[GUIDE] Dell Studio 1558 ATI 5470 Core i7 - What I've got working so far

lifelike27

227 posts in this topic

I Followed u r instruction... Finally I got kernel panic -x also didnt work!!! Man u made my day... Again I wanted to install everything from scratch....

Sometimes, even though you get kps, keep rebooting. I've noticed that different kexts cause my kps and after few reboots it boots up fine.

Hi

I try different ATI Config.

When I Hoolock so it shows me that I connected VGA output.

Or when trying Zonalis so I was also detect a VGA output.

why it detects the VGA output when not connected

What is the best aticonfig to HDMI

Thanks for understanding.

small-logo.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this dual booted with the Windows 8 Beta, its working pretty sick, only thing is macdrive isn't yet compatible with Windows 8. Im going to wait to at least DP2 or 3 for Mountain Lion though.

Sweet! I've had the Dev Preview for Windows 8 for quite a while, but I'm not really interested in installing it or re-downloading the Consumer Preview either. Never going to use it..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, someone can reupload the injector (for enable QE/CI on 5470m) posted in the first page of this post? All links all down.

This injector is very important for me because my laptop (Asus k53j) have the same graphics card but rebranded (6370m is same that 5470m).

I try a lot of solutions (edit kexts, dsdt, override edit, inject different vendor_id, ...) but nothing work.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any news on Sleep? I manage to get my 1558 into sleep mode with a modified dsdt, (the led at the power switch is pulsating just like sleep in windows)

but when i try to wake, the laptop first seems to wakeup but the screen stays black and i'am not really sure if everything loads in the background, how could i test this?

• 2 months later...

Greetings from Mountain Lion :)

This build is still based on CharlieSheen's kext packs. Had difficulty with Realtek ethernet driver but it is working now.

1. Used AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, dsdt.aml and com.apple.boot.plist (renamed coz of Chameleon v2.1) from Charlie's first pack.

2. Used AppleHDA.kext and HDAIDT.kext from Charile's second pack.

3. Created USB Mountain Lion installer via myHack 3.1.2, used the FakeSMC.kext came with it.

4. IONetworkingFamily.kext version 1.9 caused problem to the new IOFireWireIP.kext and IOUserEthernet.kext, therefore I've copied RealtekR1000SL.kext within version 1.9 (via right click, Show Package Contents) to bundled version 3.0 driver.

5. Ran KextUtility, reboot, and I'm done.

I am running Chameleon r2035, FaceTime, iCloud, App Store and iMessage are working fine. I ran Chameleon Wizard to generate a new serial number in order to activate FT, iC, AP and iM. en0 must be connecting during activation (iPhone tethering doesn't work).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings from Mountain Lion :)

This build is still based on CharlieSheen's kext packs. Had difficulty with Realtek ethernet driver but it is working now.

1. Used AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, dsdt.aml and com.apple.boot.plist (renamed coz of Chameleon v2.1) from Charlie's first pack.

2. Used AppleHDA.kext and HDAIDT.kext from Charile's second pack.

3. Created USB Mountain Lion installer via myHack 3.1.2, used the FakeSMC.kext came with it.

4. IONetworkingFamily.kext version 1.9 caused problem to the new IOFireWireIP.kext and IOUserEthernet.kext, therefore I've copied RealtekR1000SL.kext within version 1.9 (via right click, Show Package Contents) to bundled version 3.0 driver.

5. Ran KextUtility, reboot, and I'm done.

I am running Chameleon r2035, FaceTime, iCloud, App Store and iMessage are working fine. I ran Chameleon Wizard to generate a new serial number in order to activate FT, iC, AP and iM. en0 must be connecting during activation (iPhone tethering doesn't work).

Hi there,

Could you provide more information about getting mountain lion running well on the 1558? I also can't seem to locate some of the files you mentioned, would you mind posting them?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello from Mountain Lion on Dell 1558 ^^

Today, I installed Mountain Lion thanks to ######. Then, I launched ######, and I use :

- [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

- Drivers & Bootloaders \ Drivers \ Miscellaneous \ PS2 / 2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads.

I suggest you to install this one which is working properly ;)

just updated Mountain Lion to 10.8.1 direclty from the apple store, and it's working very well.

Hello from Mountain Lion on Dell 1558 ^^

Today, I installed Mountain Lion thanks to ######. Then, I launched ######, and I use :

- [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

- Drivers & Bootloaders \ Drivers \ Miscellaneous \ PS2 / 2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads.

I suggest you to install this one which is working properly ;)

just updated Mountain Lion to 10.8.1 direclty from the apple store, and it's working very well.

Just used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install those drivers (after removing the voodoo ones I compiled). Back to square one: no trackpad, no keyboard.

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method NOT CONTAIN Voodoo PS2 stuff anymore :)

I speak about it because I use it from a fresh install, sorry about that :P

So, please, follow theses full steps :

- go here, register, login, and dowload ###### (be sure you have the mountain lion version like this one) :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=139

- then, launch it.

- Click "Next", "Next", "Next", "Accept".

- go to "Drivers & Bootloaders" / Drivers / Miscellaneous.

- ONLY CHECK "PS2 / Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads".

- click "Next", and "Install".

the description is :

" Enables non-USB keyboards, mice and trackpads. Installs AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/."

Restart, now it will works ;)

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method NOT CONTAIN Voodoo PS2 stuff anymore :)

I speak about it because I use it from a fresh install, sorry about that :P

So, please, follow theses full steps :

- go here, register, login, and dowload ###### (be sure you have the mountain lion version like this one) :

http://www.tonymacx8...?do=file&id=139

- then, launch it.

- Click "Next", "Next", "Next", "Accept".

- go to "Drivers & Bootloaders" / Drivers / Miscellaneous.

- ONLY CHECK "PS2 / Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads".

- click "Next", and "Install".

the description is :

" Enables non-USB keyboards, mice and trackpads. Installs AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/."

Restart, now it will works ;)

Sorry you mis-understood my post. that is exactly what I did, nothing works.

At least with voodoo the keyboard worked!

YOU MUST DELETE ANY KEXTS as VoodooPS2Controller file before install the package I mentioned (

Drivers & Bootloaders" / Drivers / Miscellaneous /

PS2 / Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads

)

If you do that, I'm sure it will works. Do not forget to fix permissions...

I think this is just a conflict between the 2 VoodooPS2 kexts (one you installed and the other as a plugin)

Look at my configuration :

This is what I have in Kext Wizard ("loaded kexts") when I use "ps2" as a filter :

com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller (1.1.5) /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.1.0) /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

com.Apple.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.1.0) /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

As you can see, PS2Keyboard (voodoo) and PS2Trackpad (apple) are plugins include in the ApplePS2Controller.kext

Please try it and post if it's working

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am usin dell studio 1558 i am currently succesfully running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4.

I want to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

I have downloaded the Montain Lion App from Appstore.

But when i try installing it tells me Myy hard drives are MBR format Please Help..!!!

A step by step guide would be appreciated

Thanks Mopi I successfully installed ML but have lot of problems

1.I had previously Lion 10.7.4 on my laptop.

2.I installed using ######.

3.Everything went fine,but suddenly the laptop shut down.So i booted again from usb it said i can recover my installation then installation said it was success.

4.i booted in my HDD then everything was fine,Graphics was working perfectly and all my data was intact.

5.I had to install Audio driver I used charlees 2nd pack but those 2 kexts were already in System/Library/Extensions.

6.I re installed usin KExt wizard.After i rebooted there was a "No entry" sign on the apple logo and it did not boot.

7. so i safe booted and replaced these 2 audio kexts again by charlies kexts in S\L\E

8. used ###### 5.0.2 but installation failed.

9.i rebooted the system wont boot both in normal and safe mode it was a black screen aftr apple logo in safe mode, a kernelpanic in normal mode.

Please Help Help Help.

hi all,

I would install osx lion 10.7.5 on my dell studio 1558 but I see that the first post is a bit old. So I would ask you if there are updates or if the steps are the same:

1: Create a bootable usb (Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon)

2: Install osx (Do I need to follow the next steps as Post installation ecc?)

3: Install the kexts in the first post. (are them updated or I can try with more recent versions?)

Are these the correct steps or there is something wrong?

Thanks Ivan