[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

I think Clover is developing very fast and it is very good
but still lacks some key features like booting my non EFI windows 7 !
also i don't like themes, i use chameleon with no themes at all

i am sure i will find fixes soon

I think Clover is developing very fast and it is very good

but still lacks some key features like booting my non EFI windows 7 !

also i don't like themes, i use chameleon with no themes at all

i am sure i will find fixes soon

Clover does indeed boot non-EFI Windows 7. I'm dual booting Windows and OSX in non-EFI/MBR mode. And, as a bonus, if you pick the right options during install you can also install Chameleon as an additional boot loader and Clover can boot-strap it if you hold down a key at boot so you can test under either loader. However, I mainly use Clover now that I've added auto-LAPIC patching to it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Clover does indeed boot non-EFI Windows 7. I'm dual booting Windows and OSX in non-EFI/MBR mode. And, as a bonus, if you pick the right options during install you can also install Chameleon as an additional boot loader and Clover can boot-strap it if you hold down a key at boot so you can test under either loader. However, I mainly use Clover now that I've added auto-LAPIC patching to it :)

Really, this is my hybrid GPT/MBR Partion map and i use "LegacyBoot" Parameter

<key>LegacyBoot</key>

<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string> i also tried PBR

ِI am also using those drivers "NTFS.efi" & "PartitionDxe-64.efi"

-------
   #:                       TYPE NAME                               SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *750.2 GB           disk0
   1:                        EFI                                       209.7 MB          disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Mac                         250.0 GB          disk0s2         (Mac OS Extended)
   3:       Microsoft Basic Data Untitled               100.0 GB          disk0s3         (NTFS)
   4:       Microsoft Basic Data DATA                  399.8 GB          disk0s4         (NTFS)
-----

do i miss something !!!

Apprectate your help  :)

Some Updates:

Our Insyde Bios is a True UEFI Bios
- HP uses UEFI BIOS Since late 2008 and in all Laptops distributed with Windows 8 and 7 (Reference)
- Our Systems is pre-equipped with a Partition called "HP_TOOLS" which is a EFI Partition

- I think Insyde only makes UEFI Bios !

There is a website Called bios-mods I found a mod for my Bios which remove whitelist and unlock Hidden Options
- My Bios Version is "F.1C A" (Link for the mod Bios)
- For more Versions (you can Find your Latest Bios Version in HP Support Website)

The EFI Partition Must be called "HP_TOOLS" or it won't work  :wallbash: 
There is a Tool Called "HP UEFI Support Environment" To Creat a bootable UEFI Support USB but i can't Configure it to work !

can anyone Configure Clover to Boot in UEFI !!!

Good Luck All  :thumbsup_anim:

Some Updates:

Our Insyde Bios is a True UEFI Bios

- HP uses UEFI BIOS Since late 2008 and in all Laptops distributed with Windows 8 and 7 (Reference)

- Our Systems is pre-equipped with a Partition called "HP_TOOLS" which is a EFI Partition

- I think Insyde only makes UEFI Bios !

There is a website Called bios-mods I found a mod for my Bios which remove whitelist and unlock Hidden Options

- My Bios Version is "F.1C A" (Link for the mod Bios)

- For more Versions (you can Find your Latest Bios Version in HP Support Website)

The EFI Partition Must be called "HP_TOOLS" or it won't work  :wallbash: 

There is a Tool Called "HP UEFI Support Environment" To Creat a bootable UEFI Support USB but i can't Configure it to work !

can anyone Configure Clover to Boot in UEFI !!!

Good Luck All  :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Yehia Amer,

Just wanted to know a couple of things.

Is your patched f.1c bios stable since you have applied it and importantly what all is available by using the patched bios like wireless etc?

Have you ever had blue screens or complete non booting while on the patched bios,that has required you to reinstall the default HP f.1c bios to make the laptop boot again?

I am asking cos I read some where on the HP forums that the patched bios is not fully patched and it may lead to complete non boots at time requiring reflasing with the default HP bios to make the laptop usable.

Secondly it is correct that ours is a uefi based bios but we need to install both windows and os x in the uefi environment and dual boot via chameleon or clover and I havent seen a guide or some one actually being able to do so.

If you have any info regarding this please do share??

Thanks

Hi Yehia Amer,

Just wanted to know a couple of things.

Is your patched f.1c bios stable since you have applied it and importantly what all is available by using the patched bios like wireless etc?

Have you ever had blue screens or complete non booting while on the patched bios,that has required you to reinstall the default HP f.1c bios to make the laptop boot again?

I am asking cos I read some where on the HP forums that the patched bios is not fully patched and it may lead to complete non boots at time requiring reflasing with the default HP bios to make the laptop usable.

Secondly it is correct that ours is a uefi based bios but we need to install both windows and os x in the uefi environment and dual boot via chameleon or clover and I havent seen a guide or some one actually being able to do so.

If you have any info regarding this please do share??

Thanks

First: No i don't face any problems till now

whitelist is removed (not tested)

Some Screen shots of the added features

post-307642-0-92129000-1374870858_thumb.jpg

post-307642-0-59791500-1374870939_thumb.jpg

post-307642-0-17835300-1374871022_thumb.jpg

post-307642-0-90662100-1374871049_thumb.jpg

Second:

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3405

@yehia

Thanks for the prompt response and info.

you are welcome

Update: I installed "windows 7 x64 EFI" Successfully and the Partition map is Pure GPT now   :thumbsup_anim: 

I used a program called "rufus" and just copied "efi\boot\bootx64.efi" to the root of the Bootable USB

you are welcome

Update: I installed "windows 7 x64 EFI" Successfully and the Partition map is Pure GPT now   :thumbsup_anim: 

I used a program called "rufus" and just copied "efi\boot\bootx64.efi" to the root of the Bootable USB

could you post a brief guide for the benefit of all of us .

Thanks

The Most important Benefit for our systems is that you will have got pure GUID Partition Table (GPT) 

So no need to hybrid GPT/MBR, which causes alot of problems for me

Other benefits http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-uefi !!!

@Yehia

Hi,

Sorry if my question was not clear.

I was asking about how you went about doing it ,like how many partitions you made,where did you install the bootloader,any specifics about the partitioning scheme,installed which os first etcetra?.

Basically how to dual boot both mac os x and win efi gpt on the same drive.

Not a general guide but your specific method?

@Yehia

Hi,

Sorry if my question was not clear.

I was asking about how you went about doing it ,like how many partitions you made,where did you install the bootloader,any specifics about the partitioning scheme,installed which os first etcetra?.

Basically how to dual boot both mac os x and win efi gpt on the same drive.

Not a general guide but your specific method?

First : Clover

1) install clover on your EFI partition

2) Make sure it's working good with your mac

3) leave the partition you will use for mac not partitioned 

Second: Prepear your windows USB installation 

1) you can use "rufus"

2) in the Partition scheme and target system type, Choose GPT for UEFI

in file system, choose NTFS

3) choose the windows iso and Start the process

4) After it's done copy "efi\boot\bootx64.efi" to the root of the Bootable USB

Third: Boot From clover

1) Boot from clover EFI windows USB

(if you don't find it, use ("boot from file" which you will find in Boot Maintence Manager) and choose the "bootx64.efi" on USB root

2) when you boot windows creat Partition in the empty space and start installation

3) windows will Create 3 Partitions (EFI Partition, System Reserved Partition, windows Partition)

post-307642-0-27973400-1375688734_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks @Yehia Amer. I haven't had the time to redo my DV8 in pure UEFI mode yet but I started planning for it and this helps :)  The biggest problem (IMHO) is finding the tools that understand UEFI and GPT so that when (for example) you create the Windows installation USB, it boots in the correct UEFI mode (vs. MBR) but you can also do it yourself if you look at the UEFI standards and ensure that your media is FAT32 only (UEFI requirement) and GPT partitioned (no MBR for sofware to see and *assume*).  At least OSX assumes UEFI on install and you have to hack it if you really want MBR, so that's another benefit of running Clover.

Another problem is the order of installation and partitioning. Although the UEFI standard clearly supports multiple operating systems to exist and boot, the vendors have implemented their installations like the old MBR world, stomping on each other.  Did you notice that installing OSX after Windows will format/delete the FAT32 boot partition?  Make sure to backup the boot partition after each OS install is the rule here.

Now I just have to decide if I should wait for OSX 10.9 official and Windows 8.1 before I invest the time to rebuild...  I will try and record my steps when I do and post here...

• Like 1

Thanks @Yehia Amer. I haven't had the time to redo my DV8 in pure UEFI mode yet but I started planning for it and this helps :)  The biggest problem (IMHO) is finding the tools that understand UEFI and GPT so that when (for example) you create the Windows installation USB, it boots in the correct UEFI mode (vs. MBR) but you can also do it yourself if you look at the UEFI standards and ensure that your media is FAT32 only (UEFI requirement) and GPT partitioned (no MBR for sofware to see and *assume*).  At least OSX assumes UEFI on install and you have to hack it if you really want MBR, so that's another benefit of running Clover.

Another problem is the order of installation and partitioning. Although the UEFI standard clearly supports multiple operating systems to exist and boot, the vendors have implemented their installations like the old MBR world, stomping on each other.  Did you notice that installing OSX after Windows will format/delete the FAT32 boot partition?  Make sure to backup the boot partition after each OS install is the rule here.

Now I just have to decide if I should wait for OSX 10.9 official and Windows 8.1 before I invest the time to rebuild...  I will try and record my steps when I do and post here...

i think we should wait till 10.9 so we can test at the same time, i still need to backup my machine

take a look at this reference for installing windows using Bootcamp (Russian)

Boot Camp Ð уководство по установке и настройке.pdf

Edited by yehia Amer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

I installed and updated my HP DV5 1190eg with the Mammoth Methode the Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

I didn't use any DSDT and the MIID was a generic one for the Dv5.

All went well, besides the fact that the touchpad didn't worked. I used a USB mouse. (I didn't try sound, firewire, VGA, DVI)

Then I installed Windows 7 and want to go back to OSx to restore the Chameleon partition. I realized that my USB Mouse didn't worked anymore and also any of my usb ports (the usb flash with my MIID didn't showed up either).

Can someone please help me?

If i have to install some kexts, how I will bring this to the OSx without a usb?

(I'm also until now not familiarized with the kexts installs)

Thanx a lot! Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

I installed and updated my HP DV5 1190eg with the Mammoth Methode the Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

I didn't use any DSDT and the MIID was a generic one for the Dv5.

All went well, besides the fact that the touchpad didn't worked. I used a USB mouse. (I didn't try sound, firewire, VGA, DVI)

Then I installed Windows 7 and want to go back to OSx to restore the Chameleon partition. I realized that my USB Mouse didn't worked anymore and also any of my usb ports (the usb flash with my MIID didn't showed up either).

Can someone please help me?

If i have to install some kexts, how I will bring this to the OSx without a usb?

(I'm also until now not familiarized with the kexts installs)

Thanx a lot! Cheers!

try with this, it is mountain lion

http://iatkos.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=23105

it runs for me with a similar dv5 (1113es)

I’m currently running Mavericks on my HP DV8t. I was using Mountain Lion 10.7.5 . Only problem i am having is that it won’t restart or shut down completely unless I press power button. I downloaded from Appstore and created a bootable usb installer. I then booted the usb with  cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes . Once  it installed i booted into Mavericks using my Chameleon boot drive used the cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes . After set up i used Lapic Kernel Patcher 0.7 and then i tried different kexts found in this forum to get most things working. I put the kexts that worked for me in the included zip.

Kexts for Mavericks DV8t.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently running Mavericks on my HP DV8t. I was using Mountain Lion 10.7.5 . Only problem i am having is that it won’t restart or shut down completely unless I press power button. I downloaded from Appstore and created a bootable usb installer. I then booted the usb with  cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes . Once  it installed i booted into Mavericks using my Chameleon boot drive used the cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes . After set up i used Lapic Kernel Patcher 0.7 and then i tried different kexts found in this forum to get most things working. I put the kexts that worked for me in the included zip.

sooo easy thanx for your information and file  it was the easy time i install mac on my hp laptop  i wonder really did apple decided to support hackintosh world :) LOL

simply use this config file

only change serial number for your mac

Good Luck

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Hi.yehia amer

Your config has lapic fix  selected but I still need cpus=1 to boot,also even if I select lapic fix in clover option,I still have lapic kernel panic if I dont boot with cpus=1.

Does it not patch the kernel on the fly.

Could you briefly describe what things need to be put in what folder in Clover installation.

Thanks

PS : I am not using it in EFI Mmode.

• 2 weeks later...

Would one of you gurus please tell me how well a hackintosh build would run on this HP notebook? 

Also, links to compatiable DSDTs would be appreciated, thanks!

HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Select Edition Entertainment Notebook

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.48F.1C
Processor: Intel® Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8GB
GFX: Intel® HD Graphics 3000, Radeon HD 7690M XT
Wifi: Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter