New Azureus 2.5.0.0 Fixes A Number Of OSX Problems

28 posts in this topic

Finally I can click a .torrent file and it opens Azureus and loads the file :)

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index_CVS.php

OSX: Open .torrent files into Azureus via Finder/Desktop/etc.

'Do not download' files handled more consistently with respect to download completion.

Renaming of a download directories.

Moving of data files on torrent removal from Azureus.

Signed updates and plugins for improved security.

Interface improvements - more information: date added, idle times, new info view, file piece view; more per-torrent options.

Debug information generator.

More in the changelog.

yeay!!! my favorite bit torrent prog just got bettter!!!! :)

I have 6 active torrents and it's using 120mb so it's still a RAM hog :thumbsdown_anim: It does not bother me too much I have 1GB and it's not my main system, the computer that Azureus is running on is just a downloader/file server.

Hey make sure you pick up the official 2.5 release at MU.

2006.08.21 | Azureus 2.5.0.0: https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.p...;group_id=84122

FEATURE: Core | Reduced CPU usage, especially in some unusual conditions [MjrTom]

FEATURE: Core | Explicit local subnet and peer injection option for Lan Peer Finder [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | Auto upload speed [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | DND completion handled better [Parg,TuxPaper]

FEATURE: Core | Added option for per-torrent max upload speed when upload busy [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | Ranges allowed for port listing to ignore peers from. [TuxPaper]

FEATURE: Core | Added option to move completed download on removal [amc1]

FEATURE: Core | Signed updates for increased security [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | UDP fallback on connection fail [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | Support for initial crypto tracker spec [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | Faster queued torrent startup [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | Option to disable tracker support for full-scrape [Parg]

FEATURE: Core | Added ability to rename the directory save name for a multi-file torrent [amc1]

and then some...

It maybe SafePeer it's the only added plug-in, I gave up in trying to figure out PeerGuardian. I will try again without SafePeer when a couple puplic torrents are finished. I just wish uTorrent would make a OSX version, I'm thinking about going back to winblows just to go back to uTorrent. I don't like Transmission it's too basic and is banned on many private trackers.

I tried that but one of the features that I need thats both in Azureus and uTorrent does not work in wine. I use autoimport torrents from folder, I have a dedicated computer for my downloads. I download the torrents on my laptop then drop them on a shortcut (alias) to the import folder then they load automatically on the dedicated computer. I'm downloading JaS's 10.4.7 DVD and Vista beta 2 build 5472 and will reinstall my system and see if the problem is fixed.

Yes, or as an alternative:

I have uploaded my Azureus here, it is also the latest beta, but I had a mdified

version and just replaced the jar. You can download it and give it a try, maybe that

will fix your problems. (Don't forget to sudo chown -R and chmod -R it)

If it is still slow, then it has to be something within your system.

Download from rapidshare

Tell me if it changes anything

2.5.0.0 is not beta it's a stable release

I don't have any sluggish issues it's running about the same as it does in winblows but it's no uTorrent :blink:

Edit: I changed to the subject seeing 2.5.0.0 is now a stable release and no longer beta