Chameleon v2.1 (Main Trunk)

ErmaC

595 posts in this topic

OTHER TEST

In the first page I add the compiled binaries for the Kabyl patched Branch

NO SANDY BRIDGE for now...

Fabio

It works fine with Lion & Snow, and show the version as 756 2011-05-04 17:10:49.

It works fine with Lion & Snow, and show the version as 756 2011-05-04 17:10:49.

Also 32 & 64???

Load correctly the kext from E/E?

little note: As the V7 diff and Andy "cocktail" source

this bootloader(Kabyl-Lion) also include all the know nVidia & Ati cards(maybe I'm wrong on Ati)...

Fabio

I found a fix for this.. a little trick that seems to work for me.....

same issue it wants to boot into lp64 kernel even after adding i386 to boot plist..

when you see your drives in chameleon push " a then enter ...it will say command not found.. then

just hit enter again,.....voila ..boots into i386.. i need i386 for my builtin wifi to work on asus p5wh deluxe board. and quart extreme only wanted to be in i386 ,.. that might be cuz im using nvenabler thats not 64 .. i assume.

hope this trick works for others..

sincro77

didnt get you method sorry little elaboration which key to press before enter?

Also 32 & 64???

Load correctly the kext from E/E?

little note: As the V7 diff and Andy "cocktail" source

this bootloader(Kabyl-Lion) also include all the know nVidia & Ati cards(maybe I'm wrong on Ati)...

Fabio

Test on my pc.

Yes, both 32 & 64 work fine with Lion & Snow, /E/E/*.kexts,and /E/dsdt.aml were loaded fine. I think the boot timing is faster.

I use the following for 32 bit.

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

Guys and Girls not sure if you want to take a look at this one http://www.mediafire.com/?73a250mqli1j813 it has better memory and spd detection than my previous build plus I made the changes discussed earlier regarding the ATi / AMD confusion in the boot.h file. I've added a theme (it's not very good - in fact it's just a paw print but hey lol).

I think I have done as much as I can now for the next few days because I appear to have buggered up my lion install by installing the latest update :wacko: so can no longer load the desktop. Luckily the bootloader allows me to boot the installer disk I created of dp2 so I can just reinstall again when I get some time (unless anybody knows whats causing the problems with the latest update?).

Regards

Andy.

Guys and Girls not sure if you want to take a look at this one http://www.mediafire.com/?73a250mqli1j813 it has better memory and spd detection than my previous build plus I made the changes discussed earlier regarding the ATi / AMD confusion in the boot.h file. I've added a theme (it's not very good - in fact it's just a paw print but hey lol).

I think I have done as much as I can now for the next few days because I appear to have buggered up my lion install by installing the latest update :( so can no longer load the desktop. Luckily the bootloader allows me to boot the installer disk I created of dp2 so I can just reinstall again when I get some time (unless anybody knows whats causing the problems with the latest update?).

Regards

Andy.

Yep Andy

I do better...

I do a .pkg (later)

Fabio

Yep Andy

I do better...

I do a .pkg (later)

Fabio

We need somebody with some artistic ability to design an InsanelyMac theme we can all use - not me though as I have the artistic ability of a frisbee :(

P.S - Thanks Fabio :) you are doing a fantastic job here of keeping all these builds in check!!!

Please Fabio, or some charitable developer in this wonderful thread... Maybe is Off-topic please SORRY, but any possibility to be related with the bootloader sources (Im using r755 diffV7) to loading ACPI tables for Lion. Specifically, I have problems for properly readings (not loading) one "essential" driver for my laptop, called AppleACPIThermal.kext for thermalzones - fan control, this extension is 32 Bit only (tested from /S/L/E and /E/E), and working great in Snow ("Active Cooling" value into TZ0 in ioreg - attached), but Lion is so hot (no "Active Cooling"). Or just could be a driver full reading limitation in Lion (now 11A444d). What do you think guys? Thanks for your help.

Notes: PCEFI (by Netkas) same results.

Additionally, I want to comment that AppleACPIBatteryManager (only x32 too) is not working at all.

IOREGs_Lion_Snow_Thermalzones_TZ0_ActiveCooling.zip

Please Fabio, or some charitable developer in this wonderful thread... Maybe is Off-topic please SORRY, but any possibility to be related with the bootloader sources (Im using r755 diffV7) to loading ACPI tables for Lion. Specifically, I have problems for properly readings (not loading) one "essential" driver for my laptop, called AppleACPIThermal.kext for thermalzones - fan control, this extension is 32 Bit only (tested from /S/L/E and /E/E), and working great in Snow ("Active Cooling" value into TZ0 in ioreg - attached), but Lion is so hot (no "Active Cooling"). Or just could be a driver full reading limitation in Lion (now 11A444d). What do you think guys? Thanks for your help.

Notes: PCEFI (by Netkas) same results.

Additionally, I want to comment that AppleACPIBatteryManager (only x32 too) is not working at all.

If you can I would suggest trying one of the other builds to try and isolate if its a problem with the acpi code in a specific build or maybe just lion being difficult.

I think I have done as much as I can now for the next few days because I appear to have buggered up my lion install by installing the latest update :( so can no longer load the desktop. Luckily the bootloader allows me to boot the installer disk I created of dp2 so I can just reinstall again when I get some time (unless anybody knows whats causing the problems with the latest update?).

Regards

Andy.

Could I please ask for a binary package version? Most of us do not have the proper dev environment.

Thanks,

Artimess

Could I please ask for a binary package version? Most of us do not have the proper dev environment.

Thanks,

Artimess

Currently this is mostly work in progress so it may be worth you installing xcode so that you can build the binaries yourself. Once you have xcode installed its actually very very easy to build the code and you never know you may start to tinker with the source code yourself (I know I did).

We need somebody with some artistic ability to design an InsanelyMac theme we can all use

This might be completely not what you had in mind, but I posted a new theme at Voodooprojects' forum today. Feel free to use elements from it you want. Maybe I could tweak a special version of it for this topic?

Here's what it looks like:

post-331032-1304543186_thumb.jpg

I can attach the theme files here if wanted.

This might be completely not what you had in mind, but I posted a new theme at Voodooprojects' forum today. Feel free to use elements from it if it helps. Maybe I could tweak a special version of it for this topic?

Here's what it looks like:

post-331032-1304543186_thumb.jpg

That is actually very cool - I like it a lot! (not sure copyright lawyers would share my opinion but screw em lol).

That is actually very cool - I like it a lot! (not sure copyright lawyers would share my opinion but screw em lol).

Lol.. well hopefully they'll take an image as a compliment to their product. But if it's something that might be of use to help make a theme here then let me know. If not, then no problem. :(

If you can I would suggest trying one of the other builds to try and isolate if its a problem with the acpi code in a specific build or maybe just lion being difficult.

Thank you '^Andy^' always a great person! I will do and report back if some progress. Thanks God I have undervolted my 65nm CPU (merom) from DSDT, because the hardware fan activation is from 80C (too much heat). Normal temperatures in Lion for me are between 60-70C, sometimes 52-55C. In Snow 45-50C is almost all the time, up to 70C. Also in 10.7, for sure I have activated native speedstep using my near match profile (smbios.plist) by modifying the vanilla "MacBook3_1.plist" from /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources.

I think, those are very important things for prevent disasters on working laptops. Thank you again.

Hi all :(

I tried several version in my system (see signature).

I can't get correct memory recognition.

System Profiler shows me 4GB DDR3 @800MHz instead of @1600MHz. Moreover no Manufacturer, Memory Part and Serial Number.

But if I put correct values in smbios.plist manually System Profiler gives me an error regarding an incorrect reading of memory values.

Any suggestion?

Snow Leopard 10.6.7 32-bit

I think I have done as much as I can now for the next few days because I appear to have buggered up my lion install by installing the latest update :P so can no longer load the desktop. Luckily the bootloader allows me to boot the installer disk I created of dp2 so I can just reinstall again when I get some time (unless anybody knows whats causing the problems with the latest update?).

Regards

Andy.

Replacing both IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext along with IntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext version 156.0.0 from DP2 Update 2 11e444d with the corresponding kexts version 155.0.0 from the preceding DP2 (11a430e) allowed me to successfully boot and run the DP2 11A444d post the 11a430e update.

It is also worth noting that I updated the 11a430e to 11a444d from the Snow Leopard partition via the LionSWUpdate.pkg rather than the automatic Software Update.

Hi all :)

I tried several version in my system (see signature).

I can't get correct memory recognition.

System Profiler shows me 4GB DDR3 @800MHz instead of @1600MHz. Moreover no Manufacturer, Memory Part and Serial Number.

But if I put correct values in smbios.plist manually System Profiler gives me an error regarding an incorrect reading of memory values.

Any suggestion?

Snow Leopard 10.6.7 32-bit

That should have been fixed with the version posted above (it was one of the last changes I did)

Replacing both IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext along with IntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext version 156.0.0 from DP2 Update 2 11e444d with the corresponding kexts version 155.0.0 from the preceding DP2 (11a430e) allowed me to successfully boot and run the DP2 11A444d post the 11a430e update.

It is also worth noting that I updated the 11a430e to 11a444d from the Snow Leopard partition via the LionSWUpdate.pkg rather than the automatic Software Update.

Thanks, I did try that but I must have screwed something else up as it still wont reach the desktop. No biggy I will just reinstall it again when I get some time.

That should have been fixed with the version posted above (it was one of the last changes I did)

Thanks, I did try that but I must have screwed something else up as it still wont reach the desktop. No biggy I will just reinstall it again when I get some time.

Andy, I have similare problem. My processor is not being recognised and all the info on FSB, seems wrong or default to incorrect values. besides, because the processor is not recognized no P state is generated.

The strange thing is in bdmesg log at the very top it identifies the correct processor! But later it says unsupported processor, etc.

I posted this bdmesg log to MaLdOn site too!

I am testing this on a Asus G53SW laptop with i7 2360QM processor.

Like I said in my previous post I tried several rev of Chameleon and all give me the same problem :wacko:

I'll have a look at that when I get home from work because I was sure that my 2500K and memory were being correctly identified with the latest build with system profiler showing the correct fsb and spd settings etc.

CPU is correctly recognized.

The problem regarding only memory.

This is my smbios.plist (how can you see nothing regarding memmanufacturer, mempart or memserialnumber):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>01/04/2011</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>American Megatrends Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>0708</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<string>ASUSTeK Computer Inc.</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>ASUS P8P67-M PRO</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Mr. Mojo Risin' 17</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac12,2</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>
[spoiler]CK1029559W87[/spoiler]
</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If I put the values in smbios.plist System Profiler gives me an error.

37143876.png91179751.png31226072.png