Mac PRO Quad XEON

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am thinking to pull some cash out of my savings as the new Mac Pro is really tempting, i have some questions though :

I am not planning to install windows on it :D but just in case if I had to, do u think it will be easy to dual boot osx10 and winxp/win2k3 on it?

How would u rate the price of Mac Pro? Do you think its worth

sorry iam not v.knowledgeable in it...

regards

Mutahir

Hi All,

I am thinking to pull some cash out of my savings as the new Mac Pro is really tempting, i have some questions though :

I am not planning to install windows on it :D but just in case if I had to, do u think it will be easy to dual boot osx10 and winxp/win2k3 on it?

How would u rate the price of Mac Pro? Do you think its worth

sorry iam not v.knowledgeable in it...

regards

Mutahir

1. Yes, it will be extremely easy to dual boot OS X and Windoze XP due to Boot Camp

2. It's definitely worth it. In fact, it is almost $1000 cheaper than an equivalent Dell workstation. Getting a quad Xeon at a little over $2000 is a steal.

I want a Mac Pro to. Dual boot? Definately. If you game on the PC, put XP on there and have a quad core 64 monster and run games like a dream. Then when you don't game, use the best OS, OSX. Most macs are overpriced, but I think the Mac Pro is a great deal. The specs are the {censored}. I would put 2 gigs ram and put another superdrive, but that is just me. Get one.

Im currently saving up for one. Currently have an iMac G5. I tested a Mac Pro at the Apple store a few days ago, amazingly fast. 

Mac Pro

Dual 30inch Cinema Displays

=

Dream setup