[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

@peter

Install the latest clover 2953 on to the usb after the install usb has been made.Sometimes that helps.

try to use the default config.plist that clover generate and then at clover gui press 'O" to open options and in the config options enter

-v kext-dev-mode=1 slide=0 darkwake=10

in binaries patching select lapic fix

and try again.

Is your dsdt patched and correctly placed,what is  shown at verbose screen?

Edit :look for files in yehia's post and choose the ones that work for dv8 or corresponding  ones that have worked for you.

Look @ this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298521-easy-yosemite-1010-final-usb-installer-updated-10162014/.

for booting once you have made the install usb or make a fresh usb install with the script given in that thread and try.

Will be out of town for a week, so no net access, hope you are able to get it going.

If all fails you can try with chameleon .

Installing went well. Needs some help or input for Sound

iCloud and App Store working (after fixed en0 for ethernet) Trim(SSD) fixed by clover :-)

iMessages/FaceTime not working,but this is not critical, or is it a easy fix ?

Brightness not working

Power Management Not working

Sound Not working

Will go trough my system and see if there are more things to fix

EDIT

Trying to instal Clover to HDD, but still Cham is active, renamed the boot file, then I get a boor error, so it's looks like Clover can't be used on our DV laptop? using same clover settings during install as in earlier post

Moved boot file from USB to HD ,now Clover works and EFI partition on my HDD is OK.

//Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, hope that everything goes well with your hackbooks :)

For anyone having issues with Sound: use this Kexts, i am using it and it works Great , if any bugs found just Report to update it (i am very lazy to do so :D )

Installing went well. Needs some help or input for Sound

iCloud and App Store working (after fixed en0 for ethernet) Trim(SSD) fixed by clover :-)

iMessages/FaceTime not working,but this is not critical, or is it a easy fix ?

Brightness not working

Power Management Not working

Sound Not working

Will go trough my system and see if there are more things to fix

EDIT

Trying to instal Clover to HDD, but still Cham is active, renamed the boot file, then I get a boor error, so it's looks like Clover can't be used on our DV laptop? using same clover settings during install as in earlier post

Moved boot file from USB to HD ,now Clover works and EFI partition on my HDD is OK.

//Peter

Check this link, and use the latest Clover Configuration
it's not a very easy fix and need some effort !

if you like the post, like it !

Thanks, will look into this for iMessages,do you know how to fix power management for the CPU? On Cham all was ok , but clover is not working

yeah that's very sad :( , we Need to find a way !

the key people to a solution is "slice" and "piker-Alpha " those are the two guys who can help !

1. i Tried to ask "piker-Alpha" for adding  "Clarksfield (i7-720QM & i7-740QM)" Support here to his ssdtPRGen.sh Script
  2. i Tried to ask Slice for adding support in clover directly, you can find the conversation here but nothing yet
  3. i Created a topic for the same purpose: [Help] Core i7-720QM Power Management & Speedstep

so for anyone interested try to ask them too, to make them feel that there is a lot of people who need it !

@Peter_sm, do you know which version of cham where Speed Step works !

what i only know now that sometimes when my mac go to sleep and wake, speed step work  :surprised:

It looks like I did get speed stepto work! Did the trick with Fn. F4 ...... I see it go between 7x to 15x, but 15 is strange , I have 13x max before with Cham... Will continue play withe some settings...... But I need also help to modify my boot menu , I have a own thread about that here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302443-modify-clover-boot-loader-meny/

• 1 month later...
I used AppleHDAdisabler and then newest Voodoohda. Sound finally works!

The slider doesn't work right,  but it's a nice temp fix if anyone else is having the same problem. 

You'll need to change the values for VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix to true in Voodoo's plist.

Below is the link that helped me.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267905-voodoohda-common-problems/

@Peter_sm, do you know which version of cham where Speed Step works !

what i only know now that sometimes when my mac go to sleep and wake, speed step work  :surprised:

It looks like I did get speed stepto work! Did the trick with Fn. F4 ...... I see it go between 7x to 15x, but 15 is strange , I have 13x max before with Cham... Will continue play withe some settings...... But I need also help to modify my boot menu , I have a own thread about that here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302443-modify-clover-boot-loader-meny/

yehia Amer, I was using a pre-edited DSDT file from this thread, assuming it was yours. If you didn't figure it out yet I narrowed it down to your DSDT file. I took it and compared to my unpatched DSDT file and found that the methods dealing with the CPU were different. My speed step/turbo boost worked with unpatched DSDT and the Fn + F4 trick but no webcam and extra usb port didn't work so I replaced the methods and now everything works.

Peter_sm I may be a bit concerned if I saw 15x on more than 1 core.

Specs on my processor, i7-720QM

Frequency 1600 MHz Turbo frequency 2800 MHz (1 core), 2400 MHz (2 cores), 1733 MHz (3 or 4 cores) 

Low power frequency 933 MHz

Bus speed 2.5 GT/s

DMI Clock multiplier 12

My P-States listed by DPCI manager are now 7,9,11,12,13. CPU is always running 4 cores up to or at 1.73Ghz so I'd assume we will never see 2.8Ghz on a single core on our machines in OSX. Not sure why multiplier is 12 but my HWMonitor shows 13 @1.73Ghz for all 4. I have spent plenty of time and everything seems stable.

Update:With MacBookPro 8,2 and Clover SSDT I get 6 states now, 7,8,9,11,12,13.

Now everything essential to me works.

I did not test HDMI/HDMI audio or VGA port so I do not know if they work.

Adjusting backlight and battery meter do not work but I do not care. Would be nice though  :lol:

Here are my DSDT and SSDT files if you'd like to compare or use. DSDT.zip SSDT.zip

Audio is fixed by using Mirone's patched AppleHDA.kext. AppleHDA-267.0-IDT92HD75B3X5.zip

• Set in Clover configurator, Device -> Audio -> Inject -> 3
  • You could edit your DSDT audio layout but instead I just install his HDAEnabler. HDAEnabler3.kext.zip

The 2 audio kexts are installed in SLE. Other kexts used are FakeSMC, RealtekRTL81xx, and VoodooPS2Controller(touchpad and keyboard fully functioning), these 3 kexts I inject with clover. Extra Kext.zip

Until the next update screws us all over, this is pretty much it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello blazinsmokey,

i don't know what DSDT Methods do you mean Scope (_PR) ? , i can't find the SSDT file did you attach it ?

also Could you check this : https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/tree/Beta

download the tool and then put this file User Defined.cfg.zip in "/Users/user/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/"

then run in terminal:

./ssdtPRGen.sh -p i7-720QM -c 0 -d 3

and report back your Results

Added my SSDT files to original post

Restarted with DSDT still loading but without any of my SSDT files. Generated SSDT.aml with ssdtPRGen and placed into ACPI/patched. Then restarted.

My understanding is that Piker’s ssdtPRGen tool is not compatible with our processors. Regardless I tried for the sake of it.

When using your cmd line I get a warning and a error. It still creates a SSDT though. Terminal text output ->ssdtPRGen.zip

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0701 instead of 0x0601)

Error: board-id [Mac-F22589C8] not supported by Sandy Bridge – check SMBIOS data / use the -c option

Update: error went away when I changed smbios to MacBookPro8,2. 

Using DPCI Manager to check P-states.

My DSDT and ssdtPRGen generated SSDT.aml(1 file) gives me P states of 7,8,9,11,12. 

My DSDT and Clover configurator generated SSDT.aml (5 files, 0-4) gives me P states of 7,9,11,12,13.

With MacBookPro 8,2 and Clover SSDT I get 6 states now, 7,8,9,11,12,13.

What P states and numbers are you getting? You can compare our DSDT files with a online tool like diffchecker and you'll see what I did and compare the changes. I remember I had to add External (\_PR_.CPU0._PPC) to the top of the definition block, the rest was with Scope(_PR) and other things CPU0 I can't remember. I did not edit any SSDT files only generate them with FN+F4.

• 3 months later...

@yehia/blazinsmokey/peter_sm

hi, well 10.10.3 seem going to be ok on our laptops.

I have a couple of issues that if any of you could help resolve ,will be great

1. I have installed the broadcom azure wave 4352 ac wireless card(no white list modded bios by camollini),but the bluetooth on the card is not detected in any of my os,windows,mac,ubuntu. I have gone through the regular advise regarding bios settings(of which there are no modifiable ones in mine),covering the pin 51 with tape etc.) but nothing seems to work. My laptop did not come with bluetooth module ,and there is no way of setting it on or off in bios, so what do I do to get it.Others have reported similar situation in half mini wifi thread and other forums, some have got it working and some are in the same boat as me.If you guys have any experience of this ,please advise, is it a bios issue, that is it cannot detect bluetooth as ours were the first quad cores with the crappy half baked efi bios.

2 As with yehia amer I cannot get speed step going, fixed 7 p state remains, I have gone through the post above by blazinsmokey and have tried some of the hints but still no go ,also the config.plist and dsdt attachments of the above post are gone, if any of you could repost them ,it would be helpful for me too compare whats different.

Thanks.

specs in my sign.

P.S. @ blazinsmokey ,could post your dsdt and config.plist again. A little more detail how you got your speed step going.

I have currently retired my laptop, I still have it but it's not in use any more. So I can only help from what I remember.

Try using MacBookPro 6,2

Check this out for the speed step, some steps here that yehia did after my tests and some explanations.

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/113

I can't help on your wireless issue unfortunately.

You are however in luck for some files and anyone that may need the files I used before.

Included is what I used with clover  3113, sure there are new versions but I am out of touch with this stuff for now.

-3 kexts (fakesmc, realtekRTL81xx, voodooPS2)

-DSDT and SSDT aml files

-working fixed AppleHDA include config fix

-another config file...not sure what this was, lol.

Working All Used With Clover 3113.zip

GOOD LUCK!

@blazinsmokey

Thanks for the files, anyhow you got a newer machine,still hackintoshing or got over it.

Yea no problem. I'm waiting on a solid deal for a SSD drive, preferably 512GB. Currently have a 256GB MX100 dedicated to Windows that I took out of my laptop. I purchased parts that are "compatible" so I will be attempting once I get the SSD. I didn't want to deal with dual booting from the same drive again. Such a pain in the ass when you want a fresh start with either OS.

The main reason I gave up on my laptop was that I didn't like the performance of OSX with that hardware. Runs Windows 8.1 fine from SSD and 8GB of ram but on OSX it was noticeably slower and I did not appreciate the "lag."

My desktop is a beast of a machine though and am looking forward to getting OSX to work on it. Asus Maximus VII Hero mobo, i7-4790k, GTX 970, 16GB of ram.

I am still in need of a laptop, really like the Dell XPS 13 but I'm waiting to see how that will pan out for building a hackintosh.

blazinsmokey,

good to know ,by the way i am now able to get 7,8,9,11,12,13 p states .

I had to do some editing in _PR IN DSDT ,Yours also helped , fan does not blow that much in lower states.

Hope to see with your future experience here.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

guys, anyone of you attempted el capitan,

Tried the usb install method, lapic kernel panic as clover is not patching it and when i  use cpus=1 it does proceed further only to hang at missing bluetooth transport.

Reminds me of initial dps of maverick which showed similar traits.Was a graphics issue then, as it seems now.

Please share your experience.

thanks

Tried the usb install method, lapic kernel panic as clover is not patching it and when i  use cpus=1 it does proceed further only to hang at missing bluetooth transport.

Reminds me of initial dps of maverick which showed similar traits.Was a graphics issue then, as it seems now.

thanks

Have you tried it with adding the boot flags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1?

Edit: Lapic Kernel I see you found already. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306555-os-x-el-capitan-test-thread/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2143393

I am curious as how performance will be since El Capitan is supposed to be way more responsive performance wise for older machines. You may get me to start tinkering with my old laptop again.

My new rig got a new ssd a bout a week ago so I am kind of in the hackintosh game again but the laptop is in the basement collecting dust for now. I may revive it with another SSD depending on how yours turns out but my rig right now  is now flawless.

Have you tried it with adding the boot flags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1?

Edit: Lapic Kernel I see you found already. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306555-os-x-el-capitan-test-thread/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2143393

I am curious as how performance will be since El Capitan is supposed to be way more responsive performance wise for older machines. You may get me to start tinkering with my old laptop again.

My new rig got a new ssd a bout a week ago so

I am kind of in the hackintosh game again but the laptop is in the basement collecting dust for now. I may revive it with another SSD depending on how yours turns out but my rig right now  is now flawless.

great to hear about your rig.

yes ,used those flags, lapic kernel does lead to  boot initiation, but then it again hangs at missing bluetooth contoller transport.

If i wait longer I get the prohibition sign with still waiting for root device  thing both with or without the lapic kernel.

thanks

Hello macq :)

As you said it seems like a Graphics issue

backup and then Remove all "NV kexts" including

NVDAGF100Hal.Kext

NVDAGK100Hal.Kext

NVDAGF50Hal.Kext

NVDAResman.Kext

NVDAStartup.Kext

then install working Yosemite Kexts

Clean cache and restart

Good Luck !

Hello macq :)

As you said it seems like a Graphics issue

backup and then Remove all "NV kexts" including

NVDAGF100Hal.Kext

NVDAGK100Hal.Kext

NVDAGF50Hal.Kext

NVDAResman.Kext

NVDAStartup.Kext

then install working Yosemite Kexts

Clean cache and restart

Good Luck !

Hi Yehia,

well i tried that, same result= missing bluetooth contoller transport.

i am trying to install by creating an install usb and this usb itself has this booting problem. So don't know what to do!!!!

I have replaced the 8 nvidia kexts  on the install usb as you suggested but still hangs at same point and then ends as still waiting for root device.

Have you got it going on your machine if yes then elaborate the details.

On a separate note could you tell me what uefi64 drivers you chose when installing clover.?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all,

can anyone make a proper guide to install 10.10? with all files and hints?

i was away from hackintoshing for along time and i lost in pages 

last time i used Amer's guide but i couldnt get a fully working system,

thanks anyway

Hello all,

can anyone make a proper guide to install 10.10? with all files and hints?

i was away from hackintoshing for along time and i lost in pages 

last time i used Amer's guide but i couldnt get a fully working system,

thanks anyway

&nbs

Hi,

get clover special edition 3248 by chris11 from downloads,use it to make a usb installer, use it to install yosemite on a gpt disk.once installed use files from post 1477 of this thread to get post install files to get a working hack.

See post 1501 also.

• 2 months later...