporarily booting with cpus=1 maxmem=2048, then when the transfer is complete I reboot as normal........

If you temporarily boot manually with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 when installing the app, or for doing large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......and then afterwards, you reboot as normal.......everything is generally OK again, including making full use of all CPU cores by running applications now using the transferred data......

It is not as bad as you think.....data transfers do not need all 4 cores running at 100%, since it is the MCP (Southbridge chipset) that is controlling the data transfer rate from USB/Firewire/eSATA/SATA/IDE to SATA/IDE and vice versa....see chipset architectures in my two nForce chipset threads.......

Even using an AppleNForceATA kext that enables the use of >3GB RAM without any problems for 99% of the time, there still seem to be some apps that cause memory addressing kernel panics either during installation or during large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......

I have this problem for quite a while

After the console prints the Nforce HDD drivers and stuff i get stuck on USBMSC Identifier non-unique it just stops there and then nothing happens i waited for 20 minutes but still nothing

can you guys please help me out?

Is this occurring when trying to install OS X Lion using a USB flash driver installer or some other method, or when booting OS X Lion already installed on your HDD......? Please elaborate on how and when this issue is occuring.......

I do all my heavy data transfers over Firewire and USB by temporarily booting with cpus=1 maxmem=2048, then when the transfer is complete I reboot as normal........

If you temporarily boot manually with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 when installing the app, or for doing large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......and then afterwards, you reboot as normal.......everything is generally OK again, including making full use of all CPU cores by running applications now using the transferred data......

It is not as bad as you think.....data transfers do not need all 4 cores running at 100%, since it is the MCP (Southbridge chipset) that is controlling the data transfer rate from USB/Firewire/eSATA/SATA/IDE to SATA/IDE and vice versa....see chipset architectures in my two nForce chipset threads.......

Even using an AppleNForceATA kext that enables the use of >3GB RAM without any problems for 99% of the time, there still seem to be some apps that cause memory addressing kernel panics either during installation or during large data file transfers e.g. video/audio files......

Is this occurring when trying to install OS X Lion using a USB flash driver installer or some other method, or when booting OS X Lion already installed on your HDD......? Please elaborate on how and when this issue is occuring.......

yes but the interface also enables audio output which would mean that if I wanted to listen to anything through the unit, I'd have to always be in single CPU mode.

Can you possibly look at my DSDT to see if you think there are any issues? I honestly feel that it's fine but I would appreciate it. I also appreciate everything you've already done to help me. You've been a huge help. Perhaps a PCIe USB 3.0 card would help? dsdt.aml.zip

This happens when try to install lion on an nforce 650i chipset using a usb flash drive.

yes but the interface also enables audio output which would mean that if I wanted to listen to anything through the unit, I'd have to always be in single CPU mode.

Can you possibly look at my DSDT to see if you think there are any issues? I honestly feel that it's fine but I would appreciate it. I also appreciate everything you've already done to help me. You've been a huge help. Perhaps a PCIe USB 3.0 card would help? dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks for your appreciation of my help........ :(

I will check your DSDT.........in this particular case, it could just be because the Lion driver is still only in beta stage......what happens when you increase / decrease the Apogee Duet 2's buffer size.......?

Are you powering the Apogee Duet 2 USB via its AC adapter? If not, I suggest you try the AC adapter, so that the USB port you connect to is only lightly "loaded"......

Some USB ports while not indicating 'current limit exceeded' will be pushed to their "limit".......are you connecting to a front or back panel USB port? Generally for powered USB devices, I find that my back USB ports function better.....

This happens when try to install lion on an nforce 650i chipset using a usb flash drive.

OK.........firstly, can you confirm that you have done the following (as per post#1 Part B.):

In Terminal type:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions 
sudo touch /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions

followed by

sudo chflags nouchg /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
exit

[10] Close all open folders within the Mac OS X Base System folder and in the Terminal type:

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System

[11] Close Terminal and then go to /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and delete the files within Startup….

IOKitPersonalities_i386.ioplist.gz

IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz

kernelcache

KextPropertyValues_OSBundleHelper_i386.plist.gz

KextPropertyValues_OSBundleHelper_x86_64.plist.gz

@silentsaint

Here is your 'cleaned up' DSDT.aml with _WAK fix and RTC fix: SilentSaint_Fixed_DSDT.zip

I have not done any other mods until we see how you get on with this version......also I do not have the time to do further mods at present as I have to go offline for a period.......

Here is your patched DSDT.aml which may or may not help with your USB and/or Firewire issues......

Let me know how you get on with it , or not......... SilentSaint_Patched_DSDT.zip

Edited by verdant

Verdant,

Wish me luck :) I'm going to attempt Mac OS X Lion on my X1700 tomorrow.

According to the HCL someone already has achieved it but was barely elaborated, I'll be first to elaborate on it!

Hope it all goes well......... :)

Thank you for the fixed and patched DSDT. Unfortunately, neither fixed the issue. Also, connecting the unit with the power adapter makes no difference. I'm starting to believe that the problem lies with apogee's mixing software, so maybe once the driver is out of beta it will work with all four cores.

I just really don't understand how it can work with one processing core absolutely perfectly, but not with all four. I mean, the hardware doesn't change at all. Do you think that maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have GTLREF lane voltages set?

Would you suggest a USB 3.0 PCIe card? Or do you not think that would help any?

I also read in another thread a long time ago that someone had random freezes with a dual core cpu and both cores active and the problem was with the onboard LAN? Do you think that could be the problem here? The LAN works 100% though as long as I don't have my interface plugged in. Everything works perfectly with 4 cores when my interface isn't plugged in. And that was my whole purpose for installing OSX, was to make music and be able to buy Apple-only hardware.

If you can't think of any solution, i may just try to buy a board with an intel chipset. maybe a p45. But i will of course still donate to the nforce cause, because of all of your excellent help.

Thank you for the fixed and patched DSDT. Unfortunately, neither fixed the issue. Also, connecting the unit with the power adapter makes no difference. I'm starting to believe that the problem lies with apogee's mixing software, so maybe once the driver is out of beta it will work with all four cores.

I just really don't understand how it can work with one processing core absolutely perfectly, but not with all four. I mean, the hardware doesn't change at all. Do you think that maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have GTLREF lane voltages set?

Would you suggest a USB 3.0 PCIe card? Or do you not think that would help any?

I also read in another thread a long time ago that someone had random freezes with a dual core cpu and both cores active and the problem was with the onboard LAN? Do you think that could be the problem here? The LAN works 100% though as long as I don't have my interface plugged in. Everything works perfectly with 4 cores when my interface isn't plugged in. And that was my whole purpose for installing OSX, was to make music and be able to buy Apple-only hardware.

Could you try without having GTLREF lane voltages set.....?

I am not sure USB 3.0 would be of any help as it uses a non-Apple driver I believe.....

You could [1] try disabling onboard Firewire and LAN........then use a OS X Lion compatible PCI or PCIe NIC.....or [2] try a OS X Lion compatible USB 2.0 PCI or PCIe I/O card......

Yes, I will try without the voltages set.

I know it's probably not your area of expertise, but if I did switch to an intel mobo with new ram, would I have to reinstall lion completely? Or could I just swap it out and generate a new DSDT? I'm honestly intrigued because I want DDR3 ram anyway, and I could get a new board and new ram for around $160 USD. From what I understand, the intel bridges are far more compatible than the nvidia ones.

I'll let you know about the GTLREF lanes.

about an hour in with GTLREF lanes set to 0.

four terminal windows running yes > /dev/null

two 1080p youtube videos playing simultaneously

itunes, VLC, and apogee mixing software open

so far, no freeze. keep your fingers crossed for me!

Yes, I will try without the voltages set.

I know it's probably not your area of expertise, but if I did switch to an intel mobo with new ram, would I have to reinstall lion completely? Or could I just swap it out and generate a new DSDT? I'm honestly intrigued because I want DDR3 ram anyway, and I could get a new board and new ram for around $160 USD. From what I understand, the intel bridges are far more compatible than the nvidia ones.

I'll let you know about the GTLREF lanes.

5 minutes in with GTLREF lanes set to 0.

four terminal windows running yes > /dev/null

two 1080p youtube videos playing simultaneously

itunes, VLC, and apogee mixing software open

so far, no freeze. keep your fingers crossed for me!

Re switch to Intel MOBO......you could do it as follows.........

[1] Install target OS X HDD for new Intel MOBO in your nForce PC and format it as GPT/HFS+ using Disk Utility

[2] Clone current OS X Lion system on to it using Carbon Copy Cloner, or Disk Utility

[3] On the cloned GPT/HFS+ volume, remove kexts from /E/E/ for nForce MOBOs and add any your research indicates that your new Intel MOBO will need, e.g., Legacy kext for audio, SleepEnabler.kext or whatever, etc......do likewise for /S/L/E......

[4] Check if your new Intel MOBO is listed in MaLd0n's DSDT Auto Patcher and download the patched DSDT......then replace nForce DSDT.aml on cloned volume with the Intel DSDT.aml file....

[5] Run RC5 Chameleon Installer and install boot files on the target OS X HDD for new Intel MOBO

[6] Replace nForce MOBO with Intel MOBO in PC and connect up to the newly prepared HDD and boot into OS X........

Update on GTLREF lanes set to 0.....?

about an hour in now, and everything is still stable. I'm almost afraid to update you, because everything is working perfectly. If it was going to crash, I feel like it would've by now (because in the past, it was always within 10 minutes)

Update me when you have no doubts about it crashing just as you type "no crash yet".......LOL

seems to be working perfectly. crazy to think that a setting of 65mv could de-stabalize a system that way.

this has been long overdue, THANK YOU SO MUCH VERDANT. Seriously, I've learned so much from you. Thank you a hundred times over.

I'm gonna leave my PC on with a stress test while I go to work for the next 7-8 hours, but I'm hoping all will be fine when I return.

Also, to clarify for anyone else who may be having the same issues as me (doubtful), I didn't set each lane to 0, just set it to "Auto". In my case, the automatic setting puts lanes 0,2 and 3 at 0mv, and lane 1 at +65mv. (which, if i'm thinking correctly, is the data bus for cores 2 and 3.)

seems to be working perfectly. crazy to think that a setting of 65mv could de-stabalize a system that way.

this has been long overdue, THANK YOU SO MUCH VERDANT. Seriously, I've learned so much from you. Thank you a hundred times over.

I'm gonna leave my PC on with a stress test while I go to work for the next 7-8 hours, but I'm hoping all will be fine when I return.

Also, to clarify for anyone else who may be having the same issues as me (doubtful), I didn't set each lane to 0, just set it to "Auto". In my case, the automatic setting puts lanes 0,2 and 3 at 0mv, and lane 1 at +65mv. (which, if i'm thinking correctly, is the data bus for cores 2 and 3.)

Your appreciation for my help is very much appreciated.......thank you...... :wacko:

I hope your stress test shows that the Apogee Duet 2 USB is now working fine.......and thus shows that the nForce chipset is not the cause of every issue nForce MOBO owners face.......

so I came home from work and everything was still working perfectly. I decided to open up logic to view a song I had been working on, and that's when the system froze. I think it was because I had itunes and logic open at the same time, though. Because I just rebooted and started logic up without issue. I'm hoping that this week everything will remain stable, because, honestly, I don't want to part ways with this board. I've had it for so long and put so much time into making it work.

so I came home from work and everything was still working perfectly. I decided to open up logic to view a song I had been working on, and that's when the system froze. I think it was because I had itunes and logic open at the same time, though. Because I just rebooted and started logic up without issue. I'm hoping that this week everything will remain stable, because, honestly, I don't want to part ways with this board. I've had it for so long and put so much time into making it work.

That is good news.......;)

As for the system, how often is it that you would need to be using Logic and iTunes at the same time?....there are ways to accommodate the quirks of any MOBO and still be productive.......:)

That is good news....... :)

As for the system, how often is it that you would need to be using Logic and iTunes at the same time?....there are ways to accommodate the quirks of any MOBO and still be productive....... :)

Those wouldn't need to be running at the same time usually. However, the problems have crept back in. System is no longer stable on 4 cores. Random freezes when the Duet is connected. It looks like I will have to swap to an intel board after all ;) I really wish I could just use 1 cpu core, but whats the point of having a quad core. Plus, I need the processing power for rendering effects and such. All I want to change is the RAM and MOBO itself, will I have to reinstall lion or can I just modify my lion install (kexts and such) to work on the new board and then plug in the hard drives and boot from there? I would like to avoid reinstaling if that is possible.

Those wouldn't need to be running at the same time usually. However, the problems have crept back in. System is no longer stable on 4 cores. Random freezes when the Duet is connected. It looks like I will have to swap to an intel board after all :D I really wish I could just use 1 cpu core, but whats the point of having a quad core. Plus, I need the processing power for rendering effects and such. All I want to change is the RAM and MOBO itself, will I have to reinstall lion or can I just modify my lion install (kexts and such) to work on the new board and then plug in the hard drives and boot from there? I would like to avoid reinstaling if that is possible.

Do you have to have all cores running when the Duet is connected......? Or, could you disconnect the Duet when needing to use all cores for rendering etc.....?

Did you see my earlier post on how I think you could do a Intel MOBO + RAM swap without a reinstall.....

I would need to have the duet connected when rendering (since I do real-time renders). I did not see that post, but I do now. Thank you so much, I'll let you know how it goes when the board and new RAM come in.

Interested to know if it all works out for you as hoped...... :D

Hey Verdant. After many hours, I was able to get the motherboard in working order (damn intel push pins connectors for heatsinks, lol ). I got KP's on boot from not having NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (dumb mistake on my part). Then, the bootable USB would get stuck on PCI configuration begin. But I was able to fix both of those issues. I loaded into a minimal enviroment (-v -f cpus=1 maxmem=2048 arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000) and extracted DSDT, applied patches, and went to compile it. The system then rebooted itself randomly. I figured this was just due to the fact that the DSDT was not properly configured, so I saved the extracted DSDT.dsl file, and then compiled it on windows. No errors and no warnings, so I ported that back over to the lion drive and booted up. Chameleon loaded the DSDT, and lion booted up (faster than ever, suprisingly.) Graphics were fully enabled at 1920x1080. I was so happy. However, networking was not functioning. So I downloaded lnx2mac's driver for the realtek 8111D, copied it over to the lion drive, and began to run the package. The machine rebooted immediately as it was opening the package installer. So there we are, the new board looks pretty and runs slightly cooler, but randomly reboots itself for reasons unknown to me. I attached the DSDT.aml file that I'm using. (Keep in mind, however, the computer would reboot even when a DSDT wasn't loaded) Since that did occur, it's leading me to believe it's a bios-related error on my part.

Bios is set to AHCI native mode. C1E is enabled, as well as various other things I figured I would require for speedstepping. (TM2, EIST) HPET is set to 64-bit mode. ACPI is set to S3(STR). Virtualization is disabled. As far as i can tell, XD is disabled (although I don't see an option for it.) Do you think it's resetting because I'm running the RAM at 1600mhz? It's designed to run at that speed without overclocking, so I'm not sure why that would be a problem. Timings and voltages are set 100% to the manufacturers specs.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated, because this is driving me nuts (lol)

DSDT.aml.zip

motherboard is a gigabyte s-series GA-p45t-ES3G (P45 northbridge, ICH10 southbridge) with a Q9300 cpu [at 3.0ghz so that the RAM and the FSB are at 1:1 (1600mhz)] now with 8GB of DDR3 RAM at 9-9-9-24 1.5V.

I know this is probably more geared towards one of the intel guys, but if it's an obvious thing I'm overlooking, maybe you can spot it, since you've been a genius throughout this whole process :)

Hey Verdant. After many hours, I was able to get the motherboard in working order (damn intel push pins connectors for heatsinks, lol ). I got KP's on boot from not having NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (dumb mistake on my part). Then, the bootable USB would get stuck on PCI configuration begin. But I was able to fix both of those issues. I loaded into a minimal enviroment (-v -f cpus=1 maxmem=2048 arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000) and extracted DSDT, applied patches, and went to compile it. The system then rebooted itself randomly. I figured this was just due to the fact that the DSDT was not properly configured, so I saved the extracted DSDT.dsl file, and then compiled it on windows. No errors and no warnings, so I ported that back over to the lion drive and booted up. Chameleon loaded the DSDT, and lion booted up (faster than ever, suprisingly.) Graphics were fully enabled at 1920x1080. I was so happy. However, networking was not functioning. So I downloaded lnx2mac's driver for the realtek 8111D, copied it over to the lion drive, and began to run the package. The machine rebooted immediately as it was opening the package installer. So there we are, the new board looks pretty and runs slightly cooler, but randomly reboots itself for reasons unknown to me. I attached the DSDT.aml file that I'm using. (Keep in mind, however, the computer would reboot even when a DSDT wasn't loaded) Since that did occur, it's leading me to believe it's a bios-related error on my part.

Bios is set to AHCI native mode. C1E is enabled, as well as various other things I figured I would require for speedstepping. (TM2, EIST) HPET is set to 64-bit mode. ACPI is set to S3(STR). Virtualization is disabled. As far as i can tell, XD is disabled (although I don't see an option for it.) Do you think it's resetting because I'm running the RAM at 1600mhz? It's designed to run at that speed without overclocking, so I'm not sure why that would be a problem. Timings and voltages are set 100% to the manufacturers specs.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated, because this is driving me nuts (lol)

DSDT.aml.zip

motherboard is a gigabyte s-series GA-p45t-ES3G (P45 northbridge, ICH10 southbridge) with a Q9300 cpu [at 3.0ghz so that the RAM and the FSB are at 1:1 (1600mhz)] now with 8GB of DDR3 RAM at 9-9-9-24 1.5V.

I know this is probably more geared towards one of the intel guys, but if it's an obvious thing I'm overlooking, maybe you can spot it, since you've been a genius throughout this whole process :D

As you know from your nForce 680i chipset MOBO in BIOS, Execute Disable Bit option in BIOS should be set to [Enabled]......guess what Intel call Execute Disable Bit or eXecute Disable Bit......yes, you guessed it.....XD bit....so set XD to [Enabled] in BIOS......

I have not seen your BIOS options but typically for OS X without SpeedStepping set up, the key BIOS settings are:

CPU Internal Thermal Control [AUTO]

Limit CPUID MaxVal [DISABLED]

Enhanced C1 (C1E) [DISABLED]

Execute Disable Bit [ENABLED]

Virtualization Technology [DISABLED] Does not appear to make a difference whether ENABLED or DISABLED.

Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology [DISABLED]

I am looking at your DSDT.aml file now......

Here are your RTC, PIC, TMR fixed dsdt files:RTC_PIC_TMR_Fixed_DSDT.zip

I have not patched it for Device (LPCB) for Intel SpeedStepping because although I believe Gigabyte DSDTs use Device (PX40) for the LPC Bridge, you need to confirm this for your MOBO......likewise, I have not done any changes for cosmetic reasons, or any other changes you may find are required.....

Enough one-off help with Intel chipset MOBO stuff......I am suffering nForce chipset withdrawal symptoms..... :)

Edited by verdant