• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
mutahir

Mac PRO Quad XEON

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am thinking to pull some cash out of my savings as the new Mac Pro is really tempting, i have some questions though :

I am not planning to install windows on it :D but just in case if I had to, do u think it will be easy to dual boot osx10 and winxp/win2k3 on it?

How would u rate the price of Mac Pro? Do you think its worth

sorry iam not v.knowledgeable in it...

regards

Mutahir

Hi All,

I am thinking to pull some cash out of my savings as the new Mac Pro is really tempting, i have some questions though :

I am not planning to install windows on it :D but just in case if I had to, do u think it will be easy to dual boot osx10 and winxp/win2k3 on it?

How would u rate the price of Mac Pro? Do you think its worth

sorry iam not v.knowledgeable in it...

regards

Mutahir

1. Yes, it will be extremely easy to dual boot OS X and Windoze XP due to Boot Camp

2. It's definitely worth it. In fact, it is almost $1000 cheaper than an equivalent Dell workstation. Getting a quad Xeon at a little over $2000 is a steal.

I want a Mac Pro to. Dual boot? Definately. If you game on the PC, put XP on there and have a quad core 64 monster and run games like a dream. Then when you don't game, use the best OS, OSX. Most macs are overpriced, but I think the Mac Pro is a great deal. The specs are the {censored}. I would put 2 gigs ram and put another superdrive, but that is just me. Get one.

Thanks for all the advises, Getting One Mac Pro this week ...

Will Keep you all updated!

Regards

Mutahir

Im currently saving up for one. Currently have an iMac G5. I tested a Mac Pro at the Apple store a few days ago, amazingly fast. 

Mac Pro

Dual 30inch Cinema Displays

=

Dream setup

The 2.66GHz Mac Pro really doesn't seem a whole lot faster to me than a G5 Quad with 1 gig of RAM, but they are waaaay faster than the 2.3s or 2GHz models. Get more RAM and they really purr.