AUDIO

C.Frio

9 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE: Deleted the first installation, reinstalled, rebooted and is now working with DP4.

Worked well up to and including DP3, but no longer works with DP4. Anyone know if there's an update to this?

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L (ALC883)

Thanks

Im on the G31M-S2L here (without the E) which has the ALC 662, which also doesnt work under Lion. I had to binpatch AppleHDA to get it going on Snow, Im assuming the same can be done for Lion so I'll have to look into that. I prefer not to use VoodooHDA, never got very good results with it in the past on Snow.

• 3 weeks later...
Why not buy a cheap usb audio ( 5-8 Euro`s )

So I did and no more patching , tweaking ...........

Works Vanilla on both SL + Lion

regards

Josh

Simple, why would you like to have anything sticking out of your USB if you have a sound card integrated?

Especially in laptops. Pointless. Also, the quality of cheap USB audio cards is horryfying, the D/A converters are just pure rubbish. Of course, the integrated audio isn't too great either, but it is still usually better than cheap USB audio.

Im on the G31M-S2L here (without the E) which has the ALC 662, which also doesnt work under Lion. I had to binpatch AppleHDA to get it going on Snow, Im assuming the same can be done for Lion so I'll have to look into that. I prefer not to use VoodooHDA, never got very good results with it in the past on Snow.

I have the same board, mine sharing how exactly you bin patched in Snow's AppleHDA please??